Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    What is your considered opinion? Will he be ready and 100 percent by Week 1? Will he be able to perform at the peak of his ability at all this season? Will he ever be the same player he was 2-3 seasons ago?

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I agree that player talent differential is not that great, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the coaching talent . . . . . . in my mind this is the biggest difference between the 2 teams.

I'll say it one more time - Moore better be getting this offense ready to routinely outscore our opposition, because we're not going to win consistently with defense . . . . . .
      Spags vs Lombo was a mismatch, barely. KC isn't getting a break this year. KC sure as hell won't beat our starting offense with their #16 scoring defense.
      I

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

The Charger's are stacked on paper. They have to translate the talent to on the field. The starters were stacked last year but injuries and lack of depth killed them. This year they should have some nice depth to help if they get hit by the injury bug again.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What is your considered opinion? Will he be ready and 100 percent by Week 1? Will he be able to perform at the peak of his ability at all this season? Will he ever be the same player he was 2-3 seasons ago?
          I'm no orthopedic surgeon, right? lol

Although I *am* a career allied health professional of 30+ years. I've seen things. (And I've had 6 orthopedic surgeries!)

My considered opinion-- although others have disagreed with me-- is that because his patellar injury was 'uncomplicated', his chances for a full recovery are really good. I hesitate to say 'excellent', but really good.

By 'uncomplicated', I mean that there were no other associated injuries-- cartilage tears, muscle ruptures, and whatnot.

Jackson's injury was-- as I understand it-- confined to a tear of the patellar (knee) tendon, which holds the knee cap (patella) in it's protective place over the junction between the femur and the tibia.

Now, I have no idea whether Jackson's recovery arc is EXACTLY as he described, or if he's just bullshitting like an incriminated political figure. What I'm saying is that, IMO, it is absolutely possible to fully recover from the type of injury he experienced.

Really hoping J.C. *does*. May it be so.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            I really dislike having 17 reg season games. Don't count the 1st 3. Let teams see new guys, players coming off injury in live action scrimmages before it gets serious.
            No one has to play preseason.
            I don't mind it. I like it in fact. You get to see the team from the other conference an extra time. I thought 4 preseason games was too long and it made you want the regular season to just come aleady.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
              The Charger's are stacked on paper. They have to translate the talent to on the field. The starters were stacked last year but injuries and lack of depth killed them. This year they should have some nice depth to help if they get hit by the injury bug again.

Here's what the Chargers "have to do", if they're going to contend for a title, beyond staying healthy.

Offensively:

(1) Protect Herb

(2) Create a credible running game that prevents defenses from overplaying the pass.

Defensively:

(1) Stop the <expletive of choice> run!

(2) Create enough pass pressure consistently that the opposing QB has to throw before he wants to, or else has to take a sack.

To the degree that the Bolts fail at any of these 4 objectives, they'll be vulnerable to getting exploited.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I'm no orthopedic surgeon, right? lol

Although I *am* a career allied health professional of 30+ years. I've seen things. (And I've had 6 orthopedic surgeries!)

My considered opinion-- although others have disagreed with me-- is that because his patellar injury was 'uncomplicated', his chances for a full recovery are really good. I hesitate to say 'excellent', but really good.

By 'uncomplicated', I mean that there were no other associated injuries-- cartilage tears, muscle ruptures, and whatnot.

Jackson's injury was-- as I understand it-- confined to a tear of the patellar (knee) tendon, which holds the knee cap (patella) in it's protective place over the junction between the femur and the tibia.

Now, I have no idea whether Jackson's recovery arc is EXACTLY as he described, or if he's just bullshitting like an incriminated political figure. What I'm saying is that, IMO, it is absolutely possible to fully recover from the type of injury he experienced.

Really hoping J.C. *does*. May it be so.
                Thanks for an informed opinion. I've worked out and rehabbed personal sports injuries since 1966 and always talk up others about their experiences. I'm impressed with the advancement of procedures over that span. Knowledge and techniques improve more rapidly every year. I'd give him a good chance based on that fact.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want a high powered, explosive, touchdown scoring offense. So yes, I agree Moore needs to get that offense juiced up and going
                  Yep...I want us to use the pass to set up the run...pedal to the metal, baby, no let up...I want MOORE points early, MOORE points midgame, and MOORE points at the end...no more of that Lame Lombo 3-and-out O...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've read that athletes often never fully return from patellar tendon injuries. But your analysis is the best news I've read RE JC's specific case. Yes, let's hope he has a full recovery and is red eye to rumble week 1 and that he gets a coupla picks off Tua and that he's over the ankle issue as well.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Well 2 of those games are against divisional opponents which we have not be able to beat twice in a season even though
                      we seem to have the better roster.

Jets now have a legit (although narcissistic among other things) QB to go with a pretty good defense.
                      If Detroit's offense is anything like last year and ditto our defense we could be in trouble in that one.

Ravens look pretty damn good to me and we have not beaten NE since 2008.

That leaves Chicago and GB as the weak part of that particular schedule. I'm not so sure Chicago is any
                      kind of push over either. GB, well it's in GB and the weather may not be to our advantage there.

So yeah it's a tough schedule, despite the respective record of last year. Every year is different in the NFL.
                      I wouldn't be shocked we go 4-4 during that time span. And then look at the rest of the schedule. Not exactly
                      a piece of cake.
                      Year of the Flip - quit worrying so much.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've read that athletes often never fully return from patellar tendon injuries. But your analysis is the best news I've read RE JC's specific case. Yes, let's hope he has a full recovery and is red eye to rumble week 1 and that he gets a coupla picks off Tua and that he's over the ankle issue as well.
                        Personally, I don't think he will ever be the same athlete plus he's now a year older, and still in the wrong scheme.

All that being said, I have mad respect for him for coming back so early. If his performance suffers, I won't hold it against him, just a lot stacked against him.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Nobody knows. Hoping for the best...we'll have a pretty good idea after the first 2-3 games...

Comment

Working...
                          X