• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I can see us trading down and getting Belicheat’s 3rd to swap 1sts.
    I think I am only leaving 13 if Slater is off the board as probably can get AVT at 15.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

good trade for Arizona
      surprised the Raiders got a 3rd for a guy they were going to release
      AZ OL coach wanted him and they need a OC bad is what I read. AZ got a 7th back

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I strongly disagree. Butler 1st two picks in 2002
        Tomlinson and Brees. And added Marty.
        The following year Butler passed away less than a month before the 2003 draft. Smith traded back from 15 to 30 and draft Sammy Davis. Butler would have simply drafted Troy Polamolu because he was that good at his job. And I believe it was Butler who did his homework prior to the 2003 draft and was really interested in Antonio Gates out of Kent State who Chargers got as a UDFA in 2003. They also add Kris Dielman as udfa in 2003. And Marty switch him to other side of the ball.

What could have been if Butler remained?
        Who knows. I just knew that our cap situation wasn’t right until AJ took over. And that the cap problem was an ongoing thing with Butler going back to his Buffalo days. Also LT and Brees were 2001, while 2002 was Jammer.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think it is actually still possible - just the leverage the Chargers have had diminishes.

Chargers do not need his cap space as much for this year. If he stays healthy, hopefully he puts up good numbers.
          Until we get a reasonable extension, the MW 5th year option is still my main pet peeve this offseason so far.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Sometime in July is the deadline or is that just for franchise tags?
              Not sure. This is Popper telling people like me to relax. But I want my instant gratification gosh dangit!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                Best social media team in the NFL?
                damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Until we get a reasonable extension, the MW 5th year option is still my main pet peeve this offseason so far.
                  Not taking into the incredible shrinking WR market so far in free agency - my thing is this of why I wanted a long term deal

1) if he is counting for $16m against the cap - the Chargers could front load the cap to take more this year to help future years
                  or

2) if they needed the cap space -extend him to lower the cap. And I thought with signing Hunter Henry - they would need the cap space. They actually don't

For Mike Williams to give up $15.7m guaranteed - it was going to take like 4/50 with 30m guaranteed. So I get him from his point of view totally. And now that the team really doesn't need the cap space - see how it plays how

Poppers other tweet made it seem like an extension is possible - I just don't know what player is worth it at this time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

His seems to be worth the 15.6 cap hit to Telesco. Idk, I figured HH was worth keeping that I guess they value MW more.

Can't worry about it. What's done is done, til it isn't and an extension comes about. I won't lose sleep over it though. We have space.
                    They can still sign a guy or two at a lower their but I've no fucking idea why they are thinking of signing Gurley?

He isn't himself and just draft a RB early.
                    We'll see how things turn out.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      His seems to be worth the 15.6 cap hit to Telesco. Idk, I figured HH was worth keeping that I guess they value MW more.

Can't worry about it. What's done is done, til it isn't.
                      They can still sign a guy or two at a lower their but I've no fucking idea why they are thinking of signing Gurley?

He isn't himself and just draft a RB early.
                      We'll see how things turn out.
                      I have not seen one reputable rumor about Gurley to the Chargers unless its that NFLRumors guy who also thought the Chargers would cut Linval Joseph. (Granted the Chargers have until I think Friday for Joseph and Harris when they get their $2m bonus - which essentially ties them to the team for 2021)

As for the Chargers - they probably have the cap space to sign, and it all depends on cost but 3 if not 4 players to decent contracts. And of course other players to the veteran minimum

Telesco is far from done.

Comment

• BoltingUP
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Send PM

I hope Popper is right about a MW extension, but once a player is guaranteed 15+ million a year, that usually becomes the starting point for the agent...not an optional number.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Clearly the team really likes MW and (apparently) values him higher than most on this board do. But if they like him so much, why not extend him to lower his cap number this year? If they aren't sold on him as a long term solution and don't want to extend him, how can they possibly justify paying him as a top 10 WR in the league at the expense of filling another hole or two on the roster? I like Mike, but he isn't close to that good and don't get the team's strategy with him.

A question on how the 5th year option works since his $15+ is now guaranteed - if we extend him now that his money is all guaranteed, can we lower his cap number this year?

Comment

Working...
                          X