Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Oh and Houston beat the Jags today.
    Wait, you mean that horrible team we barely beat, somehow beat the well coached Jags team? /sarcasm off

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I would have punted if I was the coach.
      You’re hired

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

People in favor of keeping Staley because we are 3-2 (with our three wins against the worst teams in the NFL) are probably the same who thought we should keep Norv following the 13-3 season in 2009.

Just because he won't get fired now doesn't mean he shouldn't be. What would you all be saying if the Browns had Brandon McManus or Justin Tucker and that kick was good?

This is another ridiculous decision of many made by Staley. I can point out plenty of unforgivable mistakes he's made over the first five games of this season. The tougher task would be concluding which decision was the most idiotic of them all.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Oh and Houston beat the Jags today.
          Yep...trap game for the Jags...

Comment

• R8rH8r
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2022
            • Las Vegas
            • Send PM

No firing....they won. but his head would be on a stick if they didn't

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

that 4th down call is something we can correct by tomorrow. IF we needed a QB, that would be a big if.
              You're assuming Staley will actually start making logical, high-percentage game-day decisions...can a tiger change his stripes? Can Staley change? After last season and this season so far, not much evidence of this...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You're assuming Staley will actually start making logical, high-percentage game-day decisions...can a tiger change his stripes? Can Staley change? After last season and this season so far, not much evidence of this...
                His post game comments were as arrogant as ever. He doesnt learn

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

I think we all agree If we make the playoffs everything is good, however if we don't make the playoffs this coaching staff and general manager get fired and we go in a new direction.

This is fine, it should be no other way if you are going to play in Los Angeles...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                    I think we all agree If we make the playoffs everything is good, however if we don't make the playoffs this coaching staff and general manager get fired and we go in a new direction.

This is fine, it should be no other way if you are going to play in Los Angeles...
                    Don't necessarily agree here...if we barely squeak into the playoff via wildcard, then are one and done due to Staley bonehead blunders and Lomboball, both of them need to go...

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      People in favor of keeping Staley because we are 3-2 (with our three wins against the worst teams in the NFL) are probably the same who thought we should keep Norv following the 13-3 season in 2009.

Just because he won't get fired now doesn't mean he shouldn't be. What would you all be saying if the Browns had Brandon McManus or Justin Tucker and that kick was good?

This is another ridiculous decision of many made by Staley. I can point out plenty of unforgivable mistakes he's made over the first five games of this season. The tougher task would be concluding which decision was the most idiotic of them all.
                      He made some dumb ones in the KC game for sure. But I think today takes the cake

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Don't necessarily agree here...if we barely squeak into the playoff via wildcard, then are one and done due to Staley bonehead blunders and Lomboball, both of them need to go...
                        Another poster pointed out that the pats coach did something very similar and ended up losing the game. I get being Chargers fans we have a few injuries on our soul from past coaches and Chargers seasons, however we have to judge Staley based on the results and on wins and loses. If we get in the playoffs and get blown out in the first round, you think about replacing him if you could get a Payton or Harbuagh! But I never thought the fans would turn on him after a 2 game win streak and being 3-2 at this point in the season?

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Too bad there’s not an EPA stat for coaches. I’d call it EWA, Expected Wins Added.

Because Staley would have a negative EWA. That’s analytics we could all understand.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X