• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    IF we don't make the playoffs the obvious move is to fire the HC and GM and bring in a HC that is tried and proven! We've literally made every other move possible to fix this team and culture through the years since TT has been here so replacing this GM and HC would be the last and only move left to make at this point, again if we don't make the playoffs.

Right now we are a playoff team so there should be no reason to use particular games we lost as why Staley needs to be fired, because facts are facts and right now the teams in the dance. If we could make the playoffs then for sure Staley would be showing that he is progressing and deserves to be here to keep building his vision! No playoffs and bye bye.
    So if we make the playoffs with an 8-9 record, and get blown out 45-0 in the first round, that's improving?

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hill is not the DC - we all know its Staley. Maybe that is too much to try to both coach the game and also call plays on defense. I do wonder if he called Fangio to be an Asst HC. Again, arrogance - give up the defensive play calling. You are head football coach - not Sr Defensive Coordinator
      1. I think his mistake may also be trying to do too much.

2. If I were him, I would have retained our former OC, QB coach and focus on defense first.

(If the offense does not improve from 2020 to 2021, then get a new OC... If it does, leave it as it is.)

3. But he didn't and when Fangio was available, he should have called him. (So that he can focus his efforts to make the offense works better now that the defense is in great hands!)

4. Anyone recalls Staley interview our former OC, QB coach? Or they just being let go since he wants his own men?

Go Bolts!!!
      Last edited by TTThunder; 10-24-2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Again, Staley should be judged by his record. We missed the playoffs last year. If we miss them this year, and the road certainly is not getting easier with the mounting injuries, he should be fired. Now if the team brings him back because of the injuries, well...not sure what to say about that.
        If they will retain him because of the injuries, they have to look at how we play in the games...

If the players are prepared and play well (though lost because of limited abilities), then I agree.

If not, injury should not be used as an excuse!

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Cheap ass SpAnus clan will use the injuries as an excuse to not have to eat Staley's contract and cough up actual NFL money for an actual NFL coach like Payton.Hope I'm wrong because this whole superbowl Champs during preseason and actual garbage no PO team for the real season is gettin way too old to waste anymore time and money on this SpAnus owned joke of a team.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

1. I think his mistake may also be trying to do too much.

2. If I were him, I would have retained our former OC, QB coach and focus on defense first.

(If the offense does not improve from 2020 to 2021, then get a new OC... If it does, leave it as it is.)

3. But he didn't and when Fangio was available, he should have called him. (So that he can focus his efforts to make the offense works better now that the defense is in great hands!)

4. Anyone recalls Staley interview our former OC, QB coach? Or they just being let go since he wants his own men?

Go Bolts!!!
            Fangio said he did not want to be a DC this year and wanted to take a year off from coaching, so that was never an option.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Prisoner of the moment. Giants have won all the close games and the math says they will regress and drop games playing so many close games. They also have in all those close wins, just 2 wins against winning teams. Let's see how the next 10 games go and his next year or two go before we do the told you so about Daboll. He has plenty of time to write his resume. If you want to king him, king him. But he may turn out to be what I think he is. A JAG HC if he doesn't have Allen at QB. Danny Dimes will turn into a pumpkin soon. It will always be a QB driven league. It why Belicheat has zero playoff wins without TB. And is currently in last place in his division and won't ever win a SB without Brady.

Watch out for Burrow, that kid is the real deal.
              I'd bet on him going back to the Superbowl. If not Joe, then Mahomes or Allen will be in the Superbowl. I'm not sure Herbert is quite there yet. I put him 4th behind those guys.
              All the great young QBs are in the AFC. Jackson and Watson too. Can Herbert get it done vs all these guys. Even adding Payton as HC...this looks like a tough mountain for Herbert to climb to the top. These are some baller QBs he is trying to beat win the AFC and go to the SB.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post

Sometimes BS speculation is the tip of the iceberg of truth like when I posted welcoming Payton as our new HC.

I said Staley lost the team after his 4th down call vs. Cleveland and you could say that is BS speculation, but if we feel that was a shit call, you think the players are under the staley ether and are too stupid to see that too?

Id love to have Payton but these owners are cheap MFs when it comes to hiring GMs and HCs. Even if they fire TT and Staley, expect two more cheap hires. I don't expect them to even call Payton unless it is to ask if he will take 5 mil a year. When Payton hangs up, that's it.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Sheesh. Can't even fathom who wants the team to lose. I assume the pollyanna's AND those of us who call out the crap BOTH want the team to win. BOTH hope for the best. But one side tends to be realistic about the immediate.
                  Unless the defense dramatically improves I’ve seen more than enough from this guy. We were terrible against the run last year and instead of looking in the mirror he swapped out a bunch of guys and yet here we are probably worse against the run this year than we were last. And with the guys he wanted to address the issue. I don’t know any way to look at it other than he doesn’t know what he’s doing or doesn’t know how to do it. He’s at the very bottom of coaches in the league in that regard.

he should be on the phone begging Vic Fangio to come help him. That’s his mentor, right?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t know any way to look at it other than he doesn’t know what he’s doing or doesn’t know how to do it. He’s at the very bottom of coaches in the league in that regard.
                    Have you seen Lynn and Mccoy when they were the HC? Now these were guys who didn't know what they were doing.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Defence is banged up, we cannot stop anybody.
                      With the number of injuries and way we play on offensive end I see no chance to have winning record this year.
                      Why wait? Let go Staley now. So new coach can establish himself.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                        Defence is banged up, we cannot stop anybody.
                        With the number of injuries and way we play on offensive end I see no chance to have winning record this year.
                        Why wait? Let go Staley now. So new coach can establish himself.
                        Can't hire Payton midseason.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

"Los Angeles would need to trade for the rights to Payton, who remains under contract with the Saints. While there hasn’t been a trade for a head coach in more than a decade, Payton’s accomplishments and offensive mind will likely end that drought if he wants to return. Considering his reputation, the starting point will likely be a 2023 first-round pick.
                          It would be a significant price to pay and Payton will also likely want a contract extension to become one of the highest-paid NFL coaches. While the financial burden might be a significant barrier for owner Dean Spanos, it could be justified if the Chargers believe Payton will make them one of the best teams in football."

Comment

Working...
                          X