Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Okay, let’s get technical. Since 2013 TT has hit on 2/7 3rd rounders, Jones and KA. That’s a 28.5% hit rate.

The average hit rate of all position groups in the 3rd round is 27.75%.

Source:
    https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/...draft-by-round

Maybe you should adjust your expectations instead of shitting on other posters. Writing things like “maybe you missed the past 8 drafts” is passive aggressive and gross.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Chain....i just have to ask...writing books on your posts is killing me brother. Can you shorten them up? That said I like your enthusiasm.

You have a tendency to state your opinion as fact and statistics as the overiding truth and im feeling its ticking posters off a bit. Opinions are great. We all have ours and its ok to disagree and no need to offend people on the board. We are on the same side.

i believe we drafted FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Not statistics. Great thought and evaluation was put in...thousands of hours. Tell me anyone here has the tape, insight, premonitions, crystal balls and so on to definitively say any player was a failure of a pick and i call bullshit. Let the coaches coach them and let the football players prove it. Only time can answer the question of were they a good player at any draft position.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

It's hard to have too firm an opinion on the backend of the draft considering the history and low precision.

I really liked Melifonwu but if he wasn't a significant bust risk he wouldn't last until almost the 4th round, just sayin.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Okay, let’s get technical. Since 2013 TT has hit on 2/7 3rd rounders, Jones and KA. That’s a 28.5% hit rate.

Source:

Maybe you should adjust your expectations instead of shitting on other posters. Writing things like “maybe you missed the past 8 drafts” is passive aggressive and gross.
          dont ruin a good story with facts
          :cheers:

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

dont ruin a good story with facts
            :cheers:
            Evidence and facts often get in the way of opinion, belief, and faith in things.

By that statistic TT/staff are 0.75% above league average.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Fuck PFF
              LOL.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Source:

Don’t ruin a good argument by bringing facts into it.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Public opinion is not a true assessment of evidence. The public in general is moronic, uneducated, and easily manipulated. See the last 5 years as an example.
                  That cost you some previously earned thought capital you had earned here.
                  Here is a perfect example over 80% of Americans think they are above average. Now that is comical.

Tre McKitty was rated a top 7 TE prospect by Bucky Brooks (5), Sporting News (6), SI (6), Fan Nation (6), PFN (7).
                  He also had an injured knee he was still rehabbing heading into the 2020 season. He’s now healthy.

No one is every going to happy with all the picks a team makes.
                  You’re opinion is yours to have.
                  If you done all the film work (6 full games minimum over at least 2 seasons), prospect background research, athletic profile projection, and factor in QB play/team offensive philosophy then you’re opinion should be valued. If not you’re just pissing into the wind.

Two different NFL scouts on McKitty and they see things differently.......

“He’s a little bit of a project who has a lot of upside,” said one scout. “He’s not a freakish athlete, but you see enough traits in there. Nice (catching) radius, big hands. He competed as a blocker.”

“He wasn’t used well enough at Georgia,” a second scout said. “Athletically, it looks like he belongs. He’s going to need some work. He’s more of a receiving tight end than an in-line blocker.”
                  I think 80% of Americans are below average, Putting me high into the top 10%. Yeah, that good.

I look forward to seeing these gems / worst picks ever on a football field. They both look like football players to me, I thought Tremble looked stiff as a 2x4 personally, he reminds me of a Jacob Hester TE. He was drafted so we’ll get to find out.

but I’ve seen TT’s Rd3 record like the rest of you. Maybe he’s on a 7 yr cycle and its yr 8? KA 2.0 Boom! Or not. Pfffft.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Again, more than 1 in 7 (over 14%) dropped passes for McKitty, who, outside of this forum, has been recognized by multiple sources as one of the worst picks in the entire draft by any team. Honestly, we could have signed a blocking TE as an UDFA. This was our worst pick, followed by Palmer.

The picks of Slater, Samuel, Rumph, Jaimes and Niemann were all good to great picks.

We just need to send Telesco out for soda and snacks when the third round of the draft rolls around in 2022.

He has repeatedly butchered the third round of the draft. After Allen, it has been useless (Watt), useless (Mager), tragically dead (Tuerk), not very good (Feeney), solid player (Jones), not very good and trending toward useless (Pipkins), and now two reaches in Palmer and McKitty. Just let someone else make those picks moving forward.
                    TT's 3rd round curse lol.

I don't know about you guys but this draft is different. Staley had his hands a lot on this one. I know its just my opinion but to me its really obvious. Here's a take on Palmer specifically.

"Chargers head coach Brandon Staley told reporters after the draft that he was studying defensive backs on film and noticed that Palmer kept showing up.

“I felt like evaluating all these DBs in the secondary, I felt like this guy just kept showing up over and over and over again,” said Staley (
                    via 247Sports).

The Chargers head coach was specifically impressed with Palmer’s performances against Alabama and Georgia

“We do feel like he can go inside to the slot and run that tree as well,” said Staley. “It gives us a bigger-bodied guy that can match up against smaller nickel-type people or a linebacker to be able to get that separation. Just feel like he’s a complete player, and we’re really excited about him. He really showed up a lot in the evaluation process.”

So to me this right here is proof Staley is himself studying film for defensive pieces for HIS defense. HE kept seeing Palmer looking solid over the DBs he was thinking about drafting. Remember Staley has ties to that school. He checked in with their DB coach whom advised this Palmer kid gave them work in practice. Staley also counseled Lombardi about the pick as well. Imho the Palmer pick wasn't a Telesco reach but morso a Staley pick/reach.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Damn I get goosebumps readin that kinda shit.Get em Palmer,prove all the draft day haters(myself included)wrong!!!!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

LOL.
                        Sorry... that Herbert jab from PFF left a bitter taste in my mouth

if I was even close to big enough to play pro OL I’d be Herbert’s best OL guy haha
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

TT's 3rd round curse lol.

I don't know about you guys but this draft is different. Staley had his hands a lot on this one. I know its just my opinion but to me its really obvious. Here's a take on Palmer specifically.

"Chargers head coach Brandon Staley told reporters after the draft that he was studying defensive backs on film and noticed that Palmer kept showing up.

“I felt like evaluating all these DBs in the secondary, I felt like this guy just kept showing up over and over and over again,” said Staley (
                          via 247Sports).

The Chargers head coach was specifically impressed with Palmer’s performances against Alabama and Georgia

“We do feel like he can go inside to the slot and run that tree as well,” said Staley. “It gives us a bigger-bodied guy that can match up against smaller nickel-type people or a linebacker to be able to get that separation. Just feel like he’s a complete player, and we’re really excited about him. He really showed up a lot in the evaluation process.”

So to me this right here is proof Staley is himself studying film for defensive pieces for HIS defense. HE kept seeing Palmer looking solid over the DBs he was thinking about drafting. Remember Staley has ties to that school. He checked in with their DB coach whom advised this Palmer kid gave them work in practice. Staley also counseled Lombardi about the pick as well. Imho the Palmer pick wasn't a Telesco reach but morso a Staley pick/reach.
                          Great job connecting these dots.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X