POLL: Will TT Pick Up Tillery's 5th Year Option?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Does this site have further breakdown like the distance on 3rd down and which team was on defense?
    It's a filterable database but the filters don't stay in place when you post a link. For the most part, yes it has it but I can't say for certain on any individual filter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Prove to me that the distance has to be very long on 3rd down. Show me the breakdown otherwise you’re full of nonsense like usual.
      Read posts numbered 81, 85, 87, 89, 91, 94, 100, 101 and 105.

You inability to comprehend the evidentiary significance of the content of those posts is not my problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        According to the sharpfootballstats.com database in 2021 teams ran on 3rd and long 13.2% of the time and were successful on 23% of runs. Teams were successful on 28% of passes.
        It is amazing that teams were nearly as successfully at running the ball on third and long as they were passing it across the league as a whole. And those stats do not even tell us if those unsuccessful runs created a situation on 4th down in which the offense could go for it (a.k.a., successful "unsuccessful runs").

Factor in our poor run defense and Tillery's poor run defending in particular and it is easy to see that the running game would likely be even more successful against us in those situations, which our other run defense numbers also indicate is likely.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Read posts numbered 81, 85, 87, 89, 91, 94, 100, 101 and 105.

You inability to comprehend the evidentiary significance of the content of those posts is not my problem.
          Your inability to actually provide evidence and instead stupidly pivot to something else entirely is not my problem.

Comment

Your inability to actually provide evidence and instead stupidly pivot to something else entirely is not my problem.
            I think this sums up your analytical prowess:

veryourhead:

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I think this sums up your analytical prowess:

veryourhead:
              Said the person who can’t even read statistics:

With a hat tip to Velo, do you think Tom Telesco going to pick up the 5th year option on Jerry Tillery? Telesco has until Monday (May 2) to decide. Tillery would make $10.753 mil in 2023 guaranteed under the 5th year option (His 2022 salary would be guaranteed too I think.), according to this source: https://nfltraderumors.co/20

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

:stirpot:
                Think they can put Jerry out there on 3rd and long.
                Situations of 8yd or more per this football outsiders article.
                Which routes and coverages work best when the offense needs to pick up big yardage in one play? And which individuals played best and worst in those situations?
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

Said the person who can’t even read statistics:

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...52#post1347652
                  Assuming that equivocation properly stated the stat he cited, you are delusional. What part of a 23% success rate running the ball being almost as successful as a 28% success rate passing the ball do you not understand?

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

In general, you want the opposing offense to run on 3rd and long. If they do run, it's usually up to the second and third levels to get the stop as it's likely some sort of draw or delay.

I can't believe this has to be said.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Assuming that equivocation properly stated the stat he cited, you are delusional. What part of a 23% success rate running the ball being almost as successful as a 28% success rate passing the ball do you not understand?
                      What part of running 13.2% of the time do you not understand?

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        In general, you want the opposing offense to run on 3rd and long. If they do run, it's usually up to the second and third levels to get the stop as it's likely some sort of draw or delay.

I can't believe this has to be said.
                        Apparently it does.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          :stirpot:
                          Think they can put Jerry out there on 3rd and long.
                          Situations of 8yd or more per this football outsiders article.
                          Obviously lol

Running the ball obviously is not common on third-and-long, and only quarterback scrambles have a positive EPA on average. Even draw plays -- which might be thought of as a better run type in these situations, designed to catch the defense off-guard -- produce a -0.11 EPA and 23 percent Positive%, similar to other basic zone runs.

Comment

Working...
                          X