• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Either Staley shit cans Lamebo or he's as lame as his OC.If he is too good of a pal to Staley then they both need to go.
    If the Spani follow past practice, they first have to sign Staley to a 3-year extension, and THEN they fire him...

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Staley is going to live and die with Lombardi (from Popper):
      I still like Staley.

But it is more likely that he will die in this case...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

I'd like to see some speed added. It's not like any WR is fast enough to run a quality jet sweep. Or take a WR screen to the house. Or run past the defense on a go route.

No speed on offense is a bad idea.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

In 2020, we have 2 speedy WR and I think the passing offense looked pretty good.

In 2021, we cut 1 so only one remains. In my opinion, the passing offense did not look as exciting as 2020.

Even with 1 speedy WR, we didn't make use of him much anyway. Thus, no speedy WR was added in this off season...

Now we have none.

I doubt we will add any since we did not make use of them much anyway...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post
            In 2020, we have 2 speedy WR and I think the passing offense looked pretty good.

In 2021, we cut 1 so only one remains. In my opinion, the passing offense did not look as exciting as 2020.

Even with 1 speedy WR, we didn't make use of him much anyway. Thus, no speedy WR was added in this off season...

Now we have none.

I doubt we will add any since we did not make use of them much anyway...

Go Bolts!!!
            Remember the year before 2020? 2019. When the team went 5-11. The team didn't have any speed that time either. The one WR who did have speed, Travis Benjamin, was useless at that point. The team had to rely on the likes of Andre Patton. Someone who seems to be forgotten about.

The last time this team made the playoffs, 2018, they had speed with Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin when he wasn't useless. When this was the case, opposing defenses had to account for them getting into the deep part of the field. Yeah having speed matters.

I don't think Lombardi is the one making the decisions on what player gets to be on the roster, though he has input on what he likes. Ultimately, it's Staley who has the say.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Remember the year before 2020? 2019. When the team went 5-11. The team didn't have any speed that time either. The one WR who did have speed, Travis Benjamin, was useless at that point. The team had to rely on the likes of Andre Patton. Someone who seems to be forgotten about.

The last time this team made the playoffs, 2018, they had speed with Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin when he wasn't useless. When this was the case, opposing defenses had to account for them getting into the deep part of the field. Yeah having speed matters.

I don't think Lombardi is the one making the decisions on what player gets to be on the roster, though he has input on what he likes. Ultimately, it's Staley who has the say.
              Staley and Telesco

No speed. Guyton gets injured - doesn't replace him. Allen, Williams are out - who does he bring up, Michael Bandy. That guy is not good enough. Hell I would rather see Hightower if he is faster - just tell him to run a go route and see if Herbert can get him the ball

Lombo needs to be fired though. ZERO feel for the game

Again last night, ekeler not in the game near the goal line. Just run the damn ball - trying to get cute

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                Staley and Telesco

No speed. Guyton gets injured - doesn't replace him. Allen, Williams are out - who does he bring up, Michael Bandy. That guy is not good enough. Hell I would rather see Hightower if he is faster - just tell him to run a go route and see if Herbert can get him the ball

Lombo needs to be fired though. ZERO feel for the game

Again last night, ekeler not in the game near the goal line. Just run the damn ball - trying to get cute
                There is a reason they prefer Bandy to 'speed' guys ..... Lombo doesn't value speed as much as guys being able to be in the right place.

I don't have a problem with this, by itself.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

There is a reason they prefer Bandy to 'speed' guys ..... Lombo doesn't value speed as much as guys being able to be in the right place.

I don't have a problem with this, by itself.
                  I don't believe that
                  I think Lombo was speaking the company line as he has no speed

Nobody can tell me that Lombo wouldn't like a fast dude like Waddle on the outside that can create separation

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Derwin, Bosa (missed many games), Okung, Pouncey, King (game dropped off the cliff), Adrian Phillips (missed most games)......a lot of components were missing in 2019.

That's like a decade of Chief injuries piled into one season.:woot:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't believe that
                      I think Lombo was speaking the company line as he has no speed

Nobody can tell me that Lombo wouldn't like a fast dude like Waddle on the outside that can create separation
                      The option isn't between Waddle or nobody.

Tons of 2nd/3rd rate wide receivers with speed, who are available and could have good/decent years if fit properly into an offense.
                      That they never go that route (Carter was a kickoff/punt receiver with potential as a 4rth/5th option), is telling

Ask Chaincrusher: the one 4.45 guy ran more short out patterns than anything.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Lombo is working the P.R. route when he mentions about how limited they are on speed.

Actually, he shouldn't freeking advertise it ..... it would be like Mike McCoy advertising Rivers disc injury in 2014.

Lombo needs to go at the end of the year.:goofylol:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I just looked up the Detroit Lions rushing stats in 2014: Lombo's first year.

total rushing attempts: 396

total yards: 1422

YPC: 3.6

B.L.E (before Lombo era - 2013)

total rushing attempts: 445

total yards: 1792

YPC: 4.0

* the 2013 & 2014 Lion's offensive lion and main running backs were identical.

Tell me how it is offensive linemen who can't block again!

Comment

Working...
                          X