• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

Outsider here, but I feel like Telesco has done a good job overall with the Chargers. It seems like every year they have been picked to win the division for the last 10 years and they often have a ton of injuries.

Many doubted Herbert, the same as many doubted Mahomes. Brett Veach was certain about Mahomes and Telesco delivered Herbert.

Every GM makes mistakes, whether that be poor FA signings, poor draft picks, or poor extensions. And, since we follow our teams closely, they seem to be more often than other teams. That is just perception.

Staley was a great hire. Herbert was a great pick. First year of a new regime. I would give it time.
    According to posters here only our GM makes mistakes.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Someone please just tell me who I'm rooting for or against this week...
      Ravens?
      Titans?
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Someone please just tell me who I'm rooting for or against this week...
        Ravens?
        Titans?
        Titans are tricky but I think they have a pretty solid shot to be in the playoffs and their AFC record is excellent

But, I think you root for the Ravens over the Bengals for one reason - Chargers if tied, own the tiebreaker over the Bengals but not the Ravens. The Chargers do not own tiebreakers over the Patriots , RAvens and Colts

So, this week end
        rooting for the Patriots and Ravens.
        it might be nice if the Chiefs beat the Steelers (lets face it winning the division is a long shot and another Steelers loss wouldn't be bad)
        Colts against AZ - with their AFC record, game doesn't really matter

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Titans are tricky but I think they have a pretty solid shot to be in the playoffs and their AFC record is excellent

But, I think you root for the Ravens over the Bengals for one reason - Chargers if tied, own the tiebreaker over the Bengals but not the Ravens. The Chargers do not own tiebreakers over the Patriots , RAvens and Colts

So, this week end
          rooting for the Patriots and Ravens.
          it might be nice if the Chiefs beat the Steelers (lets face it winning the division is a long shot and another Steelers loss wouldn't be bad)
          I think we want the Colts to lose a lot going forward.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Big difference - the Chiefs went to get Mahomes; the Chargers had Herbert fall in their lap. And if the Fish had picked Herbert, Telesco would have picked Tua.

Second, I base my review of Telesco on the overall record of the teams he is GM for - its like .475 or something. Its just not good. But he will have another year or two
            But you are harping on it at the wrong time - haven't you noticed this years team is pretty good? They have a good chance to be in the playoffs this year, they have a great young QB and a bright new HC. Take your hand off the fire TT button for now, as the team goes up so does his stock.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think we want the Colts to lose a lot going forward.
              I agree about the Colts. But the other two games they play are the Jags and Raiders. So I am giving them 10 wins and a very good AFC record of 9-3. So sure if the Colts lose to AZ and Raiders, that would be ideal - I just don't see it as likely to happen. Hell, with the way they run the ball, they might beat Arizona.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

TT’s a nice guy and I never really have to worry about drama with him like I did with AJ. He’s just too damn inconsistent with his drafting, leaning towards the bad more than good. Same thing with his FA acquisitions, though I’m more lenient about that given FA in general being a net negative more than anything else. I guess we have to hope Staley continues to have more influence on TT on his drafting and FA pickups. Analytics would be a useful tool there.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I just looked at all the teams schedules and really - well the Chargers need to beat Houston and Denver for sure
                  Ravens play Bengals, Rams and Steelers - so that could be 1-2
                  Steelers play Chiefs, Bengals and Ravens - so that might be 1-2
                  Colts play Cardinals, Raiders and Jags so thats probably 2-1 but they have a very good AFC record so do not want to tie them for 7th
                  Raiders and Broncos - both 7-7 will take care of themselves
                  Bills: Patriots, Falcons and Jets - but there AFC record is not good so they need to beat the Patriots
                  Bengals: Ravens Chiefs and Browns

So if the Chargers just take care of business these next two weeks - looking solid
                  Sando’s record projections
                  Projected AFC Playoff Seeding
                  1 Kansas City Chiefs PIT, CIN, DEN 13-4
                  2 New England Patriots BUF, JAX, MIA 12-5
                  3 Tennessee Titans [SF], MIA, HOU 11-6
                  4 Cincinnati Bengals [BAL], [KC], CLE 9-8
                  5 Indianapolis Colts AZ, LV, JAX 11-6
                  6 Los Angeles Chargers HOU, DEN, LV 11-6
                  7 Buffalo Bills [NE], ATL, NYJ 10-7

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sando’s record projections
                    Projected AFC Playoff Seeding
                    1 Kansas City Chiefs PIT, CIN, DEN 13-4
                    2 New England Patriots BUF, JAX, MIA 12-5
                    3 Tennessee Titans [SF], MIA, HOU 11-6
                    4 Cincinnati Bengals [BAL], [KC], CLE 9-8
                    5 Indianapolis Colts AZ, LV, JAX 11-6
                    6 Los Angeles Chargers HOU, DEN, LV 11-6
                    7 Buffalo Bills [NE], ATL, NYJ 10-7
                    Good stuff from Sando - he thinks they will sweep
                    I just am ready for Sunday after this Thursday game -want to see how the seedings shake out - have to beat Houston

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

“The team to watch is going to be the Chargers,” an evaluator with AFC West experience said. “They have enough skill on the offensive side to produce whether running or throwing. Their defense hasn’t been playing great, especially against the run, but not many teams will have the patience to run it. Indy would have a chance to bully them, but their offense, if they give it to that quarterback (Wentz), they are in trouble.”

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I agree about the Colts. But the other two games they play are the Jags and Raiders. So I am giving them 10 wins and a very good AFC record of 9-3. So sure if the Colts lose to AZ and Raiders, that would be ideal - I just don't see it as likely to happen. Hell, with the way they run the ball, they might beat Arizona.
                        So shouldn't we be rooting for the Colts to win their division?
                        since we don't win a tie breaker against the them?
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I guess people don't have time to know about GMs of other teams and to know how they do with their organization.

Do you think the Raiders or Jaguars will beat them? If IND loses to ARZ but beats those two teams, and LAC wins out, Chargers are a higher seed than the Colts.

The not losing to a team from the other conference thing is overrated. You might need that one game from against the other conference to avoid a situation that doesn't favor your team. One of the games against the Cowboys or Vikings could've helped the Chargers to clinch a playoff spot sooner, and maybe still contend for the division title.

Comment

Working...
                          X