Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

If you think Derwin isn’t a game changer then go watch the Texans game again. Without him we couldn’t even stop Rex Burkhead.
    I would've like to see Derwin slow down the Raiders' run game in Week 18. There is a video of him getting trucked by an OL on a long run by a Raiders' RB for a 1st down that should have been a stop. It was a turning point in the game.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Now tell me the lotto numbers
      Not sharing my money with you lol.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        Guys, every single Ian Rappaport tweet is a troll fest in the comments. Every single one.
        Sing U Mad Bro GIF by Travis

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Regarding this extension. This is how I actually feel

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

There are very few players who can go out and lock down Travis Kelce on one snap and then lock down Tyreek Hill on the next. Derwin James is one.

Sometimes the negativity here astounds me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Great news!

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

There are very few players who can go out and lock down Travis Kelce on one snap and then lock down Tyreek Hill on the next. Derwin James is one.

Sometimes the negativity here astounds me.
                I like Derwin and feel fortunate he fell to the Chargers in 2018. I'm glad they got the deal done. However, I do feel he's a bit overrated, the hype by some on this board does not match reality. The reality is that the defense, while not very good in 2020 missing Derwin, was better than the 2021 defense with Derwin. I don't see where he has been the game-changer his boosters tout him to be. I'm glad we have him locked up for the next four years. But you can't blame me for holding onto a shred of skepticism until this defense starts performing at a high level.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

It's August 17, 2022

Mark it down - it's the day the Chargers start their run to the first Super Bowl Championship for the franchise!!

GO BOLTS!!
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• boldarblood
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Guys, every single Ian Rappaport tweet is a troll fest in the comments. Every single one.
                    That's just the other side wishing they don't have to face one of, if not the best overall Safety in the league. It's also jealousy, most teams don't have that talented of a safety.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I would've like to see Derwin slow down the Raiders' run game in Week 18. There is a video of him getting trucked by an OL on a long run by a Raiders' RB for a 1st down that should have been a stop. It was a turning point in the game.
                      There are probably 130 Safeties in the league. All 130 are going to lose a battle with an OL 1 on 1.

Comment

• boldarblood
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I like Derwin and feel fortunate he fell to the Chargers in 2018. I'm glad they got the deal done. However, I do feel he's a bit overrated, the hype by some on this board does not match reality. The reality is that the defense, while not very good in 2020 missing Derwin, was better than the 2021 defense with Derwin. I don't see where he has been the game-changer his boosters tout him to be. I'm glad we have him locked up for the next four years. But you can't blame me for holding onto a shred of skepticism until this defense starts performing at a high level.
                        My only issue with that, is I feel that NFL is more team orientated than most sports. Defense is a sum of its total parts. Last year we concentrated on OL and ST. Our Defense was a lot of Lynn system fit players, and some parts completely lacking in talent (IDL in particular). Throw in a new Coaching Regime, switching from a base 4-3 to a 3-4 - not everyone fits. I think we see an even better James this season, we have more Staleyesque players so to say, and the talent is clearly better.

He was already top 5 or better in a significant amount of categories. I think he has the ability to improve on that. just an alternative pov.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Besides the stats below, there’s so many other things that he does for the team.

https://theathletic.com/3516341/2022...ract-chargers/

James is coming off one of his best seasons in terms of pass coverage. He only yielded a 63.7 passer rating when targeted and allowed a 56.7 completion percentage, via Pro Football Reference. Both totals are single-season career bests for James. He also became a more productive tackler when given the chance with 118 total tackles and a 7.1 percent missed tackle rate in 2021, which are two more single-season career bests.

James rated very well in Sports Info Solutions’ “Total Points Saved” metric as well last season. He ranked fourth among all safeties in the category only behind the TitansKevin Byard, the Cardinals’ Jalen Thompson and the Buccaneers’ Antoine Winfield.

Comment

Working...
                          X