X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Would all these HC have a problem if Bosa is out and not playing 4th quarter like happened vs Broncos. Allen gets back spasms and misses most of game.like vs Saints. Ekeler, Turner, Bulaga, James, Harris are not playing.
    Could it possibly be that all HCs would come up a bit short when many of their best players are not on the field?

Belichek.....did he forget to coach?

Why didn't Andy Reid win it all for 20 years until he ended up with his best QB of his career.

Why has Tomlin failed to makes post season when his team losses too many key starters?

49ers were 13-3 NFC Champ last year. Now they are 4-4. Injury is bringing them back down to .500 team.

​​​​​​Remember when Deon Sanders and Charles Haley went from 49ers to Cowboys. Did either sides coach suck or did the players switching teams have the biggest impact.

Whether it's Lynn or a different HC......they will need their best players to remain healthy. No matter if Bradley is gone. The new DC will need healthy Bosa, James, etc.... To be a great defense.

Lynn almost is getting the house of cards to stand up. Fast starts and leads. But it is falling because it really isn't that great of a roster with so many starters out of line up. As soon as Bosa is out. The pass rush disappear completely. Seems more like a talent issue than anything else.
    We have been the more talented team on the field in every game this season with the possible exception of the Kansas City game. Getting a house of cards to stand??? Lynn is stalling our Laborghini while allowing other teams to get to the finish line first with their Ford Tauruses.

And, in addition to generally being the more talented team on the field, we have had double digit leads in the second half of 5 of our 7 games.

You know who would not blow 5 double digit second half leads in only 7 games? Belichick, Reid, Tomlin, baby Shanarat, and any other head coach in NFL history not named Anthony Lynn.

3-14 in one score games since the beginning of last season and counting.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-03-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Maybe you should consider the merits of his post instead of whining like a baby in a thinly veiled attempt to avoid being confronted with the obvious reality that Anthony Lynn sucks mightily as a head coach.

Everyone is wrong from time to time, but it is not necessary for you to go out of your way to be wrong almost every time you post anything and then to refuse to admit that you were wrong at all costs when it is beyond obvious that you were and are not only wrong, but spectacularly wrong.

Your excuses for Lynn are utterly pathetic, but I will start breaking those down in a few other posts.
      :wtf:
      this post here is just pure gutter trash bully trolling by you.
      full of ad hominem attacks

i already admitted many times i could be so very wrong about Lynn. i already put the poll myself and went out on the limb to eat crow about it.

people who have read my takes know where i stand about Lynn and everyone on this TPB is willing to let me have my wrong opinion and have fun with it.
      except you.
      what the fuck is your problem?!! you are so far overboard here. it is making showing up here to talk shop no fun.
      you should allow others to have their completely wrong opinions and stop trying to be "exactly right" with yours.

i have never used the block/ignore. but now i have you as my Pathetic Excuse to use it.
      :toyou:
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

Bosa was on the field when building big lead.

He was on field when they started second half forcing 3 and out on Broncos 1st drive of 3rd quarter. While Chargers put up TD and FG to begin the 3rd quarter. So clearly the started out hot in second half.

Bosa left the game early 4th quarter and all of a sudden the pass rush disappeared. And their QB got comfortable and their run game got going.

​​​​​I'm just saying what happened and why. It is never an excuse. Only an explanation of events with reasons. Lynn and Bradley and the players earned the L. There is no excuses. Bottom line Lynn will eventually get replaced if he can't find a way to get his players to get it done.

I'm just of the opinion that an HC change doesn't put Derwin James on the field right now. It doesn't make Bosa healthy for 4th quarter. It doesn't put Ekeler or Harris on the field right away. And those player would do much more for winning than any HC change. And the team clearly has a game plan and motivation to get leads and be in position to win games. Lynn has got to find a way to stop the bleeding. No excuses.

