• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think history vindicated Harbaugh and Baalke was shown to be the problem? Sort of like the AJ-Shotty battle.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I think history vindicated Harbaugh and Baalke was shown to be the problem? Sort of like the AJ-Shotty battle.

TG
      Regardless, I don’t believe the Spanos’ will hire him. And, as we all know, they like to be involved in processes like this. And keep in mind the legal matter that may tie him up with that process for two years. He plans to challenge it every step of the way to clear his name. Many foresee that taking up to two years. So why continue this matter? We’ll need a new HC before then!

Comment

• Heatmiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Somehow, Pete Caroll who did wildly more unethical things than Harbaugh is accused of left USC, had no sanctions, went right to Seattle and nary a word about what he oversaw and did. And no one talks about it at all when they talk about gum chewin' Pete. I seriously doubt Harbaugh would be prevented from coaching in the NFL for two years.

TG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Somehow, Pete Caroll who did wildly more unethical things than Harbaugh is accused of left USC, had no sanctions, went right to Seattle and nary a word about what he oversaw and did. And no one talks about it at all when they talk about gum chewin' Pete. I seriously doubt Harbaugh would be prevented from coaching in the NFL for two years.

TG
          Also went to Seattle as the VP of Football Ops and Head Coach and they hired John Schneider with kind of a loophole. Or maybe they maybe Schneider the VP as it was a promotion

But it doesn't have to be "hire the GM and let him hire the HC" -- get the right person and for Harbaugh or Hoodie - you let them pick who they want to work with. Just a little check and balance. I still think Hoodie with a QB like Herbert would be a pretty strong tandem.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

TG
            And the Spanos’ will be tickled pink about that? They’re a somewhat conservative bunch.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Ask yourself... When the Spanos hired Marty wasn't he going through strife and drama with the redskins and yet they still hired him? You post your opinions like you personally know them and know exactly what they'll do!!!

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                I prefer my HC’s being from planet earth, sorry.
                What are you talking about? Take a look at Harbaugh's players at Michigan and listen to them talk! From the outside looking in they seem to love him and look willing to run through a brick wall for him. Did you see the interview with his player who busted up his nose in that last game gush about his coach after they won!!?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

And the Spanos’ will be tickled pink about that? They’re a somewhat conservative bunch.
                  Their losers.Thats what they are.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

What are you talking about? …
                    Nothin. Nevermind.
                    (“ I don’t got to show you no stinking badges!)

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I have read from 'credible' sources (ie not some high school kid who writes for bolt beater or chargers are my country) that the Chargers had been working behind the scenes with Harbaugh for a couple months now and I think we all saw the reporting on Belicheck in process of coming to Chargers.

When Anthony Lynn was hired, my reaction was who is he and why?
                      When Brandon Staley was hired, my reaction was who is he and why?
                      Hope that is not the same reaction this time

TG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I have read from 'credible' sources (ie not some high school kid who writes for bolt beater or chargers are my country) that the Chargers had been working behind the scenes with Harbaugh for a couple months now and I think we all saw the reporting on Belicheck in process of coming to Chargers.

When Anthony Lynn was hired, my reaction was who is he and why?
                        When Brandon Staley was hired, my reaction was who is he and why?
                        Hope that is not the same reaction this time

TG
                        During the Lynn hiring process, they interviewed a bunch of defensive coaches - and I thought - after Norv and McCoy - a good change. I think they interviewed McDermott, Mike Smith (former coach of the Falcons) - I had to look it up, Dave Toub (ST coach of the Chiefs), Matt Patricia, Teryl Austin and Vance Joseph. And yet they went back to their Offense background.

2021 with Staley: the eight were Eberflus, Garrett, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Daboll, Bieniemy, Saleh and Staley. From that group, Staley was near the bottom just ahead of Brady. I just didn't think a one year wonder was the guy to hire. My top three were Daboll... than I think Saleh and Garrett.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Harbaugh - stench of scandal chasing him out of college football, hasn't coached in the NFL more than a decade - just no thank you
                          Belichick - Josh McDaniels as Herbert's OC? - fvck no

Give me a young hotshot OC who has been coaching offense in the NFL and has a proven track record.

Ben Johnson - yes
                          Kellen Moore - yes
                          Frank Smith - yes

Comment

Working...
                          X