• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    We must be watching different games because the Chargers lost both games by 3 pts each and were in position to win both matchups. Some might argue the Chargers out-played the Chiefs in both games but unfortunate circumstances swung the game(s) to the Chiefs. You might want to review the game film from last season.

We choked when it mattered . . . . . . . KC didn't. Until the Chargers develop a killer mentality, close out teams when given the opportunity and play with discipline we will be losing 8 out of 10 close games (against good teams).

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

We choked when it mattered . . . . . . . KC didn't. Until the Chargers develop a killer mentality, close out teams when given the opportunity and play with discipline we will be losing 8 out of 10 close games (against good teams).
      Yep agreed! We hope our players and culture have developed this trait at this point. They either have it or they don't have it?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep agreed! We hope our players and culture has developed this trait at this point. It either has or hasn't?
        Unfortunately it hasn't, or the Jville game would have had a much different outcome. Leadership is the key to fixing the team's mindset . . . . . . . . Staley, Moore, Herbert

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

We choked when it mattered . . . . . . . KC didn't.
          Granted, but I disagree with those who say there is still a big gap between the Chargers and Chiefs. There is not.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

JC Jackson hopes to be full-go by Week 1.

Chargers CB J.C. Jackson (knee) hopes to be '100 percent' by start of season (nfl.com)

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Something else about our injuries last year:

Almost all were pro bowlers. Lost a backup/fringe guy here and there, but how many, six or seven top talents either out or playing at a much lesser level? That’s insane and NO team will go deep in the playoffs with losses like that. That last game against JAX when Vato went down, effing last straw and remember he was our #3 CB at the start of the season, so Lawrence torched our 4th/5th guys? Rightly so or THEY don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. God just hates us, it’s personal, I dunno.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Granted, but I disagree with those who say there is still a big gap between the Chargers and Chiefs. There is not.
                I agree that player talent differential is not that great, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the coaching talent . . . . . . in my mind this is the biggest difference between the 2 teams.

I'll say it one more time - Moore better be getting this offense ready to routinely outscore our opposition, because we're not going to win consistently with defense . . . . . .

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That's PFF's judgement on who has the hardest schedules.

Here is NFL.com's judgement on who has it the hardest. https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-sc...17-game-slates

Chargers are not in the top 10 there. To give my opinion, I don't our schedule is as hard as some fans make it out.

Also, the SOS thing is flawed. Teams who were good the previous year might get worse because of whatever reason. And there's going to be teams who do better than people expected them to.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I agree that player talent differential is not that great, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the coaching talent . . . . . . in my mind this is the biggest difference between the 2 teams.

I'll say it one more time - Moore better be getting this offense ready to routinely outscore our opposition, because we're not going to win consistently with defense . . . . . .
                    I want a high powered, explosive, touchdown scoring offense. So yes, I agree Moore needs to get that offense juiced up and going

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want a high powered, explosive, touchdown scoring offense. So yes, I agree Moore needs to get that offense juiced up and going
                      Agreed . . . . . . and from the get go. The team cannot afford to start slow with their schedule. 1-2, or (gulp) 1-3 to start the season will make the playoffs extremely difficult.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Rookie Draft Class got assigned jersey numbers:

Chargers Announce Jersey Numbers for 2023 Draft Class

Quentin Johnston: 1

Tuli Tuipulotu: 45

Daiyan Henley: 0

Darius Davis: 12

Jordan McFadden: 71

Scott Matlock: 99

Max Duggan: 8

Henley becomes the first Charger EVER to wear zero.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Starts with the head coach and QB.

They're just not built like that. And we're about to give one of them the richest contract in NFL history.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X