2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NashBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think QJ was a reach. He went around the area he was projected. He just wasnt my first choice for us but im ok with the pick.
    Agree, QJ was not a reach. He was the #1 or #2 receiver in this draft depending on which board you look at. He wasnt my choice at #21 but I can see now why the Chargers picked him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Telesco conservative approach allows other teams, who understand their needs, ample opportunity to jump ahead or select player whom they like as well and take then off the board.

Seattle crushed the bolts on the field end of last season when Chargers needed a win (37-23) yet still picking ahead in draft
      selecting player after player better than the Chargers, very frustrating.
      JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA
      DERICK HALL
      ZACH CHARBONNET

SEA had 2 R1 picks before us at 21 and they had two R2 picks before us at 54, 10 total, and you’re bitching they might have a better draft? They got the extras by raping DEN, which is a great thing for LAC unless you care more about the NFCW than the AFCW.

I’d rather have QJ than JSN. Disagree.
      Derek Hall was picked 18 picks before our #54. Did you want TT to give away all of our picks to jump ahead of them?
      Charb looks like a good RB, tbd if he runs too upright. But they already had a good RB so other than distributing work load what did they advance? That one is a head scratcher to me. I love the Henley pick, he’s a goddamn football player and is gonna surprise alot of folks around here.

hope you resolve your frustration issues … sending positive thoughts …
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        Chargers biggest offensive problem was getting short yardage on 3rd down in the run game. 3 rounds and they are sitting pat with the same personnel from last year.
        Coaching solves that problem.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Darnell visited the Steelers in person before the draft. I’m sure they looked closely at the injuries and sought medical opinions versus relying on rumors.

The LB we got in the 3rd round was injured in college and missed games. Years ago the Chargers drafted a fast coverage LB who’s only knock was he was undersized. He got injured too often and never panned out.

It will be interesting to follow Darnell’s career but when Steelers lineup with their two big TE formation of Washington and Frehmuth in the Redzone, who are both great blockers, it will be terrifying for defenses as opposed to our porous easily overrun OL’s.

We'll see. Steelers OL was crap and they got a OT and now Washington. They want to run the ball with a young QB developing. Najee Harris was getting beat up last season.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

In games that count, on the field, Chargers are losing to the Seahawks. Is it coaching or GM?
            Injuries. Also it was one game last year.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

In games that count, on the field, Chargers are losing to the Seahawks. Is it coaching or GM?
              They have played four times since 2010.....What "games" are we discussing besides 2022??? 2010, 2014, 2018??? We have split the last 4 at 2-2. I don't get the twist to fit the narrative here.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Henley played 12 games last 2 years by my count?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ley-1/gamelog/
                He was projected as a 3rd round pick! Spent 6 years in college and has a total of 4 sacks and 147 total tackles with injury history, this could be a classic TT 3rd round pick, and if we miss the playoffs this seaon and he doesn't contribute... It is. Today I don't like the pick, if he comes into camp and kills it I'll change my mind.

In looking at who was on the board in the 3rd, IE Jordan Battle, Jiayir Brown, Tank Bigsby, Ricky Stromberg, Siaki Ika, Dorian Williams.... I think MAYBE any of these players would have been a better pick. But TT knows better than I. I hope.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I knew he was a former safety!

The Chargers' two Day 2 picks, Tuli Tuipulotu and Daiyan Henley, both grew up in the LA area and impressed at the team's local pro day.

Henley has a lot of the traits the Chargers look for in linebackers. Like Tranquill and former Charger Kyzir White, Henley is a converted defensive back. He played two years of nickel and safety at Nevada before switching to linebacker. Henley is a tremendous athlete with a 4.52 40-yard dash, a 37.5-inch vertical anda 10.5-foot broad jump. And he is a sure-handed tackler who racked up at least 100 tackles in his final two college seasons — 2021 at Nevada and 2022 at Washington State. Henley transferred to Washington State, taking advantage of his extra year of eligibility due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Chargers biggest offensive problem was getting short yardage on 3rd down in the run game. 3 rounds and they are sitting pat with the same personnel from last year.
                    Draft isnt over, Four rounds to go. Hoping for Rochon in round 4. Not sure what you expect after 3 rounds, we have holes all over at depth. I wasnt a fan of drafting Washington so im good. Not really a TE left that id be stoked to get but i do like Whyle. Kuntz is a project so id pass.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

He was projected as a 3rd round pick! Spent 6 years in college and has a total of 4 sacks and 147 total tackles with injury history, this could be a classic TT 3rd round pick, and if we miss the playoffs this seaon and he doesn't contribute... It is. Today I don't like the pick, if he comes into camp and kills it I'll change my mind.
                      He’s a projected 3rd round pick that got drafted in the 3rd round. What’s the problem?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Start of Round 4, Chargers pick #125, 23 picks from now.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Wide receiver or running back at #125?

Comment

Working...
                          X