I guess I'm sympathetic because I know what it's like to have a team playing great and then struggle when losing its best talent to injury. Its a real thing. If a bench player got injured. It was a non factor for me and the team. Of my worst starters were out, again. No. Factor. But, When my mvp was out, it was a big impact. It let's you know. It always starts with players and talent. Then it's coaching and execution.

So if your opinion is they are talented enough on defense even without James, Bosa, Harris .....then okay. But my opinion is that those 3 players would change outcomes of close games more than any HC or DC change would do.
        You keep missing how the coaching caused the result. The game never should have been close.

We went conservative after we got the INT, which resulted in third down and a known passing situation. The result was an INT by Denver. That would have been the absolutely perfect time to step on Denver's neck and get the game back to a 3 TD lead. We should have been passing the ball on first down, consolidating the momentum from the INT.

We also went conservative at key moments of our 4th quarter possessions, resulting in two FGs and zero TDs.

We combined that conservative approach with a soft, conservative approach on defense.

Lynn's too conservative approach to head coaching put the Broncos in a position late in the game to win.

It had nothing to do with the players on the field on defense. And Lynn forfeited the right to that argument when he failed to make a healthy Desmond King active for the game.

All of the above is just the latest example of why Lynn is 3-14 in one score games since the beginning of last year and is now the only head coach in NFL history to blow leads of 17, 17, 16, and 21 points in consecutive games, and that is in addition to blowing an 11 point lead in week 2.

That is not just incompetence. It is historically bad, stunning incompetence.

Your attempts in various posts to blame the refs or injuries is truly a bunch of pathetic nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
          When you hire a coordinator, you never know how it's going to work out?

Being a HC is like being the CEO of a large company, and a lot of that stuff you used to do in your old job... someone else does.

You have no idea whether someone can handle the "big desk", until they are put in that position.

The Chargers, unfortunately, have always hired retreads or up and coming coordinators.

Marty was a good hire, but couldn't get along with AJ Smith.

Boss Ross was a good hire.

Norv was both a retread and a Coordinator. Should have hired Ron Rivera at that time.

There's no better option on staff, and we're not going to turn it around. I was the one who said someone should get fired if they get embarrassed in Denver. They didn't get embarrassed. But they did do what they have repeatedly done.

The past 2 seasons have shown me that Anthony Lynn doesn't have it as a head coach. He wasn't ready for the big job.

There's no 100% certain candidate out there.

I thought McCoy would be good. I was wrong.

I'm not a "fire the coach" guy. I'm not. I think AL should get to finish the season.

But I think we should hire someone new.
          I guess that depends on what you think is embarrassing. To me, extending an NFL record of coaching ineptitude by blowing leads of 17, 17, 16 and now 21 points in consecutive weeks to go along with a blown 11 point second half lead seems plenty embarrassing as does being 3-14 in one score games since the beginning of last season.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I guess that depends on what you think is embarrassing. To me, extending an NFL record of coaching ineptitude by blowing leads of 17, 17, 16 and now 21 points in consecutive weeks to go along with a blown 11 point second half lead seems plenty embarrassing as does being 3-14 in one score games since the beginning of last season.
            Don't get too ahead of yourself. Lynn plans to blow a 28 point lead next week. By week 17 Lynn will blow a 42 point first quarter lead just to put an exclamation on the season.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

I didn't think Lynn would be gone today, but I thought for sure by noon PST Bradley would be unemployed.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Don't get too ahead of yourself. Lynn plans to blow a 28 point lead next week. By week 17 Lynn will blow a 42 point first quarter lead just to put an exclamation on the season.
                What was a I thinking? :shrug:

Comment

:wtf:
                  this post here is just pure gutter trash bully trolling by you.
                  full of ad hominem attacks

i already admitted many times i could be so very wrong about Lynn. i already put the poll myself and went out on the limb to eat crow about it.

people who have read my takes know where i stand about Lynn and everyone on this TPB is willing to let me have my wrong opinion and have fun with it.
                  except you.
                  what the fuck is your problem?!! you are so far overboard here. it is making showing up here to talk shop no fun.
                  you should allow others to have their completely wrong opinions and stop trying to be "exactly right" with yours.

i have never used the block/ignore. but now i have you as my Pathetic Excuse to use it.
                  :toyou:
                  Give me break!

