• Sep 2019
    • Send PM

so got worked by the Pats and also injured Herbert

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I can sum up a lot of our problems with this...

gusD vs StaleyD.

Different skill sets are mandatory.

Also the Lamp/Feeney fail, especially including Lamp's knee injury, set us back big time.

Personally, my version of bold will be parlaying all these extra picks into trading up for select difference makers.

These games are so close. The greatest players make plays, time and time again, mostly in crunch time.

It can be an EDGE like Aidan Hutchinson. An RB #1B like Isaiah Spiller. Even an OG like Kenyon Green. We need a couple more.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Pressure coming from the right. Not surprised at all.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          I can sum up a lot of our problems with this...

gusD vs StaleyD.

Different skill sets are mandatory.

Also the Lamp/Feeney fail, especially including Lamp's knee injury, set us back big time.

Personally, my version of bold will be parlaying all these extra picks into trading up for select difference makers.

These games are so close. The greatest players make plays, time and time again, mostly in crunch time.

It can be an EDGE like Aidan Hutchinson. An RB #1B like Isaiah Spiller. Even an OG like Kenyon Green. We need a couple more.
          Second all of that!

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Insult to injury. Or it the other way around.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s too early to judge Staley but I feel like we’re trending in the right direction with him. Our injuries are much better this year than the last two years. It’s because Staley understands sports science, analytics, and the holistic approach ie. his use of yoga before we practice.

I also think you’re remembering Butler too fondly. The guy wreck the Bills before he left for SD, and he wrecked our cap situation when he was here also. His draft picks and FA signings were also awful with the exception of LT, Brees, Jammer, and Donnie Edwards.
              Where did i praise Butler? Im saying he was the type of guy that would run the show. Without the need to appease Spanos. A true mobster at the helm. It was the Butler show. And drafting LT....a RB that high took some risk. Not praising Butler...just saying he was the type of hire that would be given complete control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Two games doesn’t necessarily predict the entire season. We can still turn it around and be first for the division. Especially with how the Chiefs have been playing.
                Sure anything can happen but it usually doesn't. Last against the run is last against the run. Losing against the Ravens...can happen. Two weeks off, and losing against the Pats with no Brady? Bad sign. If you are referring to our division, yes we can compete there this year. I was thinking about a bit further than that. Two losses in a row in this league...it can put you out.
                Last edited by Guest; 11-03-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

Sure anything can happen but it usually doesn't. Last against the run is last against the run. Losing against the Ravens...can happen. Two weeks off, and losing against the Pats with no Brady? Bad sign.
                  Wu-Dai is already saying Gus D was better and looking to the draft in 2022

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post

Where did i praise Butler? Im saying he was the type of guy that would run the show. Without the need to appease Spanos. A true mobster at the helm. It was the Butler show. And drafting LT....a RB that high took some risk. Not praising Butler...just saying he was the type of hire that would be given complete control.
                    I mean Butler and AJ were similar guys IMO with the latter having complete control also. It’s why he kept butting heads with Marty who also wanted more control. And I don’t think drafting an RB that high was considered a risk in 2001. These days yes. But RB were valued more back then.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

Sure anything can happen but it usually doesn't. Last against the run is last against the run. Losing against the Ravens...can happen. Two weeks off, and losing against the Pats with no Brady? Bad sign.
                      There’s been a lot of good things that happened this season that makes me feel otherwise. I think we can do it this year.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        I mean Butler and AJ were similar guys IMO with the latter having complete control also. It’s why he kept butting heads with Marty who also wanted more control. And I don’t think drafting an RB that high was considered a risk in 2001. These days yes. But RB were valued more back then.
                        A true legend that crried this team to a bunch of playoffs. AJ i big part of that. He brought him in. Also signed Marty. Exactly what this team needed. So i guess i am giving him some props. All of these guys were part of the foundation that carried us to a bunch of winning seasons. All of them alpha types. Thats my point.

I dont think you and i will see eye to eye on this. Cheers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wu-Dai is already saying Gus D was better and looking to the draft in 2022
                          No no no.
                          The noose is getting tighter every weekend.
                          Wait until our D gels.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X