• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'm right there with you. He's a perfect fit for what they need. I've been talking about him since late last season as a possible running mate to Ekeler. And TT did used to love signing Colts.:whistlin:
    I'm down with Mack

Comment

• SmokinThatHerby
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2022
      • Send PM

What's up with Patterson? What is he wanting money wise? He would be devastating with Ek in the backfield, multi-purpose all day. With recent signings, he may want too much.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SmokinThatHerby View Post
        What's up with Patterson? What is he wanting money wise? He would be devastating with Ek in the backfield, multi-purpose all day. With recent signings, he may want too much.
        Huge fan of Patterson. Ive wanted him for 3 years now. lol

Welcome to the Blues.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Who will be the best RB left in the 3rd ?

Comment

• Z_Bee
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Am I the one of the few (only) that would like to have Rashaad Penny? I guess I have too much of the SDSU bias?

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Z_Bee View Post
              Am I the one of the few (only) that would like to have Rashaad Penny? I guess I have too much of the SDSU bias?
              I want penny too
              he is young fresh legs and power back perfect compliment to ekeler or fournette too

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Z_Bee View Post
                I wouldn’t hate Penny on the team and yeah I love the SDSU connection. I guess I just have more faith in Mack who has been a top back in the league and put up big seasons. The injury risk seems similar. Overall I like the idea of a veteran back who can come in and immediately contribute at a high level and preferably a 1b situation to AE.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I wouldn’t hate Penny on the team and yeah I love the SDSU connection. I guess I just have more faith in Mack who has been a top back in the league and put up big seasons. The injury risk seems similar. Overall I like the idea of a veteran back who can come in and immediately contribute at a high level and preferably a 1b situation to AE.
                  We need a vet like Penny and a young stud rookie to rotate with Ekler(who is only RB on roster who is a long term keeper, JJ is just too fragile and lacks the power we need)..... this way Ekler will likely stay healthier.....

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

We need a vet like Penny and a young stud rookie to rotate with Ekler(who is only RB on roster who is a long term keeper, JJ is just too fragile and lacks the power we need)..... this way Ekler will likely stay healthier.....
                    I loved Penny while he was at SDSU but if you are concerned about JJ being fragile, Penny has missed 27 games in the past 4 years because of injury and not being in very good shape. I'd be fine with a incentive laden contract for him to prove himself but there are a lot of red flags with him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I loved Penny while he was at SDSU but if you are concerned about JJ being fragile, Penny has missed 27 games in the past 4 years because of injury and not being in very good shape. I'd be fine with a incentive laden contract for him to prove himself but there are a lot of red flags with him.
                      Same sentiment, but a healthy Penny is better than a healthy JJ. I do prefer availability in a backup RB, vs. big play potential.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

We need a RB that has the ability to come in and be the guy if Ek goes down or misses games, or come in on the 3 and or 4th down play when we need 1 to 2 yards for a 1st . Penny or Marlon Mack would fit this role perfectly... I don't think a rookie RB makes sense at this point. Rountree is probably a better option than a rookie.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Huge fan of Patterson. Ive wanted him for 3 years now. lol

Welcome to the Blues.
                          Patterson would be excellent - Runner, Receiver Returner - checks a lot of boxes
                          not much wear and tear at RB either

My other choice would be Penny on a James Conner type deal - cheap one year prove it deal

Comment

Working...
                          X