You could be wrong about Lynn? FFS, you are wrong about Lynn. There is no "could be" about it.

And instead of just owning it like the poster to whom you responded asked you to do, you responded by discussing a bunch of injuries and bad call nonsense, calling that poster an "asshole", and now by calling me a "bully troller". For suggesting that you should stop whining like a baby (about him challenging the quality of your position) and consider the merits of his post?

Well, I guess if nothing else is working for you, you can divert attention from your (very bad) position by saying others are being mean to you. SMH....

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Every single one of us knows how many leads blown and under 7 point losses the Chargers have had over the last 3 seasons. That ALONE is PROOF that COACHING IS THE PROBLEM! Top to bottom Head Coach to lowest assistant coach. Our coaching staff sucks. Our conditioning staff sucks, our medical staff sucks. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY BLOW SO MANY LEADS? It's fucking amazing! BLOW IT ALL UP. Start fresh next year with a talent like Herbert leading the way.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

This team will never win anything with this staff. If this is not evident to the lame brains who own this organization not sure it'll ever be

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't want a first time head coach - evne Bieniemy though I doubt he goes in division anyway

I would be okay with a guy who has been HC once and failed, Even Josh McDaniels. Schwartz maybe. Todd Bowles.

If going for a new HC - Fassell or Toub would be interesting names to me

I would also be okay with Marvin Lewis over many first time names. He had a long run in Cincy - mixed bag but had some playoff games . He is used to working for bad owners.

I think today - my combo is Riddick and Marvin Lewis. Tomorrow it probably changes.
                        Now you have gone too far. He never won a playoff game, excepted anything the owners threw at him which was drafting shitheads. He is a yes man and has no nads imo for what he put up with to keep his job. No Thanks to Marvin Lewis.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Bosa was on the field when building big lead.

He was on field when they started second half forcing 3 and out on Broncos 1st drive of 3rd quarter. While Chargers put up TD and FG to begin the 3rd quarter. So clearly the started out hot in second half.

Bosa left the game early 4th quarter and all of a sudden the pass rush disappeared. And their QB got comfortable and their run game got going.

​​​​​I'm just saying what happened and why. It is never an excuse. Only an explanation of events with reasons. Lynn and Bradley and the players earned the L. There is no excuses. Bottom line Lynn will eventually get replaced if he can't find a way to get his players to get it done.

I'm just of the opinion that an HC change doesn't put Derwin James on the field right now. It doesn't make Bosa healthy for 4th quarter. It doesn't put Ekeler or Harris on the field right away. And those player would do much more for winning than any HC change. And the team clearly has a game plan and motivation to get leads and be in position to win games. Lynn has got to find a way to stop the bleeding. No excuses.

I guess I'm sympathetic because I know what it's like to have a team playing great and then struggle when losing its best talent to injury. Its a real thing. If a bench player got injured. It was a non factor for me and the team. Of my worst starters were out, again. No. Factor. But, When my mvp was out, it was a big impact. It let's you know. It always starts with players and talent. Then it's coaching and execution.

So if your opinion is they are talented enough on defense even without James, Bosa, Harris .....then okay. But my opinion is that those 3 players would change outcomes of close games more than any HC or DC change would do.
                          Bosa was on the field for that 55 yard run. Bosa is one player. With him on the field you think we dont give up that TD in 2 plays?

Also what does that say for Ingram where many have said we need to keep him? He is worthless without Bosa?

Leaders make plays, lead the defense, and step up when needed. Ingram does neither.

Comment

Working...
                          X