Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Staley may be over his head and that I'd agree with,.... because he lacks NFL HC experience but to say the players don't respect him is pure bullshit speculation
    The players may respect Staley - as a person and his football acumen to an extent - but they can still see he is in over his head and lose confidence in Staley's ability to lead an NFL team to success. This is where I think the locker room is at IMO.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I would clean house with respect to the coaching staff if only to salvage Herbert's career. He's developing a lot of bad habits this year, some of it is obviously injury but his development has stalled big time.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Chargers have the worst point differential in the division. And outside of the Steelers and Lions, they are among the worst in the entire league as well.

Let that sink in for those that are happily content with "but we're 4-3."

I believe it was Florio who last week wrote "how the hell do the Chargers have 4 wins?!" (Paraphrasing)

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          I actually love the way Staley thinks and the things he wants to do. I really hope he rights the ship. The problem is it's starting to look like the players don't buy in. The defense can't stop the run or pass and since he took over as head coach they have a losing record vs losing teams but a winning record vs playoff teams. Guys get up for games when they know they're gonna be on national TV etc but the run of the mill sunday afternoon games vs seattle & jacksonville they don't care about.
          They have to put everything together, get healthy and the players have to just put in the work. When the Chargers have been playing good this season it comes in flashes, and then they revert back to the same problems. Giving up the big run, Oline protection breaking down, CB getting burned, RB getting stuffed. They have to address the problems and they have 2 weeks to get it together.

Allen coming back healthy is a good first step. They all know they have to start games way better. They have to capitalize on turnovers and they have to keep with the run starting the 2nd half. They just have to make adjustments and with GOOD coaching they should be fine and are on track to make the playoffs.

Comment

• lightsout42
            Hire a winning coach
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

They have to put everything together, get healthy and the players have to just put in the work. When the Chargers have been playing good this season it comes in flashes, and then they revert back to the same problems. Giving up the big run, Oline protection breaking down, CB getting burned, RB getting stuffed. They have to address the problems and they have 2 weeks to get it together.

Allen coming back healthy is a good first step. They all know they have to start games way better. They have to capitalize on turnovers and they have to keep with the run starting the 2nd half. They just have to make adjustments and with GOOD coaching they should be fine and are on track to make the playoffs.
            I don’t understand this argument. They are good only “in flashes,” yet more consistently “revert back to the same problems,” and while you say that with “GOOD coaching they should be fine” you also say that they are “on track to make the playoffs?”

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Yeah all I see is the luck wins startin to run out and this coaching staff beginning to be exposed.Staley is not workin any magic on defense like we all thought he would and Lombardi is as shitty as most of us thought he would be.Now with injuries piling up this whole team is an ugly mess.I say let the season play out and if we miss the POs at least we will hopefully get a high pick in the draft for the new coach who's name better rhyme with Shmayton.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The players may respect Staley - as a person and his football acumen to an extent - but they can still see he is in over his head and lose confidence in Staley's ability to lead an NFL team to success. This is where I think the locker room is at IMO.
                Speculation. I don't see how youml can come to that conclusion.
                You know who is in that locker room asking players questions? Popper.

How about asking him? He reported yesterday he talked to MW about his injury.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-24-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    It is a new low on the curse scale. Did DC get hurt? MW played during the time the game was semi competitive. It was over when he got hurt. Keenan was on a pitch count that somehow got used up in one half.

none of it explains the defensive breakdowns and inability to stop Seattle’s offense.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Speculation. I don't see howmyoumcsn coke to that conclusion.
                      You who is in that locker room asking players questions? Popper.

How about asking him? He reported yesterday he talked to MW about his injury.
                      Popper doesn’t ask those questions. He’s a child, wannabe DJ beat reporter currying favor with Staley and the players. And no player is goi g to say that to a reporter. Get real.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It is a new low on the curse scale. Did DC get hurt? MW played during the time the game was semi competitive. It was over when he got hurt. Keenan was on a pitch count that somehow got used up in one half.

none of it explains the defensive breakdowns and inability to stop Seattle’s offense.
                        We have arrived at DeAndre Carter WR1 status, Bandy WR2.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Popper doesn’t ask those questions. He’s a child, wannabe DJ beat reporter currying favor with Staley and the players. And no player is goi g to say that to a reporter. Get real.
                          That may be but he certainly would have more insight than you do about Staley not being respected by the players.

You have none and are no where near the facility, in the press room, or in the locker room. In other words, a hell of alot more to go on than you.

You have "body language" from the stands . Get real .

Comment

Working...
                          X