X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Keenan averages 9.9 YPC and Diggs has 120 receptions and 8 TDs.. As much as i love Keenan, Diggs makes more big plays and is a threat going deep. Keenan is a possesion WR and a great one but id at least call that a wash ...at the very least. Its like trading John Jefferson and getting Wes Chandler to replace him.

Ekeler is NOT a cowbell. Advantage Buffalo as a group, as you mentioned this is as a group. Dont start making concessions now.

Again, as a group Henry is much better but Parham and Anderson over their Knox? Parahm has 7 receptions....c'mon man. Obviously they dont use their TEs as much as we do. Some teams dont.
    Diggs has 120 receptions, Beasley has 82, The rookie Davis has 33 but has 6 TDs and i forgot they also have WR John Brown who is hurt right now. Their WR's are much better than ours as a group.

Beasley was a good weapon but at Dallas but he said they dont like to throw to the slot guy as often...thats on Jason Garrett. Now Beasley is thriving. Teams doing things differently. IMO using all your weapons should be the plan.

Sorry to say again....just seems you are a bit of a homer. Not realistic in this sense at all if you were actually fair in your assessment.

I just think you arent realistic in some of your takes. We should have a few more wins sure but to say would should be 12-3...wel, im sure there are many forums where fans think they should have better records. You are what your record says you are.

Id be ok to Fire this staff and Telesco, but they ned to reassgin JohnBoy as well. He has not helped matters having final say.

I agree that Ekeler is not a "cowbell". (I think you may have inadvertently said "cowbell" when you wanted "bell cow" and I agree that Ekeler is not a bell cow RB either and that that undercuts my view to a degree, but certainly not entirely. Now go ring that Ekeler!) I do think Ekeler is much better than anyone BUF has.

Keenan was leading the NFL in receptions before his injury. Keenan is more likely to be open, Diggs is more explosive. I agree that both are very good players. I think most folks would take Williams over Beasley, though Beasley's stats are clearly better. Brown has only produced at roughly Johnson's level. And, as noted earlier, Guyton has more receiving yards than Davis. Guyton also has a huge speed advantage over Davis.

I stated that but for Henry, Parham would outproduce Knox. Parham is a better receiver than Knox. Honestly, I think Green would be too if given as many chances. BUF's TEs are not good. I think that is just accurate and does not make me a homer.

BUF does have the advantage at OL, but it is not a blowout kind of advantage, though it is a significant advantage, especially with respect to run blocking.

I think we should have held the 4 double digit lead games that we lost, but Lynn confuses running the ball with burning the clock and does not appear to realize that it is stringing first downs together that kills the clock. Those games are KC, @NO, @TB and @ DEN. The time management debacle against the Raiders also very, very likely cost us the game. Against MIA, we used the wrong game plan for almost the entire game and flushed that easily winnable game down the toilet. Against BUF, the keystone cops time management debacle was on full display in both halves, but we also turtle ran a key second half possession away when we could have had points. We should have won that game. That is 7 games that Lynn utterly screwed over into losses.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Interesting premise. What do you think the records would be with a flipped coaching staff?
      $64M question, isn't it?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Sorry dude. I guess you know better than the pro's. Because before the Buffalo game that is EXACTLY what the pre-game talking heads say. I'll let them know to consult you first next time.
        Do you not remember Cam Cameron?
        He was the it OC talking heads were giving so much credit to when Chargers went 14-2.
        Dolphins hire him. He went 1-15 and started Cleo Lemon at QB and then was fired after one season.

Chip Kelly remember he was the OC genius all those talking heads were talking about. And it started okay in NFL then flamed out quickly.

We could list dozen and dozen of examples of hype up OC or DC and then........they did nothing special.

Matter of fact. Talking heads were all over Lynn as a great candidate to be HC. And after he went 9-7 and 12-4 he was praised as one of the great new HC in the league.
        ​​
        Most talking heads are prisoners of the moment.
        Just like fanatics.

There is a franchise QB in JH10. So of they do hire a new HC, at least they have the key piece to the puzzle. And I will support that person too. Until I think they actually underachieve with a talented team with healthy stars.

I'm not holding anything against Shanahan in SF. Go look at my post early in year right after Bosa went down. I said they will win maybe 6 games. They are 6-9.
        When I saw Belicheat roster. I said until they improve the roster, especially QB. They won't be any better than 8-8.
        They are 6-9.
        And I'm having the same take about Chargers with Lynn.
        I blamed the roster for all 3 of these teams troubles this year.

you all blame coaches more, and I blame GM, roster talent and health and player performances more. I did blame Lynn for some things this year. I'm just not joining the group think and scapegoating him.

:beer:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Critty you know what else starts with talent?

Coaching!

There are great coaches, good coaches, ok coaches and bad coaches. Lynn falls somewhere in the middle like our players overall talent.

A QB may miss an open man or a RB runs to the wrong hole, a WR can run a wrong route the and ​​​​​Lynn can't manage a clock and Steichen doesn't understand having no timeouts with under 30 seconds calls for a pass.
          Excellent point.

Earlier this season Lynn said he was having a "down year". That's something you can sometimes think about a player but I don't think I've heard it said about a coach

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Critty you know what else starts with talent?

