• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Here’s hoping Lombo’s replacement is as good as the ST replacement.

It’s possible. Lombo set an incredibly low bar.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post

So this means we are stuck with stalebread. Ugggh.
      Nobody that follows this team closely seriously thought we would be fired, did they?

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Tom Telesco: I don’t see any extra pressure this year

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-telesco...105548879.html

Neither do I. As a matter of fact, the season is over, the squad shit the bed again and you still have a job you have not earned.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Definitely not a Brendan Nugent fan so I would not be unhappy with getting rid of him as well as our RB coach Derrick Foster.
          Yes, clean house on the OL coaching side.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Nice that this happened quickly. I would guess with the chance to coach Herbert, Chargers would be the top destination for an OC looking to move.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Both sides of the ball suffered significant injuries. However the Dolphin game to me showed what Staley is capable of scheme wise. We were all convinced Hill and Waddle would run all over this team. No Bosa and basically no DTs. I never saw any offensive scheme changes with Keenan and Mike missing sporadically. Just the same old stuff over and over.
                The offense had more significant injuries this year with Keenan, Guyton and MW all missing significant time, Herbert injured and Slater out. There were several games with only Ekeler as a playmaker. Still, Lombardi was terrible and I’m glad he’s gone but let’s not pretend that the defense was a bright spot. In 2 years the defensive genius hasn’t made any improvement to run stopping or overall defensive production. Let’s not be fooled by a 4 game streak against poor teams. They gave up a 27-0 lead

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Nobody that follows this team closely seriously thought we would be fired, did they?
                  Nope. With the way it ended, we knew that Staley would be here in 2023. While lot's of guys wanted his head, there is no platter to be had. Now I am glad they are looking for an OC sooner than later. Pre FA and draft will make this person more involved with his tools for 2023 and beyond (I hope). Just get someone that knows Justin can sneak the ball for a yard rather than run some idiotic complicated motion, reverse, double XY whammy bullshit.

We don't need to be complicated.......just regularly efficient.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The offense had more significant injuries this year with Keenan, Guyton and MW all missing significant time, Herbert injured and Slater out. There were several games with only Ekeler as a playmaker. Still, Lombardi was terrible and I’m glad he’s gone but let’s not pretend that the defense was a bright spot. In 2 years the defensive genius hasn’t made any improvement to run stopping or overall defensive production. Let’s not be fooled by a 4 game streak against poor teams. They gave up a 27-0 lead
                    I would like to see Brandon give up defensive play calling duties and let his DC run things.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      download.jpg

And? You are FAR from finished, Deano. What's the contract status with this useless turd?
                      ala toupee trump..."you're FIRED!" are hopefully the words coming out of deano's mouth.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

No. I agree with you. Sean Payton was a pipe dream. Even though I’m still pissed at several bonehead decisions he made, he kept the team motivated through the injuries and deserves one more year with a new OC.

Replacing Lombo should be a layup in terms of improving the team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Lombardi and Day, both fired.

Comment

Working...
                          X