• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

I didn't realize (I just read it) that James Conner was unsigned a month into free agency and at that point he was taking whatever offer he could get when Ariz finally came through with a deal - 1.75 mil for one year. Conner is now second to Jonathon Taylor in rushing TDs with 12, and third in total TDs with 13, one behind No. 2 Austin Ekeler. I don't understand why Telesco and Staley would not have been interested in Conner. Kelley was a rookie bust, Jackson was an injury bust, and they weren't targeting an RB in the first two days of the draft. Conner had averaged 4.3 yds per carry with the Steelers. He didn't play much as a rookie, but in his final three years in Pitt he scored 22 TDs and was a Pro Bowler in his 2nd season. It seems to me he would have made a good compliment to Ekeler. It's true they are alike in that they both have a nose for the end zone - nothing wrong with that - but Conner is a different kind of back than Ekeler, at 6-1 and +230 lbs he is a load. He could have added a power dimension to the running attack that presents a different problem for defenses than Ekeler presents. With a balanced running game, it would take the pressure off of Herbert. I don't understand why Telesco/Staley would not be more aggressive to fix an area of the offense that has been lacking since Melvin Gordon's departure.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      I didn't realize (I just read it) that James Conner was unsigned a month into free agency and at that point he was taking whatever offer he could get when Ariz finally came through with a deal - 1.75 mil for one year. Conner is now second to Jonathon Taylor in rushing TDs with 12, and third in total TDs with 13, one behind No. 2 Austin Ekeler. I don't understand why Telesco and Staley would not have been interested in Conner. Kelley was a rookie bust, Jackson was an injury bust, and they weren't targeting an RB in the first two days of the draft. Conner had averaged 4.3 yds per carry with the Steelers. He didn't play much as a rookie, but in his final three years in Pitt he scored 22 TDs and was a Pro Bowler in his 2nd season. It seems to me he would have made a good compliment to Ekeler. It's true they are alike in that they both have a nose for the end zone - nothing wrong with that - but Conner is a different kind of back than Ekeler, at 6-1 and +230 lbs he is a load. He could have added a power dimension to the running attack that presents a different problem for defenses than Ekeler presents. With a balanced running game, it would take the pressure off of Herbert. I don't understand why Telesco/Staley would not be more aggressive to fix an area of the offense that has been lacking since Melvin Gordon's departure.
      Would have been a great compliment to Ekeler

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

The Spanii need money for the relocation fee. Cheap trumps talent around here.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          More short throws should fix the problem.
          So keep doing what we’ve been doing?

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

The Spanii need money for the relocation fee. Cheap trumps talent around here.
            Salary cap has nothing to do with relocation fee.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Salary cap has nothing to do with relocation fee.
              Cash does...

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Kind of makes you wonder if they know what they are doing, doesn't it?
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You practice like you play. This isn't said enough.

If the drops are in games-only, it's fair to ask the skill players where their heads are at. To come into the game and drop balls is a trademark of Chargers depth this season.
                  Coaches aren’t allowed to make players practice anymore. NFLPA.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Cash does...
                    If that was the case, then explain all the previous years they spent all of the salary cap cash. Like I said, it’s not related. And I doubt the relocation fee is an issue since it’s spread over 30 years now.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I thought this was amusing. The fighting Irish lose out to FSU.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Wow...one more reason to fire TT...just not getting it done...Rountree is a prospect, not too impressive so far...Kelley is just a guy...not too impressive so far...JJ is talented but injured so often he's nearly useless...we could have used someone like Connor...wow, just...wow...meanwhile, poor Ekkie is getting beat up carrying the load for the other deadbeats...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          I thought this was amusing. The fighting Irish lose out to FSU.
                          There it is...TT's love for Golden Domers is evident for all to see...

Comment

Working...
                          X