Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derwin James "Hold-in" - SIGNED 4 Years $76.4M

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #97
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    It’s Derwin’s bday today. Would be good to wrap up a big check with a bow
    Lance Alworth's, too. Happy birthday to both.
     

    Comment


    • #98
      Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      It’s Derwin’s bday today. Would be good to wrap up a big check with a bow
      Or wrap a bow up with a big check...

      Comment


      • #99
        Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

        Lance Alworth's, too. Happy birthday to both.
        I heart this pic of him with Wes Chandler and Charlie Joiner about 5 years ago. Bambi is in his eighties now and still strong and vital, after the all the punishment he took back in the days when DBs could get away with a lot of abuse on WRs. First AFL player to be inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

        CwcJafUUQAAnbkL?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

        Comment


        • “Best player on defense”. There wasn’t much competition for that title.

          Comment


          • I think the longer this drags on the more guaranteed money he's going to get. I thought $50 mil guaranteed was maybe the middle ground but he may walk away with $75 mil guaranteed.

            Comment


            • Comment


              • It’s not Derwin as much as the agent he’s hired (David Mulugheta). Dude is bad news. Gets over the top resolutions for his clients (Deshaun Watson) to detriment to team salary structure. That’s specifically, what the hold up is.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  It’s not Derwin as much as the agent he’s hired (David Mulugheta). Dude is bad news. Gets over the top resolutions for his clients (Deshaun Watson) to detriment to team salary structure. That’s specifically, what the hold up is.
                  I can see why the team wouldn't want to give him a boatload of guaranteed money. The health hasn't been there to justify it as a good investment. They'll eventually be able to find a middle ground because Derwin wants to be here.

                  Comment


                  • Bring in AJ to smooth things out and make a deal

                    Comment


                    • Derwin James Jr. sat out his 10th straight practice because of contract negotiations. Said Staley: “A huge part of me wishes that he was out here. It would make everybody a lot better. But this is just part of the process. This is a big thing for him and we’re working through it, and we’ve done a really good job, as an organization and with his team, of working through it together. I can’t imagine it going any better. Things are going really well. We’ll make sure that we let you know when something happens.”

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post

                        I can see why the team wouldn't want to give him a boatload of guaranteed money. The health hasn't been there to justify it as a good investment. They'll eventually be able to find a middle ground because Derwin wants to be here.
                        DJ played 36 out of 65 games his 1st 4 years. He's a top player who has had injury issues. It's a tough contract to get right for both sides.
                        Meanwhile we're getting better at playing without him which was also a need, signed or not.
                        It looked like it would "get done soon" 10 days ago. Not so much today. Agent Mulugheta is a fast rising top money maker in his field.
                        I'm not holding my breath.

                        Comment


                        • It's sure dragged on a lot longer than we expected. It's getting worrisome.
                          Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X