• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A few people complain about how slow Josh Palmer is and he ran a 4.51 40. Bandy ran a 4.62 40. So yes, slow by NFL standards.
    His attribute isn’t speed. We all know that. He gets open. That’s what we like and need

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      @ 2:55 Stephen A. goes off on Renaldo Hill for the Chargers poor defense. He opines the Chargers are still the biggest threat to the Chiefs and Bills in the AFC, but has some choice words for Hill for having a defense with Mack and James that is 30th in the league.

Thanks Stephen. But it’s Brandon who should get roasted

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Proposed tweet to Keenan: WTF are YOU doing?
        He borrowed Staley’s book, Analytics for Beginners, and trying to get healthy for Denver.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          @ 2:55 Stephen A. goes off on Renaldo Hill for the Chargers poor defense. He opines the Chargers are still the biggest threat to the Chiefs and Bills in the AFC, but has some choice words for Hill for having a defense with Mack and James that is 30th in the league.

I like it! Most lay blame on our HC, who was a leading DC a few years ago but give our Defensive Coordinator a pass.
          It's mutual But Staley's guilt lies mostly with choosing and sticking with Hill. who is definitely on the hot seat.
          The DC doesn't get a pass for an unexpectedly weak product just because his HC is a former DC.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I like it! Most lay blame on our HC, who was a leading DC a few years ago but give our Defensive Coordinator a pass.
            It's mutual But Staley's guilt lies mostly with choosing and sticking with Hill. who is definitely on the hot seat.
            The DC doesn't get a pass for an unexpectedly weak product just because his HC is a former DC.
            The DC is using the defense that Staley pushes and since Staley thinks of himself as a DC guru, that's the only way Hill can do it.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The DC is using the defense that Staley pushes and since Staley thinks of himself as a DC guru, that's the only way Hill can do it.
              And Staley hired a guy that will follow his orders. This is all on Staley

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Speed or missed defensive assignment? Hard to say.
                I think the D ran a zone so he found an open spot. Spots that only accurate QBs can hit without getting intercepted.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

His attribute isn’t speed. We all know that. He gets open. That’s what we like and need
                  Twitchy is the right word to describe him.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I've missed those announcements. Help a guy out with a link please. All I've seen or heard is chatter around and about him.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I've missed those announcements. Help a guy out with a link please. All I've seen or heard is chatter around and about him.
                      Sorry Jim, I don't save old links in a box somewhere, do you? If you're saying you haven't heard him talking about defense and haven't noticed that he thinks he runs a different (better) defense than most do, I can't imagine how you have missed that.

When they hired him and started talking about the number one defense of the Rams, I immediately wondered if it was #1 because of his coaching or because that team had some of the best players in the league. It must be a lot easier to coach great players.

So, this off-season the team got him some great players for this defense and I expected this to be a great defense. I even said it he can't win with this crew he's not a good HC. I still feel like that. I hoped that he would turn our team into a really outstanding team with the best, or one of the best defenses in the NFL. I had visions of him growing into a great coach. I thought how Belichick was poor at first (in Cleveland) but grew into a HC with multiple SB wins.

I'm still hoping for that but I've lost some confidence in that ever happening. He needs to get these good players he has on this years defense playing like a well-oiled machine or he'll be another of those first-time HC's that get fired. I hope he can do it and I hope he leads the Bolts to multiple SB's even though I know I won't be here to see it.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Didn’t staley himself say he calls the defensive plays? Not sure how hill gets blamed when his job is to rubber stamp staley’s schemes…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Sorry Jim, I don't save old links in a box somewhere, do you? If you're saying you haven't heard him talking about defense and haven't noticed that he thinks he runs a different (better) defense than most do, I can't imagine how you have missed that.

When they hired him and started talking about the number one defense of the Rams, I immediately wondered if it was #1 because of his coaching or because that team had some of the best players in the league. It must be a lot easier to coach great players.

So, this off-season the team got him some great players for this defense and I expected this to be a great defense. I even said it he can't win with this crew he's not a good HC. I still feel like that. I hoped that he would turn our team into a really outstanding team with the best, or one of the best defenses in the NFL. I had visions of him growing into a great coach. I thought how Belichick was poor at first (in Cleveland) but grew into a HC with multiple SB wins.

I'm still hoping for that but I've lost some confidence in that ever happening. He needs to get these good players he has on this years defense playing like a well-oiled machine or he'll be another of those first-time HC's that get fired. I hope he can do it and I hope he leads the Bolts to multiple SB's even though I know I won't be here to see it.
                          I think the defense will improve as some guys get healthy and come back from IR, but how much? I’ve also become skeptical of staley’s scheme, it’s the single biggest issue I have with him, I expected a top 12-13 defense at the very least and so far that hasn’t materialized…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X