• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I love the draft, but in the end, who cares where the talent comes from. There’s no win-loss record in the draft. Winning games is what counts. And TT has a losing record where it counts.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I didn't have a problem with moving on from Lynn. I just don't think Staley has been much of an improvement, yet. The defense is currently No. 22, and it has had a healthy Derwin James the entire season.
      I think there's a difference in attitude. This year's team seems to be expecting to win and I think a good deal of the reason they feel that way is the optimism of Staley. He doesn't coach "not to lose", he's aggressive and coaches to win. I have a feeling next season will be a special season and everyone will praise Staley.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think there's a difference in attitude. This year's team seems to be expecting to win and I think a good deal of the reason they feel that way is the optimism of Staley. He doesn't coach "not to lose", he's aggressive and coaches to win. I have a feeling next season will be a special season and everyone will praise Staley.
        Agree. I wasn't expecting a lot this year. Depth wasn't good but expected better than last season.

2022 we should expect to win every week.

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I didn't have a problem with moving on from Lynn. I just don't think Staley has been much of an improvement, yet. The defense is currently No. 22, and it has had a healthy Derwin James the entire season.
          Lynn has no place being a HC anywhere - are we watching the same team/coaches??

also, we can simply agree to disagree - i am not interested in a feud. if you want to make some complaints about Staley, that is perfectly fine, but Lynn was an absolute train wreck.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

Night and Day between, Lynn and Staley. I’ll use a famous line from Lynn with a twist. There is a reason he isn’t a head coach right now…

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I am at a loss for words with the thought that Staley isn't much of an improvement over Lynn...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I love the draft, but in the end, who cares where the talent comes from. There’s no win-loss record in the draft. Winning games is what counts. And TT has a losing record where it counts.
                This is where I am at. Two wildcards, zero divisions, under .500. And he will have the most cap space he has ever had. I just hope Staley is a better partner in the scouting/film room than McCoy or Lynn were

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    The development of Pipkins would be a huge boost to offseason plans. Pipkins or Norton at RT could create better competition which only helps the depth. Jaimes - who knows. Aboushi - if he comes back. That means the OL could theoretically be 7 deep. Always still want more depth of course - but Pipkins, if the play is sustained, would be huge for RT moving forward.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      As prophesied,
                      PON w/change.

Who's gonna flash
                      in our '21 playoff run ?

imp:
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The development of Pipkins would be a huge boost to offseason plans. Pipkins or Norton at RT could create better competition which only helps the depth. Jaimes - who knows. Aboushi - if he comes back. That means the OL could theoretically be 7 deep. Always still want more depth of course - but Pipkins, if the play is sustained, would be huge for RT moving forward.
                        At worst, I hope he’s at least good depth. A swing tackle essentially. Maybe never a legitimate starter but still better than what we all thought he was a year ago.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

As prophesied,
                          PON w/change.

Who's gonna flash
                          in our '21 playoff run ?

imp:
                          My take on Pipkins is that he can be relied on to fill in quite competently on occasion, when needed, but he's not going to be a guy you can depend on to be consistent, to play at a high level every week like a Rashawn Slater. Am I wrong?

Comment

Working...
                          X