• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Its one of those cause-effect questions, its a good one and I don't know. Quinn's record:
    - first year he was 8-8.
    - 2016 he got hot in 2016 11-5 and the SB (an epic 2nd half failure, he was up 28-3 in the third period - so a big cautionary FYI for those still traumatized by Staley's JAX loss).
    - 2017 he was 10-6 and WC and advanced one round to DIV round.
    - then his last 3 years he went 7-9, 7-9 and started 0-5 and got fired abruptly in October.

getting fired after 0-5 start is the definition of failing, isn't it? (right or wrong). His career record was 43-42, which is not winning football. again - reasons, Idunno. just the result here.

I always assumed Bieniemy was a Reid puppet, he's showing alot of us that he wasn't just carrying Reid's donut box to the coaches conference room. OR - maybe that Commander kid is the next new unexpected wonder of the world, ala Tom Brady. (5th rd vs 6th)
    He scares the the bleep out of me. I think there are other coaches less volatile that we can succeed with.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

He scares the the bleep out of me. I think there are other coaches less volatile that we can succeed with.
      Bienemy will bring a much needed toughness and discipline to the team;
      not that he would be my first choice, but they can and probably will do much worse.

K.C. isn't the well oiled offensive machine this year.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Bienemy will bring a much needed toughness and discipline to the team;
        not that he would be my first choice, but they can and probably will do much worse.

K.C. isn't the well oiled offensive machine this year.
        good point about KC this year.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

While I don't disagree with most of your take, we are actually not the worst in giving up explosive plays this year:

Feel much better now . . . . . . . . Thanks

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Instead of changing HCs. I'd prefer they copy 49ers and sign Hargrave and trade for Young. That works better than any HC, DC change. Get better players a la J.Lynch. Going and get McCaffrey. Etc....

Parcells didn't only say "you are what your record says you are" ......he also said "it's a talent acquisition league". Add those two statements together and that means your record is basically equivalent to your talent level. Which is why Belicheck sucks now. He doesn't have the GOAT in a QB driven league. Brady went to Tampa and grabbed another ring and retired.

Chargers are not anymore talented than most teams.
            They do have a top 10 QB.

Last game Herbert hit the eject button and made a couple backyard plays. Something Andy Reid has benefit from with Mahomes and back with McNabb and Vick in Philly. Andy knows...Xs and Os can only do so much..... Which is why Mahomes and Kelce play backyard ball vs defenses. You can't prep for that. Its just get open get to sit in the open grass and I'll find you. It's why he went to 5 straight AFCCGs.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Instead of changing HCs. I'd prefer they copy 49ers and sign Hargrave and trade for Young. That works better than any HC, DC change. Get better players a la J.Lynch. Going and get McCaffrey. Etc....

Parcells didn't only say "you are what your record says you are" ......he also said "it's a talent acquisition league". Add those two statements together and that means your record is basically equivalent to your talent level. Which is why Belicheck sucks now. He doesn't have the GOAT in a QB driven league. Brady went to Tampa and grabbed another ring and retired.

Chargers are not anymore talented than most teams.
              They do have a top 10 QB.

Last game Herbert hit the eject button and made a couple backyard plays. Something Andy Reid has benefit from with Mahomes and back with McNabb and Vick in Philly. Andy knows...Xs and Os can only do so much..... Which is why Mahomes and Kelce play backyard ball vs defenses. You can't prep for that. Its just get open get to sit in the open grass and I'll find you. It's why he went to 5 straight AFCCGs.
              They are no more talented than Denver & Las Vegas Critty?

Bringing in Hargrave / Young types would produce minor, incremental improvements.

With many, I would guess that buyers remorse would quickly set in with those guys:
              poor techniques, not understanding assignment issues, etc, etc., .... Staley will coach them to mediocrity.

That's what he does.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Screenshot_20231114-204142_Instagram.jpg

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

They are no more talented than Denver & Las Vegas Critty?

Bringing in Hargrave / Young types would produce minor, incremental improvements.

With many, I would guess that buyers remorse would quickly set in with those guys:
                  poor techniques, not understanding assignment issues, etc, etc., .... Staley will coach them to mediocrity.

That's what he does.
                  Right. They are no more talented than those teams....
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    WAY TO GO BRANDON!! Converting talent to mediocrity - at a world class clip . . . . . . . . . . . . No Charger coach has done less with more - ever

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Right. They are no more talented than those teams....
                      Aiden O'Connell is better than JH, right?? . . . . . . . . . . you've generally got good takes, but try to stay somewhat close to reality please . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Aiden O'Connell is better than JH, right?? . . . . . . . . . . you've generally got good takes, but try to stay somewhat close to reality please . . . . . . .
                        Don't think he was comparing QBs, but teams.

And Aiden OConnell nearly beat us.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

They make up for it with their Oline: Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Jim Otto, .....

Comment

Working...
                          X