• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

To be clear, I think your disagreement with me is within the range of where reasonable minds might disagree.

Even if you think that the skill position players are equal overall and BUF has an edge with respect to the OL, that difference does not in any way account for the huge difference in wins (6) between the two teams.

Obviously, there is a reason for such a huge difference and that reason is the vast difference in level of coaching between the two teams.

BUF was up 38-9 against NE and still throwing the ball because that was what was working the entire game. They demonstrated killer instinct. They did not play "not to lose" like we always seem to do. They did not run away from what was working like we did against KC, NO, TB and DEN at key moments of the game that caused the momentum to shift. They did not use the wrong approach all game long like we did against MIA. They did not engage in clock management idiocy like we did against them and in the first LV game. Every one of those games should have been a win for us and was a loss instead.

You could say that one or two blown games might be within the range of normal. After all, BUF lost one huge lead (even though they won that game) and lost a game after leading by double digits on a Hail Mary pass, which I think we can all agree is mostly a fluke, but that is one or two games, not 7 games.

What is not within the range of where reasonable minds might differ is the crazy stuff that Critty posts for the notion that Lynn has not done anything wrong when the approach taken by Lynn has been amazingly poor in so many games this season.
    And WRs. And thats just offense. They have a better secondary too. Everything else can be a wash.

They have a Huge edge in HC and OC.

Critty is extreme and has weird ideas and likes to trade picks for things like a kicker which nobody to my knowledge has done.
    But he has some good points and so do you but i dont agree with all of yours either, but whatever. Nobody agrees with all of mine as well so hey man, we are just having discussions of ideas here.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-31-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

So the Bills are #4 in pass block win rate and #2 pass rush win rate

Chargers are #32 in pass block win rate and #21 pass rush win rate

They give Allen time and pressure opponent well. Chargers not so much.
      When Ford went out. They moved Williams over who was a veteran with 41 starts to replace him.
      When Bulaga doesnt play, Charger replace him with Pipkins or Storm.

When you have the #32 pass blocking and a rookie QB, it might be a good idea to use the run game, screen game to slow up pass rush.
      Oh wait they are doing that and the fans hate that terrible game planning. They say open it up early. Let Justin Pass.

But that is all Lynn fault we suck and are #32 pass blocking team, and all McDerrmott genius that they are #4 pass blocking team.
      It all coaching fellas. Talent doesnt matter. Ask Chainy, he knows.

:cartman:
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lyth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        So the Bills are #4 in pass block win rate and #2 pass rush win rate

Chargers are #32 in pass block win rate and #21 pass rush win rate

When Ford went out. They moved Williams over who was a veteran with 41 starts to replace him.
        When Bulaga doesnt play, Charger replace him with Pipkins or Storm.

When you have the #32 pass blocking and a rookie QB, it might be a good idea to use the run game, screen game to slow up pass rush.
        Oh wait they are doing that and the fans hate that terrible game planning. They say open it up early. Let Justin Pass.

But that is all Lynn fault we suck and are #32 pass blocking team, and all McDerrmott genius that they are #4 pass blocking team.
        It all coaching fellas. Talent doesnt matter. Ask Chainy, he knows.

:cartman:
        Some of this is predictability in the play calling. It's easier to win pass blocking if the D doesn't know if you're going to run or pass. Against the Chargers, they always know. They can blitz and stunt which makes it easier to get wins.

Yes, Lynn has to go but, unless Lynn is directing the play-calling, our OC needs some more time as a position coach before he calls plays at the NFL level.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Comment

• Lyth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Get rid of the waterboys too. They're likely related to the Spanos in some way.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
              Get rid of the waterboys too. They're likely related to the Spanos in some way.
              :cheers:

Comment

• Randall Turner
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2020
                • Send PM

<snip>

It’s certainly going to be easier coaching from the positive side of the pressure/protection equation. And yeah, most times that’s the ballgame. Even against Baltimore - they might not care as much, but you can always stack the box until they have to care.

