• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I mean, c'mon. They've attempted way more 3rd downs than every other team. So of course they've completed more.

But they are 10th in 3rd down conversion. The top teams? Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Bengals, 49ers.

Interesting.
    C'mon... comparing one of the most injured teams to 6 of the least injured teams in the NFL isn't quite fair.
    A real-time look at the 2023 injured reserve cap totals for each NFL team and position.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This was Lynn's last year...most of the complaining was about Lynn's horrible game planning and game day decisions...Stitch dialed up some really pretty long balls to T-Billy and Guyton, which opened up the short game...unfortunately, this was frequently undermined by Lynn's bonehead blunders...
      TPB typically targets one coach over all others.
      It's a yearly tradition.
      Lombo is low hanging fruit.
      :deadhorse:

​​​​​​
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

C'mon... comparing one of the most injured teams to 6 of the least injured teams in the NFL isn't quite fair.
        A real-time look at the 2023 injured reserve cap totals for each NFL team and position.
        I know. We have all heard about it's not who you play but when you play them. This account for of you play them when they are missing key players it's a different movie than when they stars perform.
        Attrition happens.
        Good teams go .500 when they miss good players. And then take off when they get healthy again. Bad team go .500 if their lucky with their good players healthy and then can't win at all when injured.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I got $100 that says you won’t turn the TV off. turning it off for a minute to win the bet and turning it back on is not allowed,. You have tor turn it off FOREVER to win the bet.
          Out of all the brilliant information I gave you... that's what you got out of my post...? Sigh...
          :smh:

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Maybe Lombardi has been purposely laying back all season so he can whip some unexpected razzle dazzle on the opposition they’ve never seen before.

:ml:

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The counterpoint was against trumpeting having the most 3rd down conversions, which is obvious given we have the most 3rd downs. Not quite sure why you're injecting injuries into that rebuttal.

The truth remains we are woeful when it comes to getting 1st downs ON 1st or 2nd down. And it appears to be by design, hoping that superman Herbert will bail us out (which he often does, the 10th best in the league?). I'd just love more variance and design from our OC on 1st and 2nd down besides the usual usual.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

I wonder why Staley targeted Darius Swinton this past offseason. Why'd he make that "one coach" the scapegoat? Such low hanging fruit. Hell, why'd we dump Lynn? Why make that coach the scapegoat?

At what point are we "allowed" to question a coach? What are the Critty TPB rules for engagement?

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I wonder why Staley targeted Darius Swinton this past offseason. Why'd he make that "one coach" the scapegoat? Such low hanging fruit. Hell, why'd we dump Lynn? Why make that coach the scapegoat?

At what point are we "allowed" to question a coach? What are the Critty TPB rules for engagement?
                  Every snap you can question. I've question these coaches too. I'm just not nearly as harsh at times. I'm looking at roster and opponent and how a player plays that day. Lombo was put on notice by Staley already. Now that they are relatively healthy more production for the offense is what Brandon is expecting.
                  Ive already said a few time they can go get another Xs and O's guy. I'm just looking at 5th in RedZone last year with the same OC. I'm a optimistic type of fan and I'm trying to give the guy some mojo for this run. I want them to get Slater back for the post season run. I want to see that 5th rated redzone offense show up. If it doesn't, I say there's a 50/50 chance he gets replaced since Staley publicly stated his expectations this past week.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

This is a good read about redzone offense.

Block just a bit better up front and score more TDs.

Hmmm. I wonder if better coaching could help with this?

We still have Linsley (all-pro, #1 center), Zion Johnson (highly-touted, doing well this season for a rookie), a much improved Trey Pipkins, and an average LG Feiler (who we had last year as well with our "top-5 offense"). So with all of that, what's the problem? Somehow the Bengals seem to overcome their OL problems. Losing Slater hurts, of course. But every team loses key players. And their coaches find ways to shift and strategize with the players they do have. And we have plenty. We've had a healthy Allen, Williams, Palmer, Ekeler, Herbert, and Parham the past couple games and still can't design passes into the EZ?

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                      Maybe Lombardi has been purposely laying back all season so he can whip some unexpected razzle dazzle on the opposition they’ve never seen before.

:ml:
                      Opposing playoff team watches 2022 Chargers offense tape. Formulates defense to stop 40 short passes.

Chargers come out with 10 deep shots that look like your typical 8-yard pass play.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If they can start to run it in at will in RedZone then you get the easy wide open play action plays opening up.

TE Michael Mayer would be a great addition. Especially for RedZone production. If he runs a slow 40, he may be there when Chargers draft.
                        The last few weeks have all been running TDs in the red zone.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Hmmm. I wonder if better coaching could help with this?

We still have Linsley (all-pro, #1 center), Zion Johnson (highly-touted, doing well this season for a rookie), a much improved Trey Pipkins, and an average LG Feiler (who we had last year as well with our "top-5 offense"). So with all of that, what's the problem? Somehow the Bengals seem to overcome their OL problems. Losing Slater hurts, of course. But every team loses key players. And their coaches find ways to shift and strategize with the players they do have. And we have plenty. We've had a healthy Allen, Williams, Palmer, Ekeler, Herbert, and Parham the past couple games and still can't design passes into the EZ?
                          Talent and health helps more than coaching. But coaching does help.

Meaning I'd rather coach a healthy Slater over Sayler as my blind side protector of my franchise QB.

Whoever gets canned and replaced.....I wish the new guy good talent and health.

Comment

Working...
                          X