• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Al Davis wasn’t in the best state of mind when he made his head coaching decisions towards the end. After Gruden, it was a giant shit storm.
    I think Davis was crazy like a fox sometimes. Even if it cost him a ton of money he would not put up with mediocrity. Since Staley took over a defensive team with a crap ton of question marks I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for next season. Staley does need better help in training and deciding during game time on the defensive side of the ball. We under achieved here regardless.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

This is true, for the first time in years. Was it at least partially due to Staley's resting regulars during the preseason games?
      Probably a lot of different things that Staley did. But you cannot rest on your laurels. Need to continue finding new ways to help our players.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I think what’s frustrating was how even though the run defense was a problem at the beginning of the year, we also did well limiting points until the Browns game. The Texans game was horrible but I thought it just showed our lack of depth defensively. We seemed back to the defense that Staley wanted against the Broncos. So I thought we would be able to handle the Raiders. It seemed that way at first but it feels like that Roberts fumble opened the floodgates.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Tho not widely listed at various NFL sites, if there are “hot seat” GM lists, TT has gotta be on a few. Usually it’s HC hot seats you read about.

About the GM position, don’t the Spanos’ have their own little scouting team and have input on TT’s picks? If so…hmm,lol. Jerry Jones is the king of owner dabblers.

In a parrrell universe… News read. “Brandon Staley is chosen as the Chargers new Defensive Coordinator.”

Not totally against a DC being hired as HC, per se. Former Charger DC Ron Rivera was/is still coaching. Rivera coached the Panthers in Super Bowl 50. The Panthers fell to the Denver Broncos by a score of 24–10.[
          Last edited by Caslon; 01-11-2022, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The only reason that Staley is not in the next coaching gig after his first season is for one reason "Mr. Herbert!" who made this shit show into a 9-8 season with highly competitive games due to Herbert's last minute attempts We lost at least 3 games we shouldn't have due to gross mismanagement. Our record would have been more like Detroit's or Jaguars if we didn't have Herbert. That's how bad I perceive Staley's failure to improve the one thing he was hired to do. If we had gone 4-13 both Mr. Staley and Mr. Telesco would be looking for new jobs Today!
            :wtf2:
            HYPERBOLE

If Lynn or McCoy were the coach they would have lost Washington, Cleveland, the first KC games for sure
            maybe they win the second KC game. Maybe.

Name the three games they lost to gross mismanagement. Houston - the one where the run defense couldn't stop a cold.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

4 football players stand out in the 1st round in the coming draft that look like they could fill a need on our team and start day 1.

1. Trevor Penning OT Could start at RT day one looks like he has the attitude and work ethic needed, could maybe trade down a few spots to get him as well.
              2. Jordan Davis DT Reminds me of Jamal Williams and could start day 1.
              3. Charels Cross OT Probably a LT but he could be a great RT.
              4. Brandon Smith LB Could probably trade down and get him and could be a good replacement for #9

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                4 football players stand out in the 1st round in the coming draft that look like they could fill a need on our team and start day 1.

1. Trevor Penning OT Could start at RT day one looks like he has the attitude and work ethic needed, could maybe trade down a few spots to get him as well.
                3. Charels Cross OT Probably a LT but he could be a great RT as well.
                4. Brandon Smith LB Could probably trade down and get him as well and could be a good replacement for #9
                In the few mock drafts I have done this week - the denial is sinking in and its time to prep for FA and draft - but Penning came up a lot as an option as did Cross. The Chargers do need a RT in addition to CB1 and IDL.

I like Davis but is he right for Staley. Davis is a big man who can eat up space but he also needs to be able to stay on the field

Other names that have come up are the WRs like Jameson Williams and Olave. With Williams getting ACL - he might not be ready. Chargers need a Day 1 starter or at worst big time contributor.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Ok…I’ll be mr. critical and you be mr. sunshine and lollipops. I’ll say the empower has no clothes on. You go ahead say all looks fine. Don’t tell me to get a grip either. You saying I’m emotional or throwing things and screaming? Kindly F-off mr. speaks for all.
                  You constantly throw stones from a glass house and then get pissed when someone breaks your window??? Like others have said, usually i just skip your pissing and moaning on here but from time to time you are worth a chuckle and retort.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

4. Brandon Smith LB Could probably trade down and get him and could be a good replacement for #9
                    At pick #17, there is now an outside chance Cross will fall to them; Trevor Penning might just be a reach there (although I like him and wouldn't mind the pick).

No, to an inside linebacker in the first round or two....the biggest swing of them all for Telesco (or most).
                    Its not as important in Staley's D as other positions, and Tranquil/White (if resigned) will get better - they've hardly played the position in college/pros.
                    Sometimes that inexperience/lack of instinct has shown up.

I'd consider one on day 3.....i've heard here that Chad Muma / jo jo Domaine are good and might be available later

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the few mock drafts I have done this week - the denial is sinking in and its time to prep for FA and draft - but Penning came up a lot as an option as did Cross. The Chargers do need a RT in addition to CB1 and IDL.

I like Davis but is he right for Staley. Davis is a big man who can eat up space but he also needs to be able to stay on the field

Other names that have come up are the WRs like Jameson Williams and Olave. With Williams getting ACL - he might not be ready. Chargers need a Day 1 starter or at worst big time contributor.
                      It just might be another OT/corner 1 - 2 for the Chargers this draft.

I agree about Davis: Davis neither fits Staley or Telesco's vision of their fantasy tackle.
                      Telesco, from the Polian tree, prefers 1- gap penetrators and quicker d-lineman.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It just might be another OT/corner 1 - 2 for the Chargers this draft.

I agree about Davis: Davis neither fits Staley or Telesco's vision of their fantasy tackle.
                        Telesco, from the Polian tree, prefers 1- gap penetrators and quicker d-lineman.
                        Does Telesco prefer 1 gap penetrator though? All the DL and FA he drafted has been based on what Pagano and Bradley wanted.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

No to LB right now. I think you replace that with CB.

Comment

Working...
                          X