• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

At 13, I’d rather go with the best edge, CB, TE or LB rather than the 3rd best OT.
    Edge, CB, TE, and LB can all be had in rounds 2-5.
    If you wait on LT until the 2nd round, you could be looking at the 10th best OT.

Here's a list of teams looking for OT:

Bengals (if not in the 1st, then the 2nd round)
    Dolphins (two 1st rounders and one 2nd rounder)
    Panthers (possible 2nd rounder)
    Giants (possible 2nd rounder)
    Vikings
    WFT
    Bears
    Colts
    Titans
    NYJ (#23,#34)
    Pittsburgh
    KC

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Edge, CB, TE, and LB can all be had in rounds 2-5.
      If you wait on LT until the 2nd round, you could be looking at the 10th best OT.

Here's a list of teams looking for OT:

Bengals (if not in the 1st, then the 2nd round)
      Dolphins (two 1st rounders and one 2nd rounder)
      Panthers (possible 2nd rounder)
      Giants (possible 2nd rounder)
      Vikings
      WFT
      Bears
      Colts
      Titans
      NYJ (#23,#34)
      Pittsburgh
      KC
      OL guys are never satisfied. It’s not enough that they invested heavily in FA OL. Top pick has to be used as well. This thinking got us Fluker

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

OL guys are never satisfied. It’s not enough that they invested heavily in FA OL. Top pick has to be used as well. This thinking got us Fluker
        And the "I like shiny new toys" guys got us Jerry Tillery, Nasir Adderly, and Trey Pipkins...

Who's your 9th best OT... and are you happy with that guarding the franchise...?

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I got Slater/Darrisaw/Cosmi...

Who you got...?

Then i have CB Asante Samuels in the 2nd.
          LB Pete Werner in the 3rd
          OLB Elerson Smith in the 3rd
          Safety Caden Sterns in the 4th....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

I'm pretty sure if you offered any GM 3 1st round picks you could trade for any WR or TE in the league easily, heck probably 2 1sts gets it done for 99% of them. The 49ers only traded up that much to get a QB. Now the Jets could be stupid and not take a QB but knowing the price Miami got, they are either taking one as well or trading down. So the first 3 picks are almost certainly QBs, number 4 is a question though.
            I am not sure we understand how good Pitts and Chase are.

With these rules ?
            Double teams not enough.
            Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-04-2021, 02:27 AM.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And the "I like shiny new toys" guys got us Jerry Tillery, Nasir Adderly, and Trey Pipkins...

Who's your 9th best OT... and are you happy with that guarding the franchise...?
              TT reached on Tillery. Adderley seemed like good value in round 2 at the time...we'll see if he works out better in the split FS field better than the pathetic Gus D...TT also reached on Pip...this year will be key to find out if they've been coached up improperly or if they're busts...

Comment

• eaterfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Can we stop acting like the OL guys are never satisfied. This OL was the WORST in the NFL last year. Yeah, we spent in FA, but it had by far the worst hole in the roster. We were 9th in opponents passing yards per play last year and 6th in 2009. Also, we still have no LT, the most important position on the line and the RT position is probably open next year. It's in much the same position as the CB room. We have an outside corner and a slot guy who is probably going to be gone after next year. LT is just a more important position than CB. We have a young QB and protecting him is the single most important thing this franchise can do. Keeping Herbert from becoming injured or jumpy like David Carr and Andrew Luck is the key for the next decade plus. Even if it wasn't, it's far easier to draft a CB in the future than a LT. And if that weren't the case, it's easier to sign a CB in FA than a LT. LTs are so valuable it's incredibly hard to get one.

The Jaguars franchise tagged Cam Robinson. That's all you need to know about how hard it is to find a good one. You'll overpay just to keep a below average but serviceable one.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Everybody has busts, just less likely in the first, but that happens all the time, if you reach for need or just fall in love with a prospect.

Three things should help Telesco figure out his priorities, one being, protecting Herbert. Two Brandon Staley. Three it’s a deep OL class.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am not sure we understand how good Pitts and Chase are.

With these rules ?
                    Double teams not enough.
                    Pitts would be an exception to my LT-first draft plan. No way he gets close to 13 so I’m not working on plan b yet. But I would take Pitts if he were there, and figure out what to do about LT next.

Chase - not as sure he’s not just your garden variety top level pro bowl WR, vs a generational once a decade player. His tape to me looks like any of a dozen great NFL WRs currently playing and while I’d love to have him, I’d rather have my anchor LT that will make 4 WRs, and TEs, ... and RBs, all instantly “better”.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Can we stop acting like the OL guys are never satisfied. This OL was the WORST in the NFL last year. Yeah, we spent in FA, but it had by far the worst hole in the roster. We were 9th in opponents passing yards per play last year and 6th in 2009. Also, we still have no LT, the most important position on the line and the RT position is probably open next year. It's in much the same position as the CB room. We have an outside corner and a slot guy who is probably going to be gone after next year. LT is just a more important position than CB. We have a young QB and protecting him is the single most important thing this franchise can do. Keeping Herbert from becoming injured or jumpy like David Carr and Andrew Luck is the key for the next decade plus. Even if it wasn't, it's far easier to draft a CB in the future than a LT. And if that weren't the case, it's easier to sign a CB in FA than a LT. LTs are so valuable it's incredibly hard to get one.

The Jaguars franchise tagged Cam Robinson. That's all you need to know about how hard it is to find a good one. You'll overpay just to keep a below average but serviceable one.
                      Worth quoting again
                      LT = greatest position of need, value, difficulty to attain
                      we are in prime position to draft a premier prospect at 13, or trade up for a generation one.
                      OL work done in FA was out of 100% necessity, quite literally.
                      been saying for months, LT at 13 or bust.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

We heavily invested in OL in FA last year as well. It wasn’t enough.
                        Edit: I should say that I understand the flip side of the argument since I would prefer Surtain or Horn at 13 than Darrisaw or Cosmi. But I know why Boltnut prefers a LT in the first round.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT reached on Tillery. Adderley seemed like good value in round 2 at the time...we'll see if he works out better in the split FS field better than the pathetic Gus D...TT also reached on Pip...this year will be key to find out if they've been coached up improperly or if they're busts...
                          The number of good Telesco drafts seems to be narrowing by the year.

He's a sub 500 GM despite having the advantage of very good quarterback play over his time here.

Hopefully, the current coaching staff can help out.

Comment

Working...
                          X