• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wrbanwal
    FUdean
    • Dec 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers vs. Chargering View Post

Hey Spanos, did you get a new keyboard yet? I heard your S and H weren't working you signed up for your name. Hope you can get that fixed.
    Lame, and uncalled for. I’m with Critty on many of their posts. You? Not so much.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

A lot of people think Herbert would be Brady 2.0 under Hoodie

I actually am thinking of another QB - John Elway. Big, strong, mobile, big arms. Elway used to be accused of throwing the ball too hard. I think Hoodie would enjoy working with Herbert

Harbaugh too. All these job openings - only one has Justin F'ing Herbert

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

The Harbaughites will rejoice upon reading this.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-teams-arent-concerned-about-ncaa-investigation-of-jim-harbaugh

“As the last couple weeks have gone, that has just completely changed,” Glazer said. “All the teams I’ve talked to said, ‘You know what, regardless of what we hear in that investigation, that’s not going to affect the way we look at Jim Harbaugh, if he wants to come back and coach in the NFL. I absolutely think, for the NFL, they’ve kind of moved on from this.”

Comment

• Wrbanwal
          FUdean
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You could say Eric Bieniemy. You could be wrong or right depending on the QB he has and how good of a roster the GM builds. But that would be a good name. He played in the NFL and he has worked with one of the best coaches ever. So it would be a good bet to hire EB as your HC.

If I'm replacing Staley with someone new. Not a high priced name, but a football coach who I would want to give a chance to...EB would work for me as a Staley replacement. But again Johnny probably doesn't want to work with EB, he likes Brandon Staley and Tommy Telesco.
          Your criteria for a name was someone without a SB. EB has one? Or two?

I don’t think the argument can be made for replacing Staley because I don’t think it’s going to happen unless they lose out.

But if they do, I hope it’s not Eric. Being a hater and all

would they consider another offensive minded coach? Then hire a DC?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-teams-arent-concerned-about-ncaa-investigation-of-jim-harbaugh

“As the last couple weeks have gone, that has just completely changed,” Glazer said. “All the teams I’ve talked to said, ‘You know what, regardless of what we hear in that investigation, that’s not going to affect the way we look at Jim Harbaugh, if he wants to come back and coach in the NFL. I absolutely think, for the NFL, they’ve kind of moved on from this.”
            Still my top choice. And he can look at the Bears (who is the QB? Is it Fields); he can look at the Raiders but the Chargers would be a decent option because of one player

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

A lot of people think Herbert would be Brady 2.0 under Hoodie

I actually am thinking of another QB - John Elway. Big, strong, mobile, big arms. Elway used to be accused of throwing the ball too hard. I think Hoodie would enjoy working with Herbert

Harbaugh too. All these job openings - only one has Justin F'ing Herbert
              Herbert is the 2020s version of John Elway. Of course, Elway had Dan Reeves, whom he didn't get along with but knew how to win, Wade Phillips (masterful defensive coordinator/so-so head coach), and Mike Shanahan (Super Bowl winner). Herbert hopefully is already going on to his third head coach. As far as I'm concerned the Spanos family has to get it right the third time. If they don't, Herbert should move on.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers vs. Chargering View Post

Hey Spanos, did you get a new keyboard yet? I heard your S and H weren't working you signed up for your name. Hope you can get that fixed.
                Can you please stop with the pettiness because you don’t agree with him?

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Your criteria for a name was someone without a SB. EB has one? Or two?

I don’t think the argument can be made for replacing Staley because I don’t think it’s going to happen unless they lose out.

But if they do, I hope it’s not Eric. Being a hater and all

would they consider another offensive minded coach? Then hire a DC?
                  If they miss the playoffs, I’m pretty sure both Telesco and Staley are out.

In terms of SB, it’s more of a HC issue since there’s never been one who won on different teams.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That’s good to hear. I remember reading earlier that the NFL could still punish him if he tries to flee. Glad it won’t be an issue then.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Still my top choice. And he can look at the Bears (who is the QB? Is it Fields); he can look at the Raiders but the Chargers would be a decent option because of one player
                      Why would he go to the Bears? Their QBs arent good....and he will have a lot better options. Raiders dont either for that matter. The only thing IMO thats stops him from coming to LA is Spanos......its always the thing that stops us from being more than mediocre.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Even if the Bears were to be position to draft a Caleb or Maye, Herbert is a proven, elite quarterback talent.
                        If Harbs is wise, there is one obvious choice and thats us.

edit: we also have the young left tackle and 1 young legitimate passrusher.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why would he go to the Bears? Their QBs arent good....and he will have a lot better options. Raiders dont either for that matter. The only thing IMO thats stops him from coming to LA is Spanos......its always the thing that stops us from being more than mediocre.
                          I think people are just listing the two teams that he had the most connections to. He may go to them if they pay him enough like with Sean Payton and the Broncos even if the situation isn’t ideal. The Bears in particular will have the #1 pick because of the Panthers.

Comment

Working...
                          X