Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

So keep doing what we’ve been doing?
    No, go shorter and safer. Right now, 10 defenders are playing with 6 yards of the line of scrimmage. We need to draw them up so 10 are along the LOS. Then we can can show them how the ultra short game really works.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Salary cap has nothing to do with relocation fee.
      Cash not spent towards the cap is available to pay the relocation fee. The Spanii are cash poor.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

If that was the case, then explain all the previous years they spent all of the salary cap cash. Like I said, it’s not related. And I doubt the relocation fee is an issue since it’s spread over 30 years now.
        I'd contend that they rarely spent more than the minimum cap. Its all in the accounting.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Sign Ito !!!!
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I didn't realize (I just read it) that James Conner was unsigned a month into free agency and at that point he was taking whatever offer he could get when Ariz finally came through with a deal - 1.75 mil for one year. Conner is now second to Jonathon Taylor in rushing TDs with 12, and third in total TDs with 13, one behind No. 2 Austin Ekeler. I don't understand why Telesco and Staley would not have been interested in Conner. Kelley was a rookie bust, Jackson was an injury bust, and they weren't targeting an RB in the first two days of the draft. Conner had averaged 4.3 yds per carry with the Steelers. He didn't play much as a rookie, but in his final three years in Pitt he scored 22 TDs and was a Pro Bowler in his 2nd season. It seems to me he would have made a good compliment to Ekeler. It's true they are alike in that they both have a nose for the end zone - nothing wrong with that - but Conner is a different kind of back than Ekeler, at 6-1 and +230 lbs he is a load. He could have added a power dimension to the running attack that presents a different problem for defenses than Ekeler presents. With a balanced running game, it would take the pressure off of Herbert. I don't understand why Telesco/Staley would not be more aggressive to fix an area of the offense that has been lacking since Melvin Gordon's departure.
            I mentioned a few weeks ago when we were talking about possibly landing a free agent running back in the off-season, I gave a short list and Connor was one of them.

Granted there are some running backs in the draft I like as well but there are a few vets that may be out there that we could sign to a 1 or 2 year deal if we don't draft a RB early.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

They can run any play they want. They just need to execute better. That’s what Herbert says. But the bubble screen play to Allen needs to go. I’ve seen it maybe 5 times for a total of 2 yards gained. I’m not a defensive guru, but I see that play pre snap.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There it is...TT's love for Golden Domers is evident for all to see...
                Miami (1rst), Chicago (1rst) & Detroit (3rd) are the only other teams to have Golden Domers in the top 5 percentage wise: all solid NFL franchises

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I'd contend that they rarely spent more than the minimum cap. Its all in the accounting.
                  No GIF

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Cash not spent towards the cap is available to pay the relocation fee. The Spanii are cash poor.
                    Where you getting this information?

Cash not spent this year rolls over to the following year.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Where you getting this information?

Cash not spent this year rolls over to the following year.
                      People are saying, many people are saying...
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I mentioned a few weeks ago when we were talking about possibly landing a free agent running back in the off-season, I gave a short list and Connor was one of them.

Granted there are some running backs in the draft I like as well but there are a few vets that may be out there that we could sign to a 1 or 2 year deal if we don't draft a RB early.
                        One guy I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned - and whom I think would be a great fit - is Marlon Mack. He's only in his mid-twenties; he's had some success in the League; and he's buried behind Taylor and Hines on the depth chart in Indy. Doubt he would be all that expensive, either.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                          They can run any play they want. They just need to execute better. That’s what Herbert says. But the bubble screen play to Allen needs to go. I’ve seen it maybe 5 times for a total of 2 yards gained. I’m not a defensive guru, but I see that play pre snap.
                          The flanker screen to Keenan should be retitled Keenan Allen Tackled For Loss, and the franchise should consider punting rather than run that play.

/Rip it from the playbook.

Comment

Working...
                          X