• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

My point was the focus on the play calling as the reason we lost is misguided. We lost because we made one more mistake than they did. Yes, this has been a plague on this franchise for a long time and it has happened so much we even have the Chargering name for it. But in the end it is only one game. The Raiders lost to us because they made more mistakes than we did. I still think we have a lot of reasons to be optimistic for this season, assuming Herbert doesn’t miss extended time. We will certainly have no fear playing them again.
    Agree with you totally, Herbert needs to be healthy. And Linsley as there was a huge difference. But the defense I think is better at getting off the field

Running game is still a concern. But not sure the Chargers will ever be a team to "establish" the run since you have Herbert so why waste possessions. But the chargers had a few chances and didn't do it. All three phases - offense, defense and special teams.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

My point was the focus on the play calling as the reason we lost is misguided. We lost because we made one more mistake than they did. Yes, this has been a plague on this franchise for a long time and it has happened so much we even have the Chargering name for it. But in the end it is only one game. The Raiders lost to us because they made more mistakes than we did. I still think we have a lot of reasons to be optimistic for this season, assuming Herbert doesn’t miss extended time. We will certainly have no fear playing them again.
      I applaud your optimism. It’s one game but one game that fits the narrative of this franchise too cleanly to ignore. Critical mistakes and missed opportunities have plagued this franchise for years and years. It’s who we are. It’s what we’re known for. The hope is always that somebody will lead us out of this malaise and good men have sacrificed careers to try and do it but it hasn’t happened. Staley is getting that dear in the headlights look. The one where u can’t believe what just transpired. It’s discouraging

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

You made some valid points about individual plays that influenced the game but if you zoom out and evaluate the defense has played extraordinarily great for 8 quarters this season.

The offense has only played well for 4. It’s a tell that the offense has sucked in the second half of both games.

The buck has to stop somewhere and I blame Lombardi for being a piss poor game manager when in game adjustments are required.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

You made some valid points about individual plays that influenced the game but if you zoom out and evaluate the defense has played extraordinarily great for 8 quarters this season.

The offense has only played well for 4. It’s a tell that the offense has sucked in the second half of both games.

The buck has to stop somewhere and I blame Lombardi for being a piss poor game manager when in game adjustments are required.
          We’re not scoring points the way we should and the offense doesn’t have any rhythm.

we lack a weapon or two. We have no RB 1/2. Ek can’t do it. We failed to find a back up/co-1 again.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We’re not scoring points the way we should and the offense doesn’t have any rhythm.

we lack a weapon or two. We have no RB 1/2. Ek can’t do it. We failed to find a back up/co-1 again.
            I think we are fine at RB. Ek needs to be used more efficiently, not as a bruiser on 3rd and short. Kelley has looked good in limited action. Michel is a solid vet. Spiller needs to get some action.

I think it's becoming obvious that WR is a big need next year. KA is aging and becoming more injury prone. MW is a beast but nobody else has stepped up yet.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I think we are fine at RB. Ek needs to be used more efficiently, not as a bruiser on 3rd and short. Kelley has looked good in limited action. Michel is a solid vet. Spiller needs to get some action.

I think it's becoming obvious that WR is a big need next year. KA is aging and becoming more injury prone. MW is a beast but nobody else has stepped up yet.
              KA got injured doing nothing but running a route. That’s Charger luck

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Lombo's lame playcalling led to some of those mistakes...

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lombo's lame playcalling led to some of those mistakes...
                  His play calling had nothing to do with the two dropped interceptions, the bad overturned interception by the refs, the phantom penalty that took away another interception, the D allowing a 52 yard run where we needed a stop, and a myriad of other items that led to the loss. The fixation on blaming Lombo for everything is misguided. The reality is that Mahomes threw what should have been 4 interceptions and we would have won going away. But we are the Chargers and it didn't go our way.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I’m starting to come around on the Lombardi criticizm, I think herbert and our WRs have really masked a lot of his stupidity. That trick play earlier in the game, the running no huddle on 1st and goal when one of your guys is asking to come out, the hurry up QB sneak last week from almost two yards out on and on, yeah I’m definitely starting to see why stafford had one of his worst stretches under lombardi and why the lions fired his stupid fucking ass mid season…he’s forcing herbert to play like a fucking guy that couldn’t throw the ball downfield the last few years of his career, it’s making steichen and pip hamilton look like fucking geniuses the longer it goes on…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

His play calling had nothing to do with the two dropped interceptions, the bad overturned interception by the refs, the phantom penalty that took away another interception, the D allowing a 52 yard run where we needed a stop, and a myriad of other items that led to the loss. The fixation on blaming Lombo for everything is misguided. The reality is that Mahomes threw what should have been 4 interceptions and we would have won going away. But we are the Chargers and it didn't go our way.
                      Nah, this guy is driving a ferrari on the go cart track, he’s a fucking moron…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Nah, this guy is driving a ferrari on the go cart track, he’s a fucking moron…
                        It's almost criminal that you would shackle Herbert to a OC like this. Like why?
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

To be fair…

Comment

Working...
                          X