• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    I can see why some people are passing over Harbaugh. He’s older and no longer seem as exciting. The Vikings just recently passed over him for KOC for example. He’s still one of my top choices for HC. My only real big concern is his age. He’s 59. Can he give us a decade of good football coaching? Being an NFL HC is in many ways harder than being a college HC.
    That's only old for people who choose to be old. Pete Carroll, at 72 years old, is running around the sidelines as if he's in his forties. In a different way, Nick Saban is as strong as ever at 72. I can see Harbaugh being that way when he's 72.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Moore is a top candidate for the Boise State job. I hope he takes it. I don't think he's ready to be an NFL head coach. Some experience at the college level should do him some good.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        What if the Chargers sneak in with the No. 7 seed and win in the WC round but lose in the Divisional round. Do you still want Staley fired?

What if the Chargers win the WC and Div round, but loses the AFC Championship. Do you still want Staley fired?

What if the Chargers win the WC, Div round and AFC Championshp, but lose in the Super Bowl? Do you still want Staley fired?
        lots of what-ifs...what if my aunt had "***"? it's looking more and more what if we dont make the POs.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

What if the Chargers sneak in with the No. 7 seed and win in the WC round but lose in the Divisional round. Do you still want Staley fired?

What if the Chargers win the WC and Div round, but loses the AFC Championship. Do you still want Staley fired?

What if the Chargers win the WC, Div round and AFC Championshp, but lose in the Super Bowl? Do you still want Staley fired?
          Maybe (depends on how we lose)

No

No

I'm not saying you are, but people act like wanting to fire Staley is something personal... Its not personal, its results. Why would ANYONE fire him if we actually make it to the AFCCG or Superbowl???

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
            Moore is a top candidate for the Boise State job. I hope he takes it. I don't think he's ready to be an NFL head coach. Some experience at the college level should do him some good.
            I totally agree with this. I think it would be a good move for Moore to be a head coach and show he can lead a program.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
              I'm not saying you are, but people act like wanting to fire Staley is something personal... Its not personal, its results. Why would ANYONE fire him if we actually make it to the AFCCG or Superbowl???
              This is a good post.

For most of the hell fire and brimstone fire Staley clique, it is personal. They don't like him and would still want him fired if the Chargers won the Super Bowl.

I don't dislike Staley. I respect him on many levels. But with each loss I grow less confident in his abilities to learn from his mistakes and improve, and improve the team - results. I'm ready to move on from him at any moment.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

This is a good post.

For most of the hell fire and brimstone fire Staley clique, it is personal. They don't like him and would still want him fired if the Chargers won the Super Bowl.

I don't dislike Staley. I respect him on many levels. But with each loss I grow less confident in his abilities to learn from his mistakes and improve, and improve the team - results. I'm ready to move on from him at any moment.
                If Staley and Telesco win the Super Bowl - give them 4 year contract extensions. I wanted McCoy to succeed, I wanted Lynn to succeed, I didn't like the Staley hire but I want him to succeed. I want them to win tomorrow against GB and figure out how to eek out a win against the Ravens, get to 6-5 overall, 3-3 in the AFC with some winnable games (I think NE, Denver and the Raiders right after) and get on a hot streak. I truly do

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

If there is a coaching change, I want that change to be good for Herbert. And the best thing for Herbert is not to blow everything up and start over again. Herbert doesn't need that. The offense doesn't need to be blown up. Also, special teams doesn't need to be blown up. So, again, IMO the best thing for Herbert is:

Kellen Moore HC
                  A really strong DC - Bears HC Matt Eberflus would be ideal if he gets fired
                  Ryan Ficken ST

This way you keep the two elements that are working intact - the offense and special teams. The element that needs to be blow up and his responsible for all this team's failures during Staley's tenure is the defense. You can blow that up and start over with a really strong DC. Don't mess with the parts of the team that are working.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Interesting rumor. I had no idea that he is a legend in Boise. He’d put them back on the college football map for sure.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

This is a good post.

I don’t like him anymore. not as a person, but as a coach. Strictly business, i think he’s a fine person if I see him at the mall.

he’s refused to admit his coaching is the problem on defense, as recently as this week. I can’t tolerate responsibility deflection and unaccountability. When I fuck up, I step up and say I fucked up and I learn from it and don’t repeat the mistake. Everybody is imperfect and makes mistakes - but Half of my career success is as simple as not making the same fucking mistake twice. I believed the first 2 years he would be a learning improving coach. He is now telling me to my face he will not, he will jblame players for not executing. Every time he uses the term “we”, he means them and not him. We never includes him.

I don’t tolerate employees that continue to make the same mistakes over and over and blame others, because I can’t - I’m responsible to the entire organization. As long as I am still Port Commissioner of Flipville Harbor, I’ll speak truth to this administration.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I guess it never hurts to get HC experience even though college doesn’t always translate.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t like him anymore. not as a person, but as a coach. Strictly business, i think he’s a fine person if I see him at the mall.

he’s refused to admit his coaching is the problem on defense, as recently as this week. I can’t tolerate responsibility deflection and unaccountability. When I fuck up, I step up and say I fucked up and I learn from it and don’t repeat the mistake. Everybody is imperfect and makes mistakes - but Half of my career success is as simple as not making the same fucking mistake twice. I believed the first 2 years he would be a learning improving coach. He is now telling me to my face he will not, he will jblame players for not executing. Every time he uses the term “we”, he means them and not him. We never includes him.

I don’t tolerate employees that continue to make the same mistakes over and over and blame others, because I can’t - I’m responsible to the entire organization. As long as I am still Port Commissioner of Flipville Harbor, I’ll speak truth to this administration.
                          What I got from the recent interview this week was that he wasn’t giving up playcalling on defense, which makes sense since the time to let Ansley do the playcall was the offseason and the start of this year. It’s too late now. I’m sure Staley will try to adjust the defense so that opponents don’t do what the Lions did again. Whether he can actually do that is another question altogether.

Comment

Working...
                          X