• Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Ekeler...speed.
      Guyton...speed.
      MWilliams...makes plays downfield.
      Parham...makes plays downfield.
      Everyone knows only 40 times count on the football field, it’s what makes Keenan such a subpar WR1.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2020
        • Send PM

You know what makes me grumpy? That the Chargers' talent base is so low and so poor, that cutting T-Billy is viewed as an issue. The three mentioned here -- Kelley, Pipkins, and Hill -- along with Johnson, Stick, McKitty, Facyson, and a few others really do not belong on this team. It just, again, reflects on the poor work done by Telesco and his staff over the last few years in finding and building a true talent base.

I've refrained from saying this, but this is a transition year. This team might get close to the playoffs, but this is a two year project. This team needs to improve its talent and needs another draft -- with Staley and his coaches making recommendations -- to do so. Next year, Herbert will be incorporated in this offense, and the team will hopefully have a deeper talent base to be successful. This team should be good enough and stacked enough where cutting a T-Billy is the norm, not a surprise.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Ekeler...speed.
          Guyton...speed.
          MWilliams...makes plays downfield.
          Parham...makes plays downfield.
          MW and parham are medium speed guys who have size to go up high and out jump defenders for the ball....
          Ekler is more quick than fast.....
          Guyton is ONLY guy on offense with break away speed....
          Speed kills.... We need at least one other WR as fast or faster than Guyton..... so we can go 5 wide and in case of injuries...etc....

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Absolutely stunned how KJ Hill makes the team over Tyron Johnson. Flabbergasted actually. That's the only real surprise for me.
            As surprising as that was for me, too, Pipkins is by far the most stunning to me. He has no business being on a football field.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Thicc.
              Explosive.
              Meet the new Forrest.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                You know what makes me grumpy? That the Chargers' talent base is so low and so poor, that cutting T-Billy is viewed as an issue. The three mentioned here -- Kelley, Pipkins, and Hill -- along with Johnson, Stick, McKitty, Facyson, and a few others really do not belong on this team. It just, again, reflects on the poor work done by Telesco and his staff over the last few years in finding and building a true talent base.

I've refrained from saying this, but this is a transition year. This team might get close to the playoffs, but this is a two year project. This team needs to improve its talent and needs another draft -- with Staley and his coaches making recommendations -- to do so. Next year, Herbert will be incorporated in this offense, and the team will hopefully have a deeper talent base to be successful. This team should be good enough and stacked enough where cutting a T-Billy is the norm, not a surprise.
                Right there in bold.

I'm kinda with you, this is a two-year project. But as I glance over this roster, this is really gonna be a reality check for some folks here regarding this season. Playoffs? Unless this coach is another Boss Ross, I don't see us even coming close. I just want to see some progress.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I said all along Pipkins would make the team. They didn't have anyone on the team to take that spot. They may find one from other teams cuts but until then, Pip is on the team.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How does it make the Palmer pick worse - he is probably the third best WR on the roster. Doesn't it make it more of a need if Johnson didn't make the roster to have Palmer.
                    Palmer is just chaincrusher's player to hate. We all have one; Palmer is his.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

Right. The Chargers don't win that game against the Raiders later in the year without T-Billy and the routes he run. I remain confused, other than I agree, it must be some character issue.
                      The New Orleans (& Charger) offense want receivers to be exactly in the right position.
                      I would guess T-Billy wasn't running precision routes and didn't know where to be too often.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Everyone knows only 40 times count on the football field, it’s what makes Keenan such a subpar WR1.
                        The more speed on the field spreads defense out, and opens things up for great route runners like KA...... also gives him single coverage which he eats up.......

Remove speed, and field gets smaller with DB's much closer to KA, MW, EK..... etc......

receivers with quickness and speed also get open quicker..... which helps the OL and QB....

a strong armed QB like Herbie can fire a bullet into smaller openings.......less time in air...less time for defense to react....

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Let’s see if Johnson gets signed by another team.

Also Jackson back at practice today, hopefully he and Rountree can split spelling Ekeler, and Kelley can be our covid RB, only used if absolutely necessary.

Comment

Working...
                          X