X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

you see no conflict becuase you expect the backups to play at the same level as the starters. I dont. As for Herbert making "amazing big plays" who do you think calls those plays? Who coached him from college shotgun QB into the under center play action stud we see today? Chargers coaches have taken backup players and kept every game they played close. That says alot more then getting blown out by 30 points.

The silver lining is: our backups will be very experienced when our starters return and the talk will be how good our depth is.
    My discussion of a potential conflict in my analysis has nothing to do with starters and backups. It has to do with the superficial appearance on the one hand of blaming our coaching for a slow start against Carolina and on the other of not crediting our coaching for fast starts against Kansas City, Tampa Bay and New Orleans.

My point was/is that I can see how that might look at first glance as if I am contradicting myself, but I do not believe that I am. I see the reasons for the fast starts as having little to do with the coaching and more to do with big plays by Herbert that are often made in spite of being placed in bad down and distance situations by the inept game plans and play calling of our coaches. In those games, we have been able to get ahead in spite of our less than stellar coaching, not because of it.

Then, once we have been out to big leads, we have made numerous tactical in game blunders and we have been outcoached in terms of the halftime adjustments made against us.

So, yes, I blame Lynn for bringing the team out flat against the Panthers, but do not credit him for fast starts in other games and I do not see any inconsistency in doing that.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
      So, yes, I blame Lynn for bringing the team out flat against the Panthers, but do not credit him for fast starts in other games and I do not see any inconsistency in doing that.
      :wtf:

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
        :wtf:
        Your post seems disingenuous. You deliberately left out the part of my post that clearly explains my rationale for the portion of my post that you quoted.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
          East Coast Chargers Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
          • Send PM

If we move on from Lynn here are my top 2 Eric Bienamy and Joe Brady

Comment

• Biggestfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
            If we move on from Lynn here are my top 2 Eric Bienamy and Joe Brady
            Bienemy i think winds up in Atlanta

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Your post seems disingenuous. You deliberately left out the part of my post that clearly explains my rationale for the portion of my post that you quoted.
              :wtfrudoing:

Stop assuming.

I cut it short because bottom line is that you have repeatedly made the point that Lynn is not a good coach and is underachieveing and any success is because of player stepping up and has nothing to do with coaching. You made a laundry list of reasons.

my bottom line is WTF? Why a laundry list of blame for things that are not going well and then also discredit what did go well. You put the man in lose/lose no matter what he does. And then claim there is no inconsistency or hypocrisy in doing that.

I get your opinion. Lynn should be fired. He is a horrible coach. Horrible half time adjustment, etc..etc.. I just happen to think you opinion is dogshit. Sorry. Not Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Stop assuming.

I cut it short because bottom line is that you have repeatedly made the point that Lynn is not a good coach and is underachieveing and any success is because of player stepping up and has nothing to do with coaching. You made a laundry list of reasons.

my bottom line is WTF? Why a laundry list of blame for things that are not going well and then also discredit what did go well. You put the man in lose/lose no matter what he does. And then claim there is no inconsistency or hypocrisy in doing that.

I get your opinion. Lynn should be fired. He is a horrible coach. Horrible half time adjustment, etc..etc.. I just happen to think you opinion is dogshit. Sorry. Not Sorry.
                The point is that things can go well in spite of something that is not a good part of a team.

In 2018, we were 12-4, but we had a below average OL. But because Rivers was playing well enough to be an MVP candidate for most of the season, we managed to win 12 games anyway.

This year, Herbert is playing great in spite of bad game plans, bad play calling, and bad second half adjustments. Those realities are not helping him do better. They are making it more difficult for him to do well, but he is doing well anyway because of his skills, not because of what the coaches are doing. Clear enough?

There is no inconsistency in my position at all. That is just superficial nonsense. We took early leads because of big plays from Herbert and in spite of the bad game plans and bad play calls. If Taylor were playing, we would have lost by 20+ in all of those games which featured multiple big plays and drives from Herbert that Taylor never would have made.

