• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If they are not on the same page, that is coaching. That's exactly why Lombo failed. The design better fit the players and not the other way around. Our O line guys tend to
    larger slower guys. A power blocking scheme incorporating more FB blocking may be a better fit for our personnel. Whatever we do the running game needs improvement.
    We don't have to be a top 5 running team. But we'd do well to have more 3rd and 2, instead of 3rd and 7.
    That's the Triple Lindy.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I like the Moore hire, it’s probably one of the smartest moves the Spanos have made in a good long while…as for that being a rant? Considering what I’ve read on these forums I’m not certain that even qualifies…sure I’m out on staley, and I’m also out on bosa, and I’m probably still not over jax, but this hire is definitely a step in the right direction and the only thing giving me a sliver of hope for 2023 and the future with herbert…IMO this move was all about making sure herbert would want to stay longterm with the chargers on contract extension…

It also pleases me to know that if staley can’t get his defense to play at a much higher level, then the chargers have someone that can take over the reigns going forward…I’m not a gambler but I’d almost be wiling to bet that if things continue the same on defense with staley, moore will likely be the ‘next man up’ to coach the chargers…
      FYI, going by memory we have never promoted someone on our staff to HC. The opportunity to do so, especially during Telesco's time has been there.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Popper brought up the week before that he believed Reich was the exception and the #1 choice hire for OC because of his credentials and experience as a play caller. Otherwise, they were going with someone from the Shanahan/McVay tree because that’s the scheme that Staley believed in. Moore represents an OC whose qualifications was good enough that Staley looked past the fact that he ran a “different” scheme. Similar to the Reich scenario. Does that make sense?
        Staley's offensive vision is but a part of Moore's offense.

It will literally change on a week by week basis.

Think in terms of the midnite buffet on a luxury cruise liner.

Screens, motion, intricate "inter-weaving route concepts" are involved.

Slayer-MW-Palmer-Guyton-Everett.
        This combo will eat.
        All this talk about speed.
        Fix the RZ offense.
        That is all.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Popper brought up the week before that he believed Reich was the exception and the #1 choice hire for OC because of his credentials and experience as a play caller. Otherwise, they were going with someone from the Shanahan/McVay tree because that’s the scheme that Staley believed in. Moore represents an OC whose qualifications was good enough that Staley looked past the fact that he ran a “different” scheme. Similar to the Reich scenario. Does that make sense?
          Yep...makes sense...unless you just wanna take shots at Staley, because he didnt win us a SB in his second year, and he isnt Sean Payton...then its just crazy talk.:lol:
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            personally suspect, and per usual, that it was a Spanos driven hire....

and not so sure this guy is any huge upgrade from Lombardi, who had us as a top five O @one point, and had to deal w/receivers (minus Keenan) who couldn't separate and a patchwork/fledgling Oline.

hopefully Moore keeps us as a top five O, and.... prolly gonna be a lot more dependent on Herbert's return to health and the availability of our "playmakers"

without Dak, Moore's O was 19th.... it's still on team Tommy John and Stalesco to bring things up to speed, and.... do think we're likely to get back up to 12 wins this season.... it's still about personnel and health.... two things, for the most part, out of Kellen's jurisdiction.
            We were 13th best scoring offense in '22, with Herbert. With a backup starting? Hopefully we see some change in depth.
            Mainly we need improved run production (30th) , red zone and scoring with Herbert.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Yes, it does to me.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

FYI, going by memory we have never promoted someone on our staff to HC. The opportunity to do so, especially during Telesco's time has been there.
                Norv turner and al saunders, come to mind but…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This combo will eat.
                  Fix the RZ offense.
                  That is all.
                  If you read that piece I linked earlier in the thread that was how they described Moore hsitorically. Someone who changed the attack week to week based on the defense they were facing. Of course, that depends on being able to do different things equally well.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I like the Moore hire, it’s probably one of the smartest moves the Spanos have made in a good long while…as for that being a rant? Considering what I’ve read on these forums I’m not certain that even qualifies…sure I’m out on staley, and I’m also out on bosa, and I’m probably still not over jax, but this hire is definitely a step in the right direction and the only thing giving me a sliver of hope for 2023 and the future with herbert…IMO this move was all about making sure herbert would want to stay longterm with the chargers on contract extension…

It also pleases me to know that if staley can’t get his defense to play at a much higher level, then the chargers have someone that can take over the reigns going forward…I’m not a gambler but I’d almost be wiling to bet that if things continue the same on defense with staley, moore will likely be the ‘next man up’ to coach the chargers…
                    I asked this question in the previous page but I’m not sure where people are getting the idea that this is a Spanos move. Throughout their history they’ve been hands off when it comes to what the GM and HC wants to do. With the HC, it’s still his decision who he wants on his staff. Otherwise for example they would have forced Lynn to fire George Stewart a long time ago as ST coach. This was all Staley. Just like Ficken was his last name offseason.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Norv turner and al saunders, come to mind but…
                      I don’t remember Al Saunders. But Norv left in 2002 after Marty was hired over him.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This combo will eat.
                        Fix the RZ offense.
                        That is all.
                        I wish he had a defensive vision too, especially one that included bringing in someone to help him run the defense so he can focus on being the HC…I read somewhere this week a former coach was making a comment on what McCarthy is taking on in dallas by wanting to call plays again, the guy said it literally doubles the time commitment for a head coach double as a coordinator and a head coach
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Hell has frozen over...Skip and Shannon are on our side....LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X