Coaching!

There are great coaches, good coaches, ok coaches and bad coaches. Lynn falls somewhere in the middle like our players overall talent.

A QB may miss an open man or a RB runs to the wrong hole, a WR can run a wrong route the and ​​​​​Lynn can't manage a clock and Steichen doesn't understand having no timeouts with under 30 seconds calls for a pass.
            I don't think there are any bad coaches or players at NFL level.
            But I do agree there are much more talent players. And I do agree that some coaches are better. And on some days coaches get out coached. But usually the more talented, healthy and experienced team wins. We all see how the so called greatest HC Belicheat is doing without Brady.

I do agree Steichen was overly aggressive there and needed to be conservative. I said it immediately in the game day thread that it was bad coaching right there. I can partly agree Lynn had a few timeouts that could be better used. But Steichen also has been getting good work out of Herbert. And his big blunders. Fortunately for him it didn't impact the W or L in those game. And I think he learned an important lesson about not doing too much. Something Rivers still doesn't always quite get right. right.
            So players don't have to be perfect but coaches do?

Anyways, this team which may finish 7-9. If Lynn was perfect with all his timeouts and decisions. And Steichen too. Then it get one more win and is an 8-8 team..
            But we get 3 more wins with players making plays.
            Which could be 10-6.

Coaches coach. Players play.

There is no guarantee changing from Lynn to any other HC moves the needle. You are not getting a top HC. You are getting another OC and hoping he can fill the HC job really well.
            Fortunately for whoever that is next year they have a franchise QB to build around and work with.

But better get oline, better RB depth. And a pass rusher opposite Bosa. Or you will be 8-8.
            Last edited by Critty; 12-29-2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I don't think there are any bad coaches or players at NFL level.
              But I do agree there are much more talent players. And I do agree that some coaches are better. And on some days coaches get out coached. But usually the more talented, healthy and experienced team wins. We all see how the so called greatest HC Belicheat is doing without Brady.

I do agree Steichen was overly aggressive there and needed to be conservative. I said it immediately in the game day thread that it was bad coaching right there. I can partly agree Lynn had a few timeouts that could be better used. But Steichen also has been getting good work out of Herbert. And his big blunders. Fortunately for him it didn't impact the W or L in those game. And I think he learned an important lesson about not doing too much. Something Rivers still doesn't always quite get right. right.
              So players don't have to be perfect but coaches do?

Anyways, this team which may finish 7-9. If Lynn was perfect with all his timeouts and decisions. And Steichen too. Then it get one more win and is an 8-8 team..
              But we get 3 more wins with players making plays.
              Which could be 10-6.

Coaches coach. Players play.

There is no guarantee changing from Lynn to any other HC moves the needle. You are not getting a top HC. You are getting another OC and hoping he can fill the HC job really well.
              Fortunately for whoever that is next year they have a franchise QB to build around and work with.

But better get oline, better RB depth. And a pass rusher opposite Bosa. Or you will be 8-8.
              Belichick would be doing better and doesn't need Brady to be better but hec if Cam could throw the ball just average they would be better. He can't throw for shit anymore. I think with Tyrod they would be better than with Cam.

As for Steichen, even if Lynn stays, he needs to go. Pep imo gets the credit for Herbert and if Lynn stays Pep should maybe be the OC or get someone else.

And finally I now agree. A new HC will be a cheap first time hire that the Spaniis can tell him who to play which they shouldn't say crap.. They don't know how to coach a team. Infuriating!

I almost don't care right now after seeing that video. I'll wait and see what happens at seasons end to see it I care anymore.

Comment

• SBbound
                Casual fanatic
                • Feb 2019
                • Merced/San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

$64M question, isn't it?
                My guess is that the records would closely follow the coaching staffs. I was curious if that was your though as well.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

My guess is that the records would closely follow the coaching staffs. I was curious if that was your though as well.
                  It is. I am a big believer in the value of coaching. I believe it makes the difference. Most NFL teams are pretty evenly stocked talent wise with the caveat that certain players are just outliers and you have to have a QB. For example, the Chiefs have a few outliers in Mahomes, Hill and Kelce so even in an even coaching match up, they are going to prevail.

conversely, when you’re consistently getting out coached, you’re gonna end up on the losing end more often than not.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

More cowbell

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Huh? So you give McDermott the Patriots and give Belicheat the Bills. You still feel like record follows coaches.
                      Packers and 49ers. Shanahan and LeFleur. You think they Bring Records with them. Dougie Pederson and Bruce Arians. You think the records don't stick closer to the players.
                      All sport is played by players and won by the players. Coach have impact, but never that kind of impact.
                      Too many injury to stars and you are average really quick.
                      QB is most obvious.
                      But the Dallas vs Eagles game change the moment DL Fletcher Cox left.
                      Chargers pass rush disappeared when Ingram and Bosa missing.

I don't get it. You don't think you switch out Tillery for Aaron Donald it is more impactful than McVay and Lynn switch.

If you had to chose
                      Which is it
                      McVay for Lynn.
                      Or
                      Donald for Tillery.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        More cowbell
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Gosh dang it Herbert, can you please avoid these rookie mistakes!

Comment

Working...
                          X