• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wish I could remember the person on twitter that had the stats about the Chargers and running on first down and how bad it was

I do seem to recall nobody threw more passes on 2nd and 10+ than Herbert last year. Getting a running game is vital to helping Herbert. The Chargers cannot always be in 2nd and long and 3rd downs. Its very inefficient and will not bode well for success.

As much as I think the WR room needed a player like QJ; the offense also needs a more reliable running game
    You’re gonna see Moore offense, its the year of the flip.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Really curious how our running game is goin to improve this year from last.It HAS to or we will will not go far again this season.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Really curious how our running game is goin to improve this year from last.It HAS to or we will will not go far again this season.
        Spiller. Gotta be.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Big time question
          hope they have the answer

right now, its Spiller

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I still want Kareem Hunt,yeah I said it.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

The answer is not another RB.

It's in the run blocking. Ekeler and Kelly can tote the pigskin for nice gains if they aren't getting hit behind the los. The run blocking can be improved by changes in the assignments to the linemen or by changes to who those OL are. We know we are getting back our LT and we know he's a very fine run blocker. So that's at least one way of getting better. We'll have to see about our Guards and Pip.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                The answer is not another RB.

It's in the run blocking. Ekeler and Kelly can tote the pigskin for nice gains if they aren't getting hit behind the los. The run blocking can be improved by changes in the assignments to the linemen or by changes to who those OL are. We know we are getting back our LT and we know he's a very fine run blocker. So that's at least one way of getting better. We'll have to see about our Guards and Pip.
                I am expecting Salyer to become a road grader with some time in the new position now that he doesn' have to hedge for the outside speed edge. We need to see Pipkins rush blocking improve.

I remember watching so many games last year when the OL weren't getting beat 1x1, they were not even in the right places to engage defenders - they were moving around and never locking up on their blocking assignment. They just ran around doing Lombo Loops. That is something Dallas blockers did not suffer for the last several years - Moore knows how to fix it. That said, I'm hoping to see Spiller surpass Kelley.

Year of The Flip
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If Moore gets these virtually same guys blocking at a high level, boy that’s gonna be bad for the Lombo koolaid drinkers lol.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I'm hoping to see Spiller surpass everyone in the league.

Year of the Flip!
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      If Moore gets these virtually same guys blocking at a high level, boy that’s gonna be bad for the Lombo koolaid drinkers lol.
                      Last year: Salyer-Feiler- Linsley- Zion- Pipkins- OC Lombardi
                      This year: Slater-Zion-Linsley-Salyer-Pipkins - OC Moore

Slater was a Pro Bowl LT as a rookie, Linsley has PB credentials, Zion, Salyer, Pipkins are better than avg.
                      They're bright, talented and want to be a SB OL. Moore looks ready and able to install his blocking concepts. We'll see.
                      I don't think anyone is going to want Lombardi back.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Last year: Salyer-Feiler- Linsley- Zion- Pipkins- OC Lombardi
                        This year: Slater-Zion-Linsley-Salyer-Pipkins - OC Moore

Slater was a Pro Bowl LT as a rookie, Linsley has PB credentials, Zion, Salyer, Pipkins are better than avg.
                        They're bright, talented and want to be a SB OL. Moore looks ready and able to install his blocking concepts. We'll see.
                        I don't think anyone is going to want Lombardi back.
                        Just me or is that have the potential to be, well, brutal?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re gonna see Moore offense, its the year of the flip.
                          Now everyone's doing it . . . . . . . I predict it'll be Moore of the same for the rest of the year!

Comment

Working...
                          X