• richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    There are politics in every work environment
    Give Staley time to caress egos
    step 1 is earning that trust and respect that granted, should come with your hiring initially, but that's hardly ever the case anywhere
    Staley is earning that now with the Spanos clan and Telesco, next season will be a lot more telling of Staley's personnel decisions
    I know it hurts to wait that long for some of y'all haha
    But patience is vital
    Or we can all just be over-reacting to every win or loss
    We will all over-react after every win or loss because that is what fans do!

To me, it is painfully obvious that we do not have the horses to run the D that Staley is trying to implement. Last offseason was about solidifying the line and that was 4/5ths complete. Unfortunately we lost Aboushi to injury and relying Bulaga to contribute clearly did not work. Next year needs to be about giving Staley a lot more help on the D, along with tweaks to the O (new RT,/WR/RB and depth).

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

To me, it is painfully obvious that we do not have the horses to run the D that Staley is trying to implement. Last offseason was about solidifying the line and that was 4/5ths complete. Unfortunately we lost Aboushi to injury and relying Bulaga to contribute clearly did not work. Next year needs to be about giving Staley a lot more help on the D, along with tweaks to the O (new RT,/WR/RB and depth).
      The defense was better last season under Gus D. Without Derwin. That’s all you need to know.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

NO doubt last year was OLine heavy, and rightfully so

This offseason is everything you said - and the team has much more money to work with. Decent number of draft picks

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The defense was better last season under Gus D. Without Derwin. That’s all you need to know.
          What's your thought when you say that? Do you propose to fire Staley and his crew?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

The defense folded like a lawn chair in the 2nd half under Bradley last year...until the final 4 games.
            This year, they've made a few stops in crunch time....just not lately.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That seems about right....Denver is pretty much eliminated (every game is no longer a playoff game for them from now on),
              and the Raiders are the Raiders.

I'm totally incurious as to what the other teams need to do....the Chargers really shit in their pants yesterday.
              So, the hot girl still wants to go out with them? Who cares.
              I just saw that ny times says we have an 85% chance to make it if we win our last two games.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

If so, only to face KC again but this time @ full strength

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

What's your thought when you say that? Do you propose to fire Staley and his crew?
                  I’m saying he is not delivering on what we all thought he would. Huge disappointment. The Chargers will never fire him after one year but I would tell him he better look for an experienced DC for next season

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I’m saying he is not delivering on what we all thought he would. Huge disappointment. The Chargers will never fire him after one year but I would tell him he better look for an experienced DC for next season
                    This?!?!?! This guy is so green as a coordinator that he really needs a few more years working under an experienced coordinator. I think single handedly he lost our season with poor scheming and poor training. Rushing four mediocre lineman all game long against the Texans is pure idiocy.

:facepalm1:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      I know it hurts to wait that long for some of y'all haha
                      But patience is vital
                      Or we can all just be over-reacting to every win or loss
                      There are fans that have been waiting for 30+ years to see this team win a ring…so no I don’t think you can call Chargers fans impatient.

9 years for Telesco. If nothing has changed in 9 years under Telesco what makes you think his 10th yr will suddenly be great?

This isn’t about Staley, you have to look at what’s constant here and that’s Telesco.

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Over-reacting to every win or loss is normal here, even among the "calm"
                      Losing to the Texans with playoffs on the line isn’t just any loss.

And this isn’t just one off loss either. After starting 4-1, the Chargers have now lost what 6 of the next 9 or something?

We shouldn’t only have to wait till the season is over to react to these shitty performances that the Chargers have been putting in week in and week out…especially against god awful teams.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This?!?!?! This guy is so green as a coordinator that he really needs a few more years working under an experienced coordinator. I think single handedly he lost our season with poor scheming and poor training. Rushing four mediocre lineman all game long against the Texans is pure idiocy.

:facepalm1:
                        I think the thing that we as fans are forgetting is that this young team is in its first year with the offense and defense. The guys on D have gone from a basic 4-3 to a complicated 3-4. It takes a while to really get it to where they are playing fast. Then add in we have no depth (thanks TT) and the complicated defense looks terrible on TV. Then add the elevated expectations that a 4-1 start gave us and it is really frustrating.

I know as Charger fans we have had "wait till next year" beaten into us ad nauseum but I think we will see a way better defense next year with some new players and guys with a full year under their belts in this system.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think the thing that we as fans are forgetting is that this young team is in its first year with the offense and defense. The guys on D have gone from a basic 4-3 to a complicated 3-4. It takes a while to really get it to where they are playing fast. Then add in we have no depth (thanks TT) and the complicated defense looks terrible on TV. Then add the elevated expectations that a 4-1 start gave us and it is really frustrating.

I know as Charger fans we have had "wait till next year" beaten into us ad nauseum but I think we will see a way better defense next year with some new players and guys with a full year under their belts in this system.
                          We sucked all year on defense except for a couple of games where we played average. I see no originality or good training with subpar tackling and zero focus. Some people can train and coach and some people can't. It's unfortunate that he has been saddled with a lot of young players on defense but so what. I think we would have had drastically better results with an experienced defensive coordinator. For sure better instructions in the latter part of the game where it really counts for a win or loss is huge. The only bright spot on defense this year is Rumph.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X