• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I concur and I rolled my eyes a bit where he says the Chargers are still a flawed team. Every team in the NFL is flawed. Every team in the playoffs is flawed. There are no unflawed, perfect teams in the NFL, not since the salary cap and focus on parity. The precedent is already set for a team that barely makes the post-season to get hot and win the SB. The 2010 Packers for example. The 2012 Ravens snuck in the post-season, but virtue of the refs giving Ray Rice 29 yards when he really only got 27.5 yards. If the Chargers get in, with Justin Herbert and a relatively healthy roster, there is no telling how far the Chargers can go.
    I think we go very far if we have all key players healthy especially on defense. This way even when the offense is having some inconsistencies, our defense can still give them time to get going again. Our main issue obviously is we’re too top heavy right now. We saw that in the Texans game. Among other problems that day. I feel like the Denver game was the first game this year where Herbert could struggle and we could still win.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Yup, there definitely is no dominant team this year in particular. I think the Buccs, Chiefs and Packers of last year are better than any team this year. The #1 seed in the AFC lost to the Jets and the Texans.
      The Packers look like the best team in football right now, but who knows? The Bucs have WR problems, and without a plethora of receivers to throw to, Brady is vulnerable. The Chargers for all intents and purposes should have won the TNF game against KC, and the Chiefs just lost to the Bengals, whom the Chargers kind of dominated in Cincinnati this season. I also think the Rams could rise up in the NFC, though they didn't look particularly dominating in Baltimore on Sunday. The AFC though, I think it's pretty wide open. The Chiefs, Titans, Bengals and Bills all are beatable. The Patriots have come back to earth, and their Strength of Victory is .394, the lowest of any playoff team or hopeful, which means they got into the post-season by beating bad teams. If the Chargers get in, I would just say "look out!"

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think we go very far if we have all key players healthy especially on defense. This way even when the offense is having some inconsistencies, our defense can still give them time to get going again. Our main issue obviously is we’re too top heavy right now. We saw that in the Texans game. Among other problems that day. I feel like the Denver game was the first game this year where Herbert could struggle and we could still win.
        You tackle King Henry.
        I'll watch.
        opcorn:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The defense with Bosa, James and Justin Jones was much better on Sunday. And yes, having the DBs pretty complete helped. The Chargers have been a small margin for error so many weeks where a stop on defense or a drive on offense. Granted, thats the way of the NFL these days - one score games.

But if the defense and special teams contribute like they did Sunday (and not expecting the Raiders offense to play worse than Denver or ST to score a TD) - but if they can hold their own, the offense might perform better as they will have a margin of error. I go back to the Minnesota game - even the Houston game - the defense could not get the offense off the field and time of possession was so skewed.

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

I haven't heard and certainly don't want to sound unconcerned, but has there been a decision on Parham? Vicious as it looked, all I've heard is a concussion and nothing further. Is he shut down or is there a chance he comes back in the playoffs?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
              I haven't heard and certainly don't want to sound unconcerned, but has there been a decision on Parham? Vicious as it looked, all I've heard is a concussion and nothing further. Is he shut down or is there a chance he comes back in the playoffs?
              He was put on IR before the Houston games - which is a minimum of three games out. I think the smart prudent move since he did go to the hospital for observation. Even if the Chargers make the playoffs - might not see Parham the rest of this season.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He was put on IR before the Houston games - which is a minimum of three games out. I think the smart prudent move since he did go to the hospital for observation. Even if the Chargers make the playoffs - might not see Parham the rest of this season.
                Ah. I boycotted all sports information after the Houston game so I must've missed that. Lol!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

KC fans on the radio hoping Raiders win. They said the team that they most fear in the playoffs is the Chargers because of Herbert. That’s some respect there.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    KC fans on the radio hoping Raiders win. They said the team that they most fear in the playoffs is the Chargers because of Herbert. That’s some respect there.

TG
                    I totally believe it.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

TG
                      mentioned the same thing about one of the Chiefs forums the other day... they definitely are worried about facing the Chargers again if it comes to it

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Because we have a competent coaching staff for a 1st time in years that's why it is TT best draft.
                        It was leader of men who fall in love with Murray same leader of men who has not been calling off calls anymore for Lions.
                        Just to remind he started 0-8 this year since then they are like 2-4.
                        Ouch! ,
                        Lynn's Lion offense never scored more than 19 points the entire season,
                        barring the first game, where they scored 16 points in garbage time to move above 20.

Instead of being the head coach, he meddled too much with the offense: that was his downfall with the Chargers.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

TG
                          KC has wiped the floor with the Raiders this year: no big surprise.

Comment

Working...
                          X