• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think my ideal OL is very similar to yours in fact. Linsley and Feiler in FA; I am also looking at players like Good or possibly Austin Blythe at C if Linsley goes back to GB, Would like Slater for LT but R2 options like Little or possibly Eichenberg make sense. And your idea about AVT makes a lot of sense too as he can slide to RT in year

I think I want two players for one Thuney so to speak. Good solid players. The Chargers OL was so bad - - I think its better to get more good players than maybe one better player.
    Thuney NEVER missed a game in FIVE YEARS...I'm banging the table for this dude again...

THUNEY

THUNEY

THUNEY

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Hmmm....2 rookies side by side on the left makes me nervous...though AVT and Little would be a great haul...

I like this....

Little----Thuney----Humphry----Tevi----------Bulaga
      Tevi-----Feeney----Feeney.......K.Greene...Tevi

Pipkens additional T depth, Hainsey out of ND as interior depth. Green is one option, Meinerz another...want both of them, but then you are using 4 of your first 5 picks on oline...might be a stretch, considering some other positions we could address...

I like Tevi as a team player, and I have always wanted to try him at Guard...can't be worse than what we had there last year, and as a versatile swing tackle, huge value keeping on the team...maybe a youngin beats him out eventually, but even then he will have value...Feeney also a good teammate who can provide versatile depth to the interior.

But my biggest point here? Put a savvy vet at LG next to your rookie LT, and you have a recipe for that rookie's success.
      I like everything you’re saying. Hainsey, Green, and Meinerz are some of my favorite prospects in the draft. However, I think Tevi is the only FA on the OL we resign. He will definitely compete with a rookie for the LT spot, but I’d love to try him at guard, as well. Feeney, on the other hand, along with Lamp, needs to go.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Thuney NEVER missed a game in FIVE YEARS...I'm banging the table for this dude again...

THUNEY

THUNEY

THUNEY
        Again, if the Chargers sign Thuney - I think its a positive signing. But I see more needs than LG. I see needs at CB (two, Mike Davis and replace Harris or Hayward as I am personally waiving one of the CH's at CB), added depth at OL, more depth at DL and also Special Teams (and that is from free agency, not expensive but still , not the draft). Granted, if you tell me Mike Williams or Hunter Henry are not back and they use those funds for Thuney - alrighty than! Giddyup and LFG!!!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Again, if the Chargers sign Thuney - I think its a positive signing. But I see more needs than LG. I see needs at CB (two, Mike Davis and replace Harris or Hayward as I am personally waiving one of the CH's at CB), added depth at OL, more depth at DL and also Special Teams (and that is from free agency, not expensive but still , not the draft). Granted, if you tell me Mike Williams or Hunter Henry are not back and they use those funds for Thuney - alrighty than! Giddyup and LFG!!!
          Signing Thuney lessens the pressure to draft a G...with Thuney in the Bolt fold, now, the Bolts can draft OT and C...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Signing Thuney lessens the pressure to draft a G...with Thuney in the Bolt fold, now, the Bolts can draft OT and C...
            That makes a lot of sense. There is still RG to worry about but maybe you can get a guy like Warford on the cheap for RT. And truly, the Chargers can waive Turner, give that 11.5m to Thuney as a cap hit; sign MW or HH long term and probably still get a guy like Warford or Easton for RG.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

That makes a lot of sense. There is still RG to worry about but maybe you can get a guy like Warford on the cheap for RT. And truly, the Chargers can waive Turner, give that 11.5m to Thuney as a cap hit; sign MW or HH long term and probably still get a guy like Warford or Easton for RG.
              Yep...with all the FA's hitting the market, plus all the salary cap casualties being cut, there should be a glut of players available...and the Bolts being in good cap shape should be able to find upgrades to Turner, Lamp, Feeney and Pip...Tevi is possible to keep, at least for depth...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Yep...with all the FA's hitting the market, plus all the salary cap casualties being cut, there should be a glut of players available...and the Bolts being in good cap shape should be able to find upgrades to Turner, Lamp, Feeney and Pip...Tevi is possible to keep, at least for depth...
                I am ready to see what decisions Telesco/Staley make with respect to the franchise tag for Hunter Henry; Mike Williams - can they get him signed long term - what players they release besides Trai Turner? What players they bring back or let test the market

Than free agency. But understandable with the cap not being announced, there aren't more free agents yet on the market.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

From Fansided..

The Chargers should’ve also learned a lesson from their big offseason O-Line moves in 2020. Grabbing Turner and Bulaga was not necessarily a mistake at the time, but what was a mistake was not using any 2020 draft capital on the offensive line.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Note: JJ III played FS in 2020.
                    LAR even tried to make it look like he was playing Single High.
                    Taylor Rapp and especially Jordan Fuller, even Terrell Burgess, played SS.
                    Most significantly, JJ III will play the identical role with LAC as with LAR.
                    ​​​​​​YOUR Rayshawn will never get the Green Dot.
                    It's not gonna happen.
                    Don't be sad.
                    Derwin gets no Green Dot either.
                    I reached the same conclusion. I am of the belief that when Coach Staley finishes his tape evaluation, Staley will make a roster move at FS. Two reasons. Staley values safeties and DL-play in his scheme, above all other positions, and John Johnson is a perfect-fit for the two-high safety zone and disguising their coverages, post-snap. I'm not sayin Rayshawn Jenkins can't do it, I'm instead implying that JJIII will perform the job at a much higher level. Still have use for Rayshawn at Dime packages.

It's a clear upgrade, as I project the 2020 Rams' defense, a very progressive defensive scheme, onto the 2021 Charger roster.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Tampa Bay ran two-high safety concepts 89% in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I reached the same conclusion. I am of the belief that when Coach Staley finishes his tape evaluation, Staley will make a roster move at FS. Two reasons. Staley values safeties and DL-play in his scheme, above all other positions, and John Johnson is a perfect-fit for the two-high safety zone and disguising their coverages, post-snap. I'm not sayin Rayshawn Jenkins can't do it, I'm instead implying that JJIII will perform the job at a much higher level. Still have use for Rayshawn at Dime packages.

It's a clear upgrade, as I project the 2020 Rams' defense, a very progressive defensive scheme, onto the 2021 Charger roster.

ghost gets it.
                        I'll just put this here.
                        Jeremiah's updated Top 50
                        has Moehrig at #16 overall.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

What’s the estimated price/cap difference between resigning RJ and signing JJ3 as an UFA?
                          I’m leaning towards the opinion that defensive geniuses need to work with less sometimes
                          especially when you need to replace or resign 4 of 5 OL
                          and likely all start 5 by 2022
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X