• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Kevin Colbert of Steelers somehow has Eight players that are 1st rd pick talent on his defense acquired through, draft, trade and free agency.

Colbert has one losing season in 20 years as GM.
    7 years with Cowher and 13 with Tomlin.
    Superbowl win with each HC.

I am absolutely certain Lynn would win a Superbowl if Colbert was his GM. Cowher and Tomlin are not known as Xs and Os guys or great with timeouts. They are known as leaders.
    not on board w/that last sentiment, albeit was a very Steelers move to trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick, and that's what I'm asking.... what is the identity of the LA Chargers ??

when you read mock databases, peoples are beginning to pencil in speed receivers to the Chiefs, and (very) early in the process, which is not unlike the Steelers, as many peoples routinely slot them a linebacker, and earlier than later.... they draft rugged football players, even @wide receiver, and which is why eye liked and was surprised by the Desmond King pick.... it seemed very Pittsburgh of us.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

ps. the Patriots starting lineup is loaded.... w/day three linemen, and....

they have a surfeit of third rounders as well.... how many first and second rounders do they have starting for them ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        ps. the Patriots starting lineup is loaded.... w/day three linemen, and....

they have a surfeit of third rounders as well.... how many first and second rounders do they have starting for them ??
        Coaching aside. Who do you favor between o line
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I think his point is you can’t put coaching aside because they’re getting it done with late round picks. Obviously coaching is having an impact. You’ve spent lots of time saying we don’t have the talent for Lynn to win. You can’t just brush that aside now

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not on board w/that last sentiment, albeit was a very Steelers move to trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick, and that's what I'm asking.... what is the identity of the LA Chargers ??

when you read mock databases, peoples are beginning to pencil in speed receivers to the Chiefs, and (very) early in the process, which is not unlike the Steelers, as many peoples routinely slot them a linebacker, and earlier than later.... they draft rugged football players, even @wide receiver, and which is why eye liked and was surprised by the Desmond King pick.... it seemed very Pittsburgh of us.
            I agree with where you going here.
            ​​​Identity of the LA Chargers Spanos not wanted in LA
            Telesco roster failures and HC hire failures
            Lynn 2 good year 2 bad years
            Rivers dumped
            Herbert stud QB

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

as a coaching aside.... would really like to see how we do w/a new HC.

obviously peoples give the nod to the Pats Oline, and.... was it our HC who greenlighted playing many of our linemen out of position, or @least at a position they hadn't played in college ??

and if he didn't, he sure coulda made the decision to play Feeney @RG, or to give Forrest a turn @tackle.

eye like where our line is going w/Campen, albeit yes.... Mr. Telesco has to do a better job there, and even tho perhaps our HC hasn't played to the strengths of our unit on O ??

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think his point is you can’t put coaching aside because they’re getting it done with late round picks. Obviously coaching is having an impact. You’ve spent lots of time saying we don’t have the talent for Lynn to win. You can’t just brush that aside now
                ​​​​​​The roster and health of roster matters.
                BB roster isn't as good this year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

LOL is right.

it’s a QB league and we have one of the top guys in the league.

Better secondary than the Broncos or Raiders.
                  our LBs suck so they can have the nod.
                  DL is close but we have a top 3 guy. With Miller out were better than Denver.

offense, qbs aren’t really close. We have the edge at the most important position on the field.
                  OL, where a player is drafted doesn’t mean anything.
                  WRs, again we have a top 5 guy. MW is untapped still and Guyton and Johnson are deep threats. Denver and the Raiders have a few guys but nobody at those levels.
                  TE like u say is close.
                  RBs, we might be slightly less. Neither of them have a Derrick Henry or Alvin Kamara/Dalvin Cook.
                  I just dont agree. The Raiders secondary is real young and they have some talent. It's going to be a strength for them going forward.
                  I think it is better than ours with their arrow pointing up while Derwin, is great when healthy but that's a problem.
                  Hayward has been bad. Facyson sux, Davis above Ave. Adderly hasn't been that great but I have hopes for him improving next season.

The Raiders have a rookie Arnette and second year CB Mullin. First and second rounders and have Abrams at SS. This is basically his rookie season like Adderly and they have a vet at FS in Erik Harris.

I think their secondary has good potential. Hec many here liked Isaiah Johnson.

We need to draft a CB.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

​​​​​​The roster and health of roster matters.
                    BB roster isn't as good this year.
                    No doubt. Once Brady was gone and key players started opting out it was pretty clear NE was gonna be a shadow of itself this season. I’m surprised theyve won 5 games. I’m more surprised we’ve only won 3

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I just dont agree. The Raiders secondary is real young and they have some talent. It's going to be a strength for them going forward.
                      I think it is better than ours with their arrow pointing up while Derwin, is great when healthy but that's a problem.
                      Hayward has been bad. Facyson sux, Davis above Ave. Adderly hasn't been that great but I have hopes for him improving next season.

The Raiders have a rookie Arnette and second year CB Mullin. First and second rounders and have Abrams at SS. This is basically his rookie season like Adderly and they have a vet at FS in Erik Harris.

We need to draft a CB.
                      Hayward hasn’t had a good season. Remains to be seen whether he has lost a step or is just off. Chris Harris is solid and Davis is incredibly underrated. I like Abrams on the Raiders but he’s out tomorrow and has his own injury issues. If Derwin is healthy we are better by some margin. He’s better than anyone on either the Raiders or Broncos or chiefs for that matter.

potential is the dirtiest word in sports or life

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Hayward hasn’t had a good season. Remains to be seen whether he has lost a step or is just off. Chris Harris is solid and Davis is incredibly underrated. I like Abrams on the Raiders but he’s out tomorrow and has his own injury issues. If Derwin is healthy we are better by some margin. He’s better than anyone on either the Raiders or Broncos or chiefs for that matter.

potential is the dirtiest word in sports or life
                        Derwin is but he is one of four in a secondary and hasn't played for two seasons now. Harris has only played in three games? Hard to tell if he has been solid.

Abrams is one of those who hurts himself because of the way he plays. He hurt a teammate easier this season.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We need to draft a CB.
                          Yes, AND
                          I’m waiting until a real DC gets here and flys with my idea of putting James at CB
                          TPB will be witness to my genius
                          muhahaha

James is a specimen, but is breaking down quickly, asking him to playin the box won’t help.
                          We have to be realistic and admit that we’re not going to have superman in the secondary masking our deficiencies
                          Box safeties are a dime-o-dozen, hell, many have already pegged Jenkins as a potential starter there
                          DJ needs to be asked to use his size and speed to cover WR2s and elite TEs and leave the more physical duties to lesser players
                          We need to also ask adderly to play some CB role

Another possibility is FS. I would consider that is our CB situation was set but it’s far from.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X