Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    the crossing routes are coming back boys

Herb just needs more time in pocket
    Roll Herbie out...buys him time AND he sees the field better...too bad if it takes this long for Lombo to discover crossing routes...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...ugh...ugly...he talks about Lombo forcing Herbie into an O where Herbie is the worst in the league in "depth of target"...never mind that Herbie has a cannon of an arm with excellent accuracy...but no...Lombo doggedly dials up those 5-yd. stick routes--same as he dialed up for Drew Brees and his noodle arm in his last year or two...
      That kid in that video looks like he is 18 years old lol.Anyways......

Lombo didnt dial up ANY of those for Brees.

Pete Carmicheal was and still is the OC for the Saints and PAYTON called the plays so if you dont like those calls, you wont want Payton here.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

The Chargers are holding Justin Herbert back.

The Los Angeles Chargers are completely holding their Quarterback Justin Herbert back. Herbert is one of the best QBs in the NFL, but the Chargers have underperformed this year, and so has he. They have plenty of issues and most of them rest on the shoulders of offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi. What is he doing wrong and can Justin Herbert overcome it? This week’s episode uses the all-22 coaches film to analyze the 2022 Los Angeles Chargers Quarterback Justin Herbert.​
        should of been fired already.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That kid in that video looks like he is 18 years old lol.Anyways......

Lombo didnt dial up ANY of those for Brees.

Pete Carmicheal was and still is the OC for the Saints and PAYTON called the plays so if you dont like those calls, you wont want Payton here.
          Okay, good point. So, Lombo is IMITATING the OC he served under when he was QB coach of the Saints...just no creativity--Lombo apparently thinks "what worked with noodle-armed Brees should work with cannon-arm Herbie"...NOT...
          Last edited by Topcat; 12-10-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

"But when his dinking, and dunking, and hunger for stick routes became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder."
            -Boney M, Rasputin

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, good point. So, Lombo is IMITATING the OC he served under when he was QB coach of the Saints...just no creativity--Lombo apparently thinks "what worked with noodle-armed Brees should work with cannon-arm Herbie"...NOT...
              Still no. Payton called the plays. Sean Payton......who most here want us to hire.

Brees I think had more throws to RBs than any QB in the league. Brady gets an honorable mention lol. However Brees also threw deep with Payton.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Still no. Payton called the plays. Sean Payton......who most here want us to hire.

Brees I think had more throws to RBs than any QB in the league. Brady gets an honorable mention lol. However Brees also threw deep with Payton.
                I dont think it is very astute to assume Sean Peyton would be calling the same plays for Justin Herbert as he did in the last few years with Drew Brees when he didnt have much arm strength left

I think Peyton is smart enough to design an offence around what he has to work with.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I dont think it is very astute to assume Sean Peyton would be calling the same plays for Justin Herbert as he did in the last few years with Drew Brees when he didnt have much arm strength left

I think Peyton is smart enough to design an offence around what he has to work with.
                  You would think so...Peyton = smart...Lombo...not so much...

Comment

• TTThunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

My opinion of Staley will be based on whether he keeps Lombardi or brings in a new OC next year.
                    I like Staley. But if he insists on keeping Lombo next year, I want him gone too...

Good coach should know WHERE the team can improve... He did it last year with the special team coach and looked how we became!

If he can't fire Lombo because of former relationship, he should not be an NFL HC!

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Saints RBs have had well over 100 receptions when Brees was in his prime. But I agree. And I think Lombo wouldnt call the same plays with all our WRs healthy. At least the top 3.

I'm not sticking up for Lombardi but having Herbert, Allen and MW hurt most the season limits what they can do. Then throw in the second and 3rd string OL last week.

I do think Payton would be a better playcaller but I also can't stress enough what Herberts rib injury played into a lot of the short game.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Saints RBs have had well over 100 receptions when Brees was in his prime. But I agree. And I think Lombo wouldnt call the same plays with all our WRs healthy. At least the top 3.

I'm not sticking up for Lombardi but having Herbert, Allen and MW hurt most the season limits what they can do. Then throw in the second and 3rd string OL last week.

I do think Payton would be a better playcaller but I also can't stress enough what Herberts rib injury played into a lot of the short game.
                        Injuries have played a factor but the offence badly lacks speed and Lombardi is a unimaginative, poor player caller. Nothing but curl and stick routes over and over and no slants and vertical routes that create YAC.

Herbert has to make too many diffucult throws and has been turned into checkdown Charlie. 6,2 yard pass ave is 32nd or the worst of QBs in the NFL, absolutely unacceptable for Justin Herbert under any circumstances.

This clown is ruining Justin Herbert. I wholeheartedly agree wih others here who feel that if Staley isnt a good enough head coach with a good enough football mind to see that he needs to being in a new OC and new offence next year then he too needs to be replaced as head coach.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

what plays would Payton or any OC /HC call with Herb getting <2 seconds in the pocket?

Comment

Working...
                          X