POLL: Is it Time to Fire Vizzy? - K Dustin Hopkins Signed!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

There’s no reason for Atlanta to even do this but crazy thing is that if offered this, I think Telesco may decline because he likes Pipkins so much.

Pipkins has been brutal blocking on STs, literally his only job and still gets graded awfully by PFF.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

No way that Telesco trades for a player he gave up on and released four years ago. Although as I recall it was Anthony Lynn who made the call on Koo...I remember some quotes from him that watching Koo in practice after having that bad game led him to conclude Koo just doesn't have it. It wouldn't be the first time Lynn was wrong about a player. ("He's a backup for a reason.) But teams don't give up on a player then give up draft choices to acquire said player four years later. Ego and pride are involved. It's just not something NFL teams do.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

What quantifies as “enough”? Isn’t leading the league in most missed extra pts enough? Setting record for it as well through 5 weeks.
        I think maybe the only thing helping Vizzy right now, besides the Bolt Brass love for his "strong leg," is that he IS 6/7 on figgies...it's the PAT misses that are baffling...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          No way that Telesco trades for a player he gave up on and released four years ago. Although as I recall it was Anthony Lynn who made the call on Koo...I remember some quotes from him that watching Koo in practice after having that bad game led him to conclude Koo just doesn't have it. It wouldn't be the first time Lynn was wrong about a player. ("He's a backup for a reason.) But teams don't give up on a player then give up draft choices to acquire said player four years later. Ego and pride are involved. It's just not something NFL teams do.
          Yep...it would be like the Bolts hiring back Launchwhiffy...oh, wait a minute, the DID do that...never mind...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

There’s no reason for Atlanta to even do this but crazy thing is that if offered this, I think Telesco may decline because he likes Pipkins so much.

Pipkins has been brutal blocking on STs, literally his only job and still gets graded awfully by PFF.
            Wow...so let me get this straight:

Pip is a bust at DT...
            Pip is too weak to be an Edge...
            Pip is a fail at ST's...

So, uh, WHY IS HE STILL ON THE TEAM???

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

What quantifies as “enough”? Isn’t leading the league in most missed extra pts enough? Setting record for it as well through 5 weeks.
              I’d put enough at when he loses his second game for us.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...it would be like the Bolts hiring back Launchwhiffy...oh, wait a minute, the DID do that...never mind...
                They didn't trade a draft choice for the return of Addae, and Addae had had a successful six-year run with the Chargers, and was released only because they drafted a young stud at safety high in the draft (Adderley). Addae wasn't a failure for the Chargers who they released and then went on to star for another team. They brought back an old friend when the safety position was decimated by injuries.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

While I get the strategy, I do not think we execute it very well.

I am with you on that point. If we had better kickoff coverage, I could see doing the high, shorter kickoffs. It does not seem like we are stopping opponents well short of the 25 very often at all. And if all we are doing is picking up or losing a couple of yards either way each time, then the strategy is not worth the risk of a big return.
                  When we kick off through the end zone I’m elated.
                  And when the other team kicks off and we take a knee in the end zone I’m elated.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Teams don’t usually trade for kickers. Cannot remember it ever happening. Kickers are generally cheap and when you get a good one, you hold on to him. Otherwise you become the Chargers, looking for a kicker every season. And kickers can play a long time. So that article or tweet is for fun but not very likely to happen.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I guess we are keeping Vizcaino? Any of you have a shred of confidence in him to kick the game winner? Any of you think he has the confidence in himself to?
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I guess we are keeping Vizcaino? Any of you have a shred of confidence in him to kick the game winner? Any of you think he has the confidence in himself to?
                        I have 0 confidence in him kicking a game winner. I have about 25% confidence in him making a PAT. That would go up to about 50% if it were the old style PAT's from the 2 yard line.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          I guess we are keeping Vizcaino? Any of you have a shred of confidence in him to kick the game winner?
                          Give me a minute to think about that no.

Comment

Working...
                          X