• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOrvMeNow
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Right. They are no more talented than those teams....
    By seasons end, the Donkies and Rat turds will be more talented.

But I wish you would inform us about this in the preseason, instead of liberally dispensing the kool aid.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

WAY TO GO BRANDON!! Converting talent to mediocrity - at a world class clip . . . . . . . . . . . . No Charger coach has done less with more - ever
      I think this deserves a thread to its own.

Norv? No one else, outside of Norv, was placed in Staley's position.

After an abysmal performance in New England, I think Staley will rest away that mantle clean away from Norvell.

His ability to lower expectations is Norv like,

A few more years of Staley, and the Chargers will be a fixture in the AFC west basement, the butt of Raider fan jokes.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Screenshot_20231114-233843_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Kellen Moore has shown nothing to prove he's ready to be a head coach in the NFL. Ben Johnson has done an excellent job as Detroit's offensive coordinator, but we don't know anything about what type of defense he would build with the Chargers. I actually like Johnson, and would be intrigued to see if he could bring that Dan Campbell toughness to the Chargers. But there are too many unknowns with Johnson at this point.

By far the best decision to replace Staley is Harbaugh. It's hard to believe that anyone would think otherwise, especially with Kellen Moore, after Harbaugh has turned losers into big-time winners everywhere he's been. Some of you probably preferred Kevin Gilbride over Bill Parcells when both were available in 1997.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
              Kellen Moore has shown nothing to prove he's ready to be a head coach in the NFL. Ben Johnson has done an excellent job as Detroit's offensive coordinator, but we don't know anything about what type of defense he would build with the Chargers. I actually like Johnson, and would be intrigued to see if he could bring that Dan Campbell toughness to the Chargers. But there are too many unknowns with Johnson at this point.

By far the best decision to replace Staley is Harbaugh. It's hard to believe that anyone would think otherwise, especially with Kellen Moore, after Harbaugh has turned losers into big-time winners everywhere he's been. Some of you probably preferred Kevin Gilbride over Bill Parcells when both were available in 1997.
              It’s beyond obvious

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh also flamed out in San Francisco. He might get you success, but it won't be for the long haul.

Plus, he won't play for the pay scale the Spani prefer. They like coaches that will work for peanuts.
                sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

Boise State fired their HC on Sunday, even after a convincing win over New Mexico. IMO, there's something more at work here and it would not surprise me if they pursue Kellen Moore. Moore was who they wanted when they hired Andy Avalos (the dismissed HC) but Jerry gave Kellen a bump in pay to keep him in Dallas. With the $$ college coaches are making these days, Moore has to be listening. I would just hate to see Herbert have to learn another offense.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Jim Harbaugh also flamed out in San Francisco. He might get you success, but it won't be for the long haul.

Plus, he won't play for the pay scale the Spani prefer. They like coaches that will work for peanuts.
                    I wouldn't say he flamed out. What happened with him in San Francisco is not much different than Marty's firing with us. Harbaugh didn't get along with the general manager, and the owner stupidly took the general manager's side.

I understand that Spanos doesn't want to pay an elite head coach. That doesn't mean I have to like the idea of Kellen Moore as the next head coach.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Its one of those cause-effect questions, its a good one and I don't know. Quinn's record:
                      - first year he was 8-8.
                      - 2016 he got hot in 2016 11-5 and the SB (an epic 2nd half failure, he was up 28-3 in the third period - so a big cautionary FYI for those still traumatized by Staley's JAX loss).
                      - 2017 he was 10-6 and WC and advanced one round to DIV round.
                      - then his last 3 years he went 7-9, 7-9 and started 0-5 and got fired abruptly in October.

getting fired after 0-5 start is the definition of failing, isn't it? (right or wrong). His career record was 43-42, which is not winning football. again - reasons, Idunno. just the result here.

I always assumed Bieniemy was a Reid puppet, he's showing alot of us that he wasn't just carrying Reid's donut box to the coaches conference room. OR - maybe that Commander kid is the next new unexpected wonder of the world, ala Tom Brady. (5th rd vs 6th)
                      One other point about Quinn in Atlanta - and we might be seeing in Buffalo, when you keep pushing cap on veteran players to keep the core around, are you not restocking the shelves so to speak. Saw it with AJ in the latter years of Norv. He got cocky with his "stacked roster" (his words) - trading away for guys like Hester, terrible picks like the LB Waters and QB Coughlin and all of the sudden - the talent is older. Did Dmitroff do that to Quinn - not keep the roster like how KC is doing

So for me, for the most part, I think Quinn was a success in getting to the Super Bowl whereas I look at Schwartz and say, not quite the success Quinn had in Atlanta. Magy had more success in Chicago than Schwartz. How much is front office how much is coaching

I also think Quinn should be a better head coach the second time around - remains to be seen

I just go back to the model of the Chargers and hiring an experienced head coach proves to be better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I wouldn't say he flamed out. What happened with him in San Francisco is not much different than Marty's firing with us. Harbaugh didn't get along with the general manager, and the owner stupidly took the general manager's side.

I understand that Spanos doesn't want to pay an elite head coach. That doesn't mean I have to like the idea of Kellen Moore as the next head coach.
                        And I don't buy the narratives around Harbaugh. He can't win in the NFL - been away too long? The "flamed out" in SF. Or he won't last long

What he will do is win though - and we have watched Lynn McCoy and now Staley -- who cares if Harbaugh last 4-5 years, what if he wins!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Do we really know exactly where the Charger problems are ?

Is it tactical (coaching)
                          or
                          is it technique (players)
                          ???

If it is chiefly technique, there is still a chance that things improve enough to better our W-L's.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X