• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Short of MW putting up 8 or 9 catch games with big yardage and loads of TD's the rest of the way, writing is on the wall.
    They didn't waste a 3rd on Palmer to spend another $15 milion to keep a guy in front of him.
    I’m not sure waste is the right word to use there. He’s looked good the last two games.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’m not sure waste is the right word to use there. He’s looked good the last two games.
      Also he has the right attitude. It is never bad when a WR stays after practice to get additional reps with QB1. I think Guyton is the same so kudos to those two.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I like Palmer’s hands too. They look strong and sure.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

No....it only becomes a wasted pick SHOULD the Bolts pay MW loads of money, which then relegates Palmer to the 4th receiver that he currently is.
          Palmer's currently on pace for around 20 catches, 200+ yards, and a few TD's....or about half the yardage Johnson had as our 4th receiver last year.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

No....it only becomes a wasted pick SHOULD the Bolts pay MW loads of money, which then relegates Palmer to the 4th receiver that he currently is.
            Palmer's currently on pace for around 20 catches, 200+ yards, and a few TD's....or about half the yardage Johnson had as our 4th receiver last year.
            I have maintained that the Bolts drafted Palmer to have him groomed and in place in case they can't work out a deal to extend Mike Will...I sure hope they can, but MW is gonna want MEGABANK after this season...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

FWIW, the PFF grades for the Bolts are out on the Eagles game. Norton actually didn't make the bottom five this time, so that's an improvement...unfortunately, both Kelley and Rountree DID make the bottom 5...just not impressed with either one...I say dump them both at the end of the season and pick up two REAL running backs--one in the draft and a solid FA...

pff offense eagles.JPG

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

I think Mike Williams will sign elsewhere in the offseason. At least that's my gut feel right now. Tying up $15M+ per season or thereabouts along with Keenan's large contract at the WR position isn't where the team will go moving forward. I'd rather put that salary into a stud D-lineman and bring in a lower salaried WR. We'll see in 4 months.
                I do see them possibly not resigning Mike Williams (although the develop and sign your own mantra is wearing a bit thin).

I do not see Telesco turn around and throw it at one 'stud' Dlineman (he'll be very cautious - again). I don't even know if there will be one available.

Half broken former studs seeking half the amount, yes!

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The last few games of last season was when Johnson got almost all his receptions and that was when both Keenan Allen and Mike Williams were out of the lineup. IIRC HH was out as well.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I confess I don't really know about Joseph. I just know the run defense is bad and he is a starting interior DL. He is not under contract for next season and he's going to be 34.
                    He lead the team in tackles yesterday. Where in the hell are the linebackers?

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That's what I've been saying. We need a LB that's a thumper - a guy like Butkus. If we had a LB as good at playing LB as Linval is at playing his position, we'd be really good. Every team we play will take advantage of our late-arriving LB's. Our LB's are making the tackle after a five yard gain ~ too late!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The LBs didn’t have to do any tackling since they couldn’t get passed Joseph :biggrin:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That's what I've been saying. We need a LB that's a thumper - a guy like Butkus. If we had a LB as good at playing LB as Linval is at playing his position, we'd be really good. Every team we play will take advantage of our late-arriving LB's. Our LB's are making the tackle after a five yard gain ~ too late!
                          Roo you’re being too hard on the boys.

Pats - 39/142 = 3.64 YPC
                          Eagles - 40/176 = 4.4 YPC. Hurts 10/62 = 6.2 YPC. Non-QB - 30/114 = 3.8 YPC.

We’ve been pretty good last couple of weeks.
                          No one is like Butkus but Dick was as big/bigger than half of the IOL guys he faced.
                          K9 and Kyzir both big for today’s ILB and make impact tackles.
                          It’s all coming together.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X