Seems like everyone on the draft picks discussions agrees our main need is OL now. That’s nice. I think if we could have kept Ingram and Bosa healthy it’d go a long way towards solving our pressure issues. (I also hear that Derwin guy does good things when he plays, been awhile since I’ve seen him.) Being lucky there’s nice, and we should do whatever possible to help luck along. (Lady Luck, not Andrew - that guy’s rich.)

2020 was f’d up as far as physical preparation goes, neh.

Critty, I just believe the whole NFL winning thing is complicated, and I’m not sure anymore we’re set in terms of having people competent to handle that complexity. And I basically disagree with the Schottenheimer/Ditka approach to winning in the NFL. Don’t get me wrong, I LIKE grinding our opponents into dust three point five yards at a time, just don’t think it can work consistently - and there’s also a visceral rush to watching the scoreboard light up like a pinball machine.

tl;dr think you’re right about key difference w/Buffalo. Stud LT** gives us 4-5 more wins IMO. But still think coaching’s a factor, and I’m done with Anthony, bless his heart.

** - okay, a *healthy* stud LT.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Derwin James joins Herbert in supporting Lynn.

like I said yesterday, Lynn HC, Rex DC and Pep OC I. 2021

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Some of this is predictability in the play calling. It's easier to win pass blocking if the D doesn't know if you're going to run or pass. Against the Chargers, they always know. They can blitz and stunt which makes it easier to get wins.

Yes, Lynn has to go but, unless Lynn is directing the play-calling, our OC needs some more time as a position coach before he calls plays at the NFL level.
                    they always know what Chargers are doing? If they knew Chargers would be getting shut out in almost every game

And here is the spin.
                    Even with the worst pass blocking oline in the game, the Chargers still have the 6th best passing attack in yards And 10th in TDs. Imagine how good it would be if they could block it better. Any credit to coaching for getting more out of this than than should.

Imagine how better defense would be if they had two healthy pass rushers.

This is a 2-13 team based on its offensive trench play and ability to pressure the opponent QB. But it is 6-9 because of the mitigation with run and screen game to slow down pass rush and make life a bit easier for the rookie QB.

The coaches are so many more levels better in their football IQ and game planning than fans like Chain. It actually quite absurd.
                    ​​​​​​​If I'm going to bet on any fans in this forum ideas on this team and it's roster and coaching. I'm betting on TPB people like Chargeroo and Ninja and Chilles and Boltjolt and Wud-dai. I'm ignoring all of Chainy advice because he would get my franchise QB wrecked.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Derwin James joins Herbert in supporting Lynn.

like I said yesterday, Lynn HC, Rex DC and Pep OC I. 2021

https://twitter.com/gacpodcast17/sta...969337349?s=21
                      Lynn2021
                      :salute:

Comment

• Lyth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

they always know what Chargers are doing? If they knew Chargers would be getting shut out in almost every game
                        We run on 1st and 2nd and pass on 3rd. Pretty easy to figure out, even for us pedestrian fans.

We've been bailed out by KA's ability to get open against anyone and JH's ability to get outside the pocket and complete passes on the run. Both are pretty amazing. We've seen what happens to a statue as a QB on an AL coached team. Rushed throws. INT's. Sacks. JH is making line play work that made Rivers look worse than he is.

It would be interesting to see what this group of players could do with better playcalling though. We do have a decent rank for as predictable as we are. Maybe they're not that bad and just set up to fail by the coaches. To be fair, the players change but we're always saying we have the worst line in the league. Scheme and playcalling.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

We run on 1st and 2nd and pass on 3rd. Pretty easy to figure out, even for us pedestrian fans.

We've been bailed out by KA's ability to get open against anyone and JH's ability to get outside the pocket and complete passes on the run. Both are pretty amazing. We've seen what happens to a statue as a QB on an AL coached team. Rushed throws. INT's. Sacks. JH is making line play work that made Rivers look worse than he is.

It would be interesting to see what this group of players could do with better playcalling though. We do have a decent rank for as predictable as we are. Maybe they're not that bad and just set up to fail by the coaches. To be fair, the players change but we're always saying we have the worst line in the league. Scheme and playcalling.
                          Nope we don't. Check the stats. We pass it more on 1st and 2nd down than you opinion thinks they do.

Comment

Working...
                          X