Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

"He's a great coach, one of the best coaches that I've ever had," Ramsey said. "I feel like he's a genius."

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        It’s a mistake to think he could come here and turn our defense into the Rams defense. They rushed 4 yesterday and sacked Wilson 5 times. After Donald went out with 2 sacks, Leonard Floyd and Brockets picked up the slack. Donald is better than Bosa and we don’t have anybody behind Bosa to pick up the slack.

by the way, Rams haven’t had a 1st round draft pick since 2016
        Can we get their GM in a package deal?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I don't know anything about Staley so I can't speak to his abilities. But before considering him I would want to know how good he was before he had Aaron Donald, because a player like Donald can make Gus Bradley look like a genius.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I don't know anything about Staley so I can't speak to his abilities. But before considering him I would want to know how good he was before he had Aaron Donald, because a player like Donald can make Gus Bradley look like a genius.
            Wade Phillips had Donald.... And Suh.
            Their defense sucked when Wade was their DC and were near last in rush defense yielding like 4.8 YPC with many of the same guys but some aren't there this year, like Littleton. Joyner has been gone for two years now and Talib retired.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

So many connections to John Carroll University. Sounds like a great coach. Jalen Ramsey isn’t easy to impress.
              Defenses that take advantage of strengths. He can come here, all the way to the other side of SoFi.
              We can have a "Staley draft," build around Bosa and a healthy (fingers crossed) Derwin. JCarrol home of TT. Hmmm.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

As I said earlier, a bit concerned about his lack of his experience.

But I love that he's called "The McVay of Defense"...

This is a big swing type hire.

Big Swings can be home runs, and they can also be strikeouts.

I'll certainly support him if hired.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

I will end up supporting anybody - hell I have for 40 years now

At least he or Saleh would be first times from the defensive world - that would be a welcome change if the person has limited experience compared to others.

Comment

• CTrout
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
                    "He's a great coach, one of the best coaches that I've ever had," Ramsey said. "I feel like he's a genius."
                    Well...Ramsey was the one who told us that Bradley's D was boring and did the same thing over and over....

sooo...maybe he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

It’s a mistake to think he could come here and turn our defense into the Rams defense. They rushed 4 yesterday and sacked Wilson 5 times. After Donald went out with 2 sacks, Leonard Floyd and Brockets picked up the slack. Donald is better than Bosa and we don’t have anybody behind Bosa to pick up the slack.

by the way, Rams haven’t had a 1st round draft pick since 2016
                      He won't turn them into Rams.
                      But he should get more out of players like Bosa.
                      As he seems to intentionally scheme ways to get Donald into 1 on 1 matchups. He would do the same for Bosa. Gus Bradley schemed less and just lined up...thinking if they double Bosa, someone else has 1 on 1 and needs to win.
                      Staley apparently would prefer to mix and match things up to get Bosa into more 1 on 1 matchups so he can make more plays.
                      If Staley is finding ways to slow down Russell Wilson.
                      Can he find ways to slow down Mahomes?

​​​​​​Also, since Staley played QB at Dayton, there is more to him than just being Defense coordinator. He knows what it like to face a pass rush and make on time on target throws even if it was just college, he was a mobile QB who hurt you with both pass and rush. He was 4 time all academic list during his college years.
                      JH10 is a mobile QB who was acedemic all american.
                      ​​​​​​
                      If I'm Spanos and Telesco. This is the guy to bet on.

Staley/Herbert
                      Two nerds who love football.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

He won't turn them into Rams.
                        But he should get more out of players like Bosa.
                        As he seems to intentionally scheme ways to get Donald into 1 on 1 matchups. He would do the same for Bosa. Gus Bradley schemed less and just lined up...thinking if they double Bosa, someone else has 1 on 1 and needs to win.
                        Staley apparently would prefer to mix and match things up to get Bosa into more 1 on 1 matchups so he can make more plays.
                        If Staley is finding ways to slow down Russell Wilson.
                        Can he find ways to slow down Mahomes?

​​​​​​Also, since Staley played QB at Dayton, there is more to him than just being Defense coordinator. He knows what it like to face a pass rush and make on time on target throws even if it was just college, he was a mobile QB who hurt you with both pass and rush. He was 4 time all academic list during his college years.
                        JH10 is a mobile QB who was acedemic all american.
                        ​​​​​​
                        If I'm Spanos and Telesco. This is the guy to bet on.

Staley/Herbert
                        Two nerds who love football.
                        Bosa is not Donald and the rest of the rams DL is way way better than the rest of Chargers DL......plus they have much better CB's...... Donald is a DT so his pass rush comes up the middle where it gets to QB's quicker and causes far more disruption than an outside rusher does.....

This guy may be a great DC, but his defense is loaded with far better personnel ......so it's really hard to judge(though he is obviously better than Wade)..... the bigger question is what kind of offense will he run...... 90% of DC's turned HC, shut the offenses down to slow pedestrian offenses designed to just not make mistakes...... before the 49ers hired Shannahan and after Harbaugh they went through some really great DC's turned HC's that made the 49ers offense absolutely horrible..... boring..... it went got nothing or went backward on most possessions...... so bad it made their fans want to bang their heads into walls.....

Dabol is a better choice for HC...... but he needs to hire a very aggressive DC to attack QB's.....

Though I will say I prefer the rams DC or 49ers DC over the colts DC.....if we end up hiring a DC as HC.....

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

After Lynn I'd take a surprise Bunt that gets us to first base. LOL!

:More Q Please:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X