• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Pains me to have to take this thread down soon. I will likely unstick it when the roster is announced. Id like the new discussion regarding the roster to take place in a our main charger 2022/23 thread. When that is created. Or i might just use the Camp thread as our official start of the season thread and change the title. Has a nice little foundation of posts. And it was started by Bolt O who is battling. Its MOJO marinated.
    Ack...don't keep the Camp thread stuck on my behalf, I just unstuck it and promoted the Raiders thread. Lets use the initial 53 roster announcement as the new Roster Build. PCa for me is more of a chronic condition.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Ack...don't keep the Camp thread stuck on my behalf, I just unstuck it and promoted the Raiders thread. Lets use the initial 53 roster announcement as the new Roster Build. PCa for me is more of a chronic condition.
      Ok sounds like you have a plan. Ill just roll with it. Aloha braddah.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        I predict Sarell will have a job on Wednesday morning. The need at OT is that great in the league.
        Might they keep him over Jaimes? I thought he had a better PS, though I’m not as good an evaluator as many here. The projected chart above lists Jaimes as G/T - i don’t think he can play NFL OT at this point in his development. I don’t think he can play OG well at this point.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Sarell was fairly decent in the preseason games. I was surprised and he showed some potential. But man, did he get humiliated going against Taco Charlton.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Sarell was fairly decent in the preseason games. I was surprised and he showed some potential. But man, did he get humiliated going against Taco Charlton.

TG
            I'll admit I didn't focus on Sarell specifically but every time I noticed him it was for something bad.
            I think we keep Jaimes by default for, (say it with me) "continuity"
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Taco is his kryptonite, it happens. Storm’s is anyone.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I predict Sarell will have a job on Wednesday morning. The need at OT is that great in the league.
                I'm rooting for Sarell...I think Sarell beats out Bailey easily...Bailey allowed a lot of pressures, whereas Sarell held up better...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm rooting for Sarell...I think Sarell beats out Bailey easily...Bailey allowed a lot of pressures, whereas Sarell held up better...
                  Bailey is a non-factor in this equation, he might as well be gone already. Its more between Sarell and Jaimes now i think. Like 21&500, i wasn’t focused on him and only seemed to notice when he got beat. Apparently PFFFfffffft thought better of him than i did, and idunno - they could be right. Bailey was a complete mess.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sarell should be a keeper.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Sarell should be a keeper.
                      They can’t get away with stashing him on practice squad forever. Imagine a few teams have their Scouting Department eye on him to solve tackle need.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Sarell's problem coming out of college is he tends to play high and while he has good footwork early in his drops, he tends to get a little sloppy at the end. Taco is trying to win a job and probably did a little film study on Sarrell, and when he saw him playing high, probably wanted to test him. That being said, Sarell faced several speed-to-power and bull rushes, so he may be getting over his issues.

Remember that teams don't just rely on preseason games to make their decisions. They get a very good look at what a guy is capable in practice, where the defensive guys get to see a guy day after day. TC can expose a guy in ways that don't often show up in PS games, since the opposition doesn't spend much time studying you (usually not at all). PS games are (usually) pure athletic contests, where you don't help out players, you don't scheme around their weaknesses, but with DL rotating in and out, and some team flip-flopping guys to strength, players don't necessarily get to figure out the guy in front of them. So, while Sarell may look great to us (and I agree he did), it may not be enough depending on how he looked in TC.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

They can’t get away with stashing him on practice squad forever. Imagine a few teams have their Scouting Department eye on him to solve tackle need.
                          LVR has a huge tackle need, lets not send him to our opponent 5 days before the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X