• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    After that Cheifs Raiders game. Reporter ask Mahomes, how you get that done and his answer was..... Players Make Plays.
    :stirpot:
    The part he left out was about good coaches putting their players in the position to succeed, instilling the fundamentals to execute the plays and a belief they can win. The anti-Lynn.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The part he left out was about good coaches putting their players in the position to succeed, instilling the fundamentals to execute the plays and a belief they can win. The anti-Lynn.
      Chris Mortenson said it...

Comment

• Disco Volante
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

More power to you Critty, but I’m sincerely confused as to why you think you’re in position to stir any pot after today? Because of the result?
        what has Lynn proven other than he takes no responsibility for leading the proper attitude with statements like today that throw his players under the bus
        ”they act like they’re doing me a favor”
        why is the leader of men complaining about the perceived attitude from his own players.
        Absolutely the opposite of leading, it’s abandoning
        All he has left is to stir the pot.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I just think yesterday is why Lynn should be fired. They have a comfortable lead 31-13 against the worst team in the league and the Jets make it close. I mean, they had the ball at the 30 or so with a chance for a TD and two point. He doesn't understand clock or game management. That Mims catch should have been reviewed. He took a time out from the 10 or whatever instead of just taking the delay and making a 23 yard kick a 28 yard kick

I give him credit for Herbert - because he has to be involved. But damn he just does this week to week. And Stewart again, another punt block.

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

Cant believe it as I was never comfortable till the clock read 0. If the refs throw that flag and gave the Jets the ball at the 1 yard line no doubt in my mind they hand it off to Gore for a TD run. Clock management was horrific and S.T might as well just go for it on every 4th down so we dont get a block punt. If Lynsanity is this coach again next year I will be very disappointed.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It was mentioned in the broadcast, early first quarter.
              Lynn responding to a question about the team or specifically special teams woes.
              Lynn’s response was that of outrage saying that the players act like they’re doing Lynn a favor and don’t realize their jobs are on the line.
              essentially calling the team unmotivated

I would wish our leader of men take that on as a responsibility to motivate or find better motivated players in his 4th year instead of passing the buck.

these players may have a false sense of safety by from watching George Stewart employed everyday.
              I would have to hear it to believe it. I've heard too many things about Lynn that turned out to be a mischaracterization.

If true, Lynn has lost respect in the locker room, Spanos needs to fire him today, and critty needs to reprogram himself on this issue.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                Cant believe it as I was never comfortable till the clock read 0. If the refs throw that flag and gave the Jets the ball at the 1 yard line no doubt in my mind they hand it off to Gore for a TD run. Clock management was horrific and S.T might as well just go for it on every 4th down so we dont get a block punt. If Lynsanity is this coach again next year I will be very disappointed.
                Yesterday should not make anybody feel better about Anthony Lynn as a head coach. The lack of challenge on the Mims catch; the time out instead of taking the delay inside the 10. And yes, if a PI is called at the end, Gore would have scored and they would have got the two point conversion.

It was a win and that is good but it does show - they need a new head football coach. This roster is set up pretty well to win - OL, CB, and LB are needs. But there are many pieces in place. Get a coach who has been there, done that. Even if they have failed once.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yesterday should not make anybody feel better about Anthony Lynn as a head coach. The lack of challenge on the Mims catch; the time out instead of taking the delay inside the 10. And yes, if a PI is called at the end, Gore would have scored and they would have got the two point conversion.

It was a win and that is good but it does show - they need a new head football coach. This roster is set up pretty well to win - OL, CB, and LB are needs. But there are many pieces in place. Get a coach who has been there, done that. Even if they have failed once.

I agree 100 Percent! Yeah that Mims catch they should have been quick on that one. Was also pretty annoying watching Flaco chuck it up every play hoping for a P.I as if he knew were the Chargers and they would call it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I agree 100 Percent! Yeah that Mims catch they should have been quick on that one. Was also pretty annoying watching Flaco chuck it up every play hoping for a P.I as if he knew were the Chargers and they would call it.
                    Amazing how the Jets really did nothing offensively the first half but right away, second half kickoff, boom, a score. Like the Denver game. This team cannot make adjustments at halftime.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Andy is great.
                      but I can't help but notice he has a losing record when he isn't starting a top 10 draft pick at QB. And he always used very mobile QBs that fit his style. He is a very smart coach.
                      Perhaps that is why he was not hire by Chargers when we had Rivers. Maybe he told the front office, he would want to trade Philip and get a different style of QB that fits what he likes to do. And they said well then this isn't a match.
                      ​​​​​​I already posted in this thread Reid getting roasted for poor game management over his career. Although I disagree with the article. I think it's grading the results and then making a conclusion.

Reid and Gruden defense were not able to close.
                      Both teams went right down the field to take lead.
                      What gives? Why can't they get their DC to call better plays that stop the other team?

Coaches coach, players play. Players Make plays.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Andy Reid was never brought in to be interviewed by the Chargers. He signed with K.C. pretty quickly, while the Chargers were still interviewing.

Reid never was an option for the Spanos: its quite possible his agent didn't entertain calls from the Spanos. Certainly, his price and desire for control
                        was unacceptable.

KC , the last 30 years, keeps on bringing in experienced ex head coaches who tasted NFL success elsewhere:

Schottenheimer/Vermeil/Edwards/Reid

Except for Schottenheimer, the Spanos keep on bringing in retreads or newbies: they scored once with Ross using their method.

Since then (excluding Schottenheimer): Gilbride/the oregon state guy/Norv/visor head/ Lynn.

they've actually had one coach since 2006: Norv 'visor head' Lynn

Newbies are malleable and can fit in with the Spanos brand. They want to market themselves for L.A.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Andy Reid was never brought in to be interviewed by the Chargers. He signed with K.C. pretty quickly, while the Chargers were still interviewing.

Reid never was an option for the Spanos: its quite possible his agent didn't entertain calls from the Spanos. Certainly, his price and desire for control
                          was unacceptable.

KC , the last 30 years, keeps on bringing in experienced ex head coaches who tasted NFL success elsewhere:

Schottenheimer/Vermeil/Edwards/Reid

Except for Schottenheimer, the Spanos keep on bringing in retreads or newbies: they scored once with Ross using their method.

Since then (excluding Schottenheimer): Gilbride/the oregon state guy/Norv/visor head/ Lynn.

they've actually had one coach since 2006: Norv 'visor head' Lynn

Newbies are malleable and can fit in with the Spanos brand. They want to market themselves for L.A.
                          I think I have this right:

Andy has a house in Del Mar I believe

It was reported by probably Mort that Andy wanted San Diego
                          My guess, Dean never made a damn call

I like your name for the coach since Marty: NorVisorLynn

Thats why I am such a proponent of a second time HC> Look at Jim Schwartz around Doug Pederson - one would think he would notice how Pederson coaches to win, analytics, two points, etc

My short list is still: Shaw, Taub, Pagano, - but give me a one fired, soon to be second over a never tried

Comment

Working...
                          X