Against Carolina, we came out flat and it is normal to raise that as a coaching issue. How many times have you heard it said about a coach over the years that he did not have his team ready to play? Well, that seems like an accurate description of how things panned out against Carolina.

There is nothing inconsistent about the discussions of the different game situations discussed in this post.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Stop assuming.

Anyone that knows football knows where there's smoke theirs fire. All things bad this year point directly to coaching. Period. Everyone sees it. Lynn's seat is smoldering right now if the losing streak continues we may see a midseason firing. It wouldn't surprise me. Bad clock management, bad adjustments, bad preparation, bad penalties, bad conditioning, just bad. The ONLY coach I disliked more was Mike Riley who's last job was the OC of the Seattle Dragons in the XFL. LMAO.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

In defense of Lynn....we're asking him to make Filet Mignon out of chopped liver! How many players was he supposed to have to play this season as veterans and they haven't shown up or have been injured 3 out of 5 games. You cannot blame lynn for signing a bunch of offensive linemen that didn't even show up this season. There have been just too many injuries at this point to blame anyone except bradly. Not sure what kind of defense he runs at crunch time but it below average in key situations. Really we should be no less than 3-2 right now.

:Cheers1:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      In defense of Lynn....we're asking him to make Filet Mignon out of chopped liver! How many players was he supposed to have to play this season as veterans and they haven't shown up or have been injured 3 out of 5 games. You cannot blame lynn for signing a bunch of offensive linemen that didn't even show up this season. There have been just too many injuries at this point to blame anyone except bradly. Not sure what kind of defense he runs at crunch time but it below average in key situations. Really we should be no less than 3-2 right now.

:Cheers1:
                      If this year wasn't an exact carbon copy of what we saw for 16 games last year, Lynn would not be being questioned. But the bottom has fallen out, again, and he appears clueless as to why and how to fix it. Add in the stubborn loyalty towards Taylor and not having a clue at what he had in Herbert and I see a guy who needs to be replaced.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

The point is that things can go well in spite of something that is not a good part of a team.

In 2018, we were 12-4, but we had a below average OL. But because Rivers was playing well enough to be an MVP candidate for most of the season, we managed to win 12 games anyway.

This year, Herbert is playing great in spite of bad game plans, bad play calling, and bad second half adjustments. Those realities are not helping him do better. They are making it more difficult for him to do well, but he is doing well anyway because of his skills, not because of what the coaches are doing. Clear enough?

There is no inconsistency in my position at all. That is just superficial nonsense. We took early leads because of big plays from Herbert and in spite of the bad game plans and bad play calls. If Taylor were playing, we would have lost by 20+ in all of those games which featured multiple big plays and drives from Herbert that Taylor never would have made.

Against Carolina, we came out flat and it is normal to raise that as a coaching issue. How many times have you heard it said about a coach over the years that he did not have his team ready to play? Well, that seems like an accurate description of how things panned out against Carolina.

There is nothing inconsistent about the discussions of the different game situations discussed in this post.

The logic of your arguement is flawed and therefore invalid. Your premises and conclusion have to align to make a solid case. And they simply fail to do so. No matter how many words you use or how many examples or different ways you stated it. Your arguements simply don't pass the test.

Just keep it simple. You don't believe Lynn is a good HC. And in your opinion, the team should replace him.

:smh:

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If this year wasn't an exact carbon copy of what we saw for 16 games last year, Lynn would not be being questioned. But the bottom has fallen out, again, and he appears clueless as to why and how to fix it. Add in the stubborn loyalty towards Taylor and not having a clue at what he had in Herbert and I see a guy who needs to be replaced.
                          Potentially....we'll see what we have for the rest of the season. If we lose to average teams I'll help him pack his bags! If the season is lost and there's zero chance for the playoffs, and they have a really good coach lined up for end season player evaluation, I'm good with that too!

opcorn:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X