• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Depth. We can't win with a rookie 6th round draft pick at outside CB in the playoffs. Our busted shoulder QB was adequate as long as the D put him in the red zone.
    The takeaways dried up when we lost Vato.
    Plenty of blame to go around but Herbert missed two TD throws in the redzone that night. One batted down, (another issue of his), and one that sailed on a wide open KA in the back of the endzone.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Plenty of blame to go around but Herbert missed two TD throws in the redzone that night. One batted down, (another issue of his), and one that sailed on a wide open KA in the back of the endzone.
      Don't forget how Herbert failed to cover anyone in the 2nd half and let a bad Jag team score on him at will. For a 2 way player he sucks on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Don't forget how Herbert failed to cover anyone in the 2nd half and let a bad Jag team score on him at will. For a 2 way player he sucks on both sides of the ball.
        Thanks, you reminded me of the only 3 points the Herbert -led offense could muster in the second half.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Jim - we're just going to have to disagree on Staley. We'll see in a few months. Miami will tell the tale.

For the record - I hope your right about him, and I'm wrong . . . . . . . .
          Miami is one of 17 games. Won't tell much if we win or lose.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Miami will tell us if Staley's learned anything on how to prepare a team to play winning football . . . . . . or not

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

judging by last years Miami performance I am confident Staley has a good gameplan.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Could at least potentially be the most entertaining game of week 1 (or most stressful).

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Thanks, you reminded me of the only 3 points the Herbert -led offense could muster in the second half.
                  Agree the loss is only on Herbert, no one else shares the blame. As you have said many times, he is a lousy QB and not worth an extension. Only bad players use playing through pain and busted rib cartilage as an excuse.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

He just makes absurd statements, like - 'I thought we coached well', and 'no - I don't think we were outcoached' . . . . . . . hard to be confident in a guy who would say such things after his team just had a monumental collapse. He's either; 1) an idiot, 2) totally disconnected from reality, or 3) deflecting responsibility. Any of these are the kiss of death for someone in a leadership position . . . . . . . I'd be willing to bet there were some rolled eyes even among Charger players after those statements . . . . . . . not to mention the rest of the league laughing up their sleeve at him . . . . . . what a buffoon

This is the one that always gets me - that some of you otherwise wise intelligent gentlemen are so often troubled or bothered or otherwise angst-stricken about motherfucking coach-speak. Let me emphasize just for effect and hopefully not make it seem like I’m yelling, because you know I’m really just a hugger …

NO NFL COACHES EVER SAY SHIT EVER.

Coach speak is not real, its not relevant to coaching, and its not anything to ever make assessments off of. If you judge coaches based on coach speak then the absolute all time worst coach in the history of football is Bill Bellycheat.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Agree the loss is only on Herbert, no one else shares the blame. As you have said many times, he is a lousy QB and not worth an extension. Only bad players use playing through pain and busted rib cartilage as an excuse.
                      Well it just highlights his inability to rise above when things go to hell around him.

The only thing I would disagree with you on is, he is not worth an extension ... YET.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Well it just highlights his inability to rise above when things go to hell around him.

The only thing I would disagree with you on is, he is not with an extension ... YET.
                        You’re kidding, i hope
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re kidding, i hope
                          Maybe a little about the first part. But not the second, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                          X