• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Robert Griffin III makes $1.1 million at ESPN. I have read that there's speculation he got the job as long as he promised he wouldn't release his tell-all book about his time in Washington.

Emmanuel Acho used to work for ESPN and is now with FOX Sports 1. I really don't know how that happened.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, there isn't.

But im responding to lack of quality analysts. There are so many of them now with all these platforms as Jam and DerwinBosa pointed out. So many now and you end up with peeps like Acho and Cynthia lol.
      I don't find the analysis of women any more annoying than a lot of men making analysis. I don't know why the fact they are women is even an issue. In my observation, women are more measured and objective in their analysis then a lot of the jock former players. It reminds me of when my sis was one of the women who broke down the gender barrier in the male-dominated National Park Service in the '70s and '80s. She had to be better than the men to prove women were as capable as men in the role of a park ranger. Women have to perform better than men when they are trying to break down gender barriers. I see that happening in the world of football analysis.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't find the analysis of women any more annoying than a lot of men making analysis. I don't know why the fact they are women is even an issue. In my observation, women are more measured and objective in their analysis then a lot of the jock former players. It reminds me of when my sis was one of the women who broke down the gender barrier in the male-dominated National Park Service in the '70s and '80s. She had to be better than the men to prove women were as capable as men in the role of a park ranger. Women have to perform better than men when they are trying to break down gender barriers. I see that happening in the world of football analysis.
        True, but doesn’t change the fact that SNF and Amazon pregame are unwatchable.

I miss Kay. She would have been perfect.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
          True, but doesn’t change the fact that SNF and Amazon pregame are unwatchable.
          I don't find either unwatchable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That isnt even close to the same here with your sister. But hey i did say sorry if it offended some and knew it would.
            It wont change my mind on the matter. Obviously you are more passive on the matter. I am that way when it comes to announcers.

Most dont bother me but some really bother others. Many dont like Collinsworth, he is fine to me.
            There is a female announcer that to me is fine. Dont know her name.
            Calling a game and analyzing players, plays and strategy is different.
            I actually like her as an announcer...whoever she is lol.

Some men also arent worth listening to like Florio. Dont mind Sims but Florio is annoying. Dont like Greenberg....he is lame. The only reason i ever watched him was because of Golic. How Greenberg got promoted and Golic the ax is a wonder.

Cynthia is some sort of analyst and i think she is clueless. Some may like her because she is cute. She is ok there but anyone who calls a 7 point win a blowout is a little lost. Just blows me away that someone is paying her good money to be on TV to talk nonsense. Put her on the sideline with Melissa Stark and Erin Andrews.

Just my opinions.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-04-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
              Robert Griffin III makes $1.1 million at ESPN. I have read that there's speculation he got the job as long as he promised he wouldn't release his tell-all book about his time in Washington.

Emmanuel Acho used to work for ESPN and is now with FOX Sports 1. I really don't know how that happened.
              :lol: Goodell sweeping things under the rug. Not a shocker.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

True,....I'm going to really go to stretch this further.

We got women analyzing games and predicting scores. Sure anyone can predict a score but how is those doing this with former players around who actually know the game? Cynthia imo is hard to listen to but I have to, to hear the others.
                But I don't know. Maybe it's no different than listening to Mike Greenberg. Dude makes a lot of money to know little. How do they get these positions?

Sorry if that rubs anyone the wrong way but , but I don't like being having to toe the wuss nation line these days.

Shouldn't be in men's locker rooms after games either and then complain about players not covering up. Don't go in then. We can't go in theirs.
                That is the dumbest most misogynistic bigoted post I’ve read all year. Women aren’t smart enough to learn football? The studios are filled with men who never played pro ball, explain how they should exist. I am old enough to remember when all analysts were broadcasting experts and not football players. Today, studios are filled with ex-players who are otherwise semi-literate and can barely speak coherent sentences. They are unqualified except they are a “personality”. They are not experts at the overall game in many cases. Just in general, personality has replaced competence in society yet you post that women are incapable of analyzing football regardless of how hard she has worked, studied, and toiled to progress in the profession?

Put me down as firmly against this thinking.

and I haven’t read of a single female reporter complaining that men don’t cover up in the locker room in over a decade, I have read of players going up to female reporters and swinging their cocks at them in aggressive fashion and taunting them to cause a problem, i guess you think thats just great.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

That isnt even close to the same here with your sister. But hey i did say sorry if it offended some and knew it would.
                  It wont change my mind on the matter. Obviously you are more passive on the matter. I am that way when it comes to announcers.

Most dont bother me but some really bother others. Many dont like Collinsworth, he is fine to me. There is a female announcer that to me is fine. Dont know her name. Calling a game and analyzing players, plays and strategy is different. I actually like her as an announcer...whoever she is lol.

Some men also arent worth listening to like Florio. Dont mind Sims but Florio is annoying. Dont like Greenberg....he is lame. The only reason i ever watched him was because of Golic. How Greenberg got promoted and Golic the ax is a wonder.

Cynthia is some sort of analyst and i think she is clueless. Some may like her because she is cute. She is ok there but anyone who calls a 7 point win a blowout is a little lost. Just blows me away that someone is paying her good money to be on TV to talk nonsense. Put her on the sideline with Melissa Stark and Erin Andrews.

Just my opinions.
                  I hate listening to collinsworth. Chalk in a coffee bean grinder.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That is the dumbest most misogynistic bigoted post I’ve read all year. Women aren’t smart enough to learn football? The studios are filled with men who never played pro ball, explain how they should exist. I am old enough to remember when all analysts were broadcasting experts and not football players. Today, studios are filled with ex-players who are otherwise semi-literate and can barely speak coherent sentences. They are unqualified except they are a “personality”. They are not experts at the overall game in many cases. Just in general, personality has replaced competence in society yet you post that women are incapable of analyzing football regardless of how hard she has worked, studied, and toiled to progress in the profession?

Put me down as firmly against this thinking.

and I haven’t read of a single female reporter complaining that men don’t cover up in the locker room in over a decade, I have read of players going up to female reporters and swinging their cocks at them in aggressive fashion and taunting them to cause a problem, i guess you think thats just great.
                    I have, a couple times. No dudes were swinging their dicks at them or they would be out of the league or suspended/fined,,....whichever. I've seen a couple complain that they had towels on and dropped them just not caring to cover up.
                    Well don't go in there til everybody is dressed. Shouldn't be in there period. Wait til they get out like we have to. Easy fix.

Equal treatment. Either we go in their locker room or they wait til they come out. Pretty simple.
                    However, agree we are filled with idiots analyzing the game today....male and female.

Comment

• Florida fan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

How Much does Stanley make to not release how bad he is as a head coach?

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh > TT & STALEy

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

How Much does Stanley make to not release how bad he is as a head coach?
                          Brandon Staley just doesn't have it! He got knocked out of the playoffs by a team with a losing record. I knew as soon as he said this team is going to be about relationships first that he didn't have the right stuff and we were in trouble. TT needs to go too really he should resign he's been stealing money from the Spanos.

Comment

Working...
                          X