• Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

The one D grade from Debbie Downer. LOL!!!!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

I think there's potential for three or four long-term players who make it to a second contract. I think Johnston, Tuipulotu, Henley, and McFadden could be starters down the line. It could also be the typical Telesco draft, in which one or none of these picks makes it to a second contract.

My overall offseason grade for Telesco is an F. I don't feel any more confident about the defense being able to stop the run or the offense closing out games by draining the clock. It also appears that he put us in pretty bad shape for the 2024 cap. His three press conferences were a little humorous, with the way he sidestepped multiple questions, most notably the one about Kenneth Murray not receiving his fifth-year option. One would think Telesco needs this to be a year in which the team takes a big step forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets extended even if we go 8-9, 7-10, or worse.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
        I think there's potential for three or four long-term players who make it to a second contract. I think Johnston, Tuipulotu, Henley, and McFadden could be starters down the line. It could also be the typical Telesco draft, in which one or none of these picks makes it to a second contract.

My overall offseason grade for Telesco is an F. I don't feel any more confident about the defense being able to stop the run or the offense closing out games by draining the clock. It also appears that he put us in pretty bad shape for the 2024 cap. His three press conferences were a little humorous, with the way he sidestepped multiple questions, most notably the one about Kenneth Murray not receiving his fifth-year option. One would think Telesco needs this to be a year in which the team takes a big step forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets extended even if we go 8-9, 7-10, or worse.
        F is a little silly. But it's to be expected for some here. What exactly were you expecting? Another offseason like last year. There's a little thing called salary cap. You kind of have to keep that in mind. It's not all just free free free shopping spree.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Following a season when a player tragically has a heart attack on prime time tv, Telesco wastes a pick on a QB with a heart condition. You just can’t make this shit up.

And 3 picks from a team that was utterly destroyed by a championship team from a far superior conference, yet he picked no players from the SEC.

No TE, a glaring need with a new OC. No RB, with a malcontent starting RB in the locker room. Never know if any offers to trade back, but there’s a clear track record.

Has the potential to be the worst draft in Chargers history. If I’m Herbert, my bags are already packed, and I pray to survive the season in one piece.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Three of the areas most saw in need of help( TE, DB, RB) got zero!
            We appear faster in places, deeper at edge, .....oh, and healthier at QB( for now!)
            Not sure if we've done enough to move the needle forward. Agree that 7,8 win is a real possibility.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
              Following a season when a player tragically has a heart attack on prime time tv, Telesco wastes a pick on a QB with a heart condition. You just can’t make this shit up.

And 3 picks from a team that was utterly destroyed by a championship team from a far superior conference, yet he picked no players from the SEC.

No TE, a glaring need with a new OC. No RB, with a malcontent starting RB in the locker room. Never know if any offers to trade back, but there’s a clear track record.

Has the potential to be the worst draft in Chargers history. If I’m Herbert, my bags are already packed, and I pray to survive the season in one piece.
              Such poor and wrong takes.... Sad.

3 picks from a team that WAS IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME..... Meaning there were some quality players on that team or they wouldn't have been there. *facepalm*

No TE. NOPE! good. If a top TE fell to us then you would have see a TE chosen. Our TE's don't suck. They just don't have an All Pro. It didn't turn out that way waaaaah. You will see a RB and TE in next years draft hope you hang on that long.

Worst draft? Lmao. You're funny. I will pull this post back up so you can eat your words and look silly. QJ is going to be awesome paired with Herbert. smh

Thank god you're not GM.
              Last edited by SuperCharged; 05-03-2023, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

We appear faster in places, deeper at edge, .....oh, and healthier at QB( for now!)
                Not sure if we've done enough to move the needle forward. Agree that 7,8 win is a real possibility.
                No WR was priority one. LB and IDL over CB easy. Man a few of you guys are showing how utterly clueless you are at assessing the current roster and what are the biggest needs.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Hamlin did not have a heart attack, he suffered cardiac arrest from commotio cordis which is vastly different from a heart attack and has nothing to do with Duggan's Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, which has been corrected.

Three picks from the second best team in the country is somehow a bad thing?

Making any kind of a statement before players line up for a single snap is pretty premature. It could also turn out the best draft in Chargers history.

You aren't Herbert and over the weekend he reiterated how he wants to be here long term.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

No WR was priority one. LB and IDL over CB easy. Man a few of you guys are showing how utterly clueless you are at assessing the current roster and what are the biggest needs.
                    Another edge rusher was also a far greater need than TE.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Another edge rusher was also a far greater need than TE.
                      Exactly

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        Obviously hard to judge a draft right away, but I will say my areas of concern:

- no TE?
                        - our weaknesses every year are injuries along the OL and getting gashed against the run and it does not appear we have significantly addressed either

Someone earlier called it a typical TT draft likely with typical results. We shall see, but we do have a decade of data to back up that sentiment.
                        let's talk about now. We drafted OL every year since Staley got here and starters & depth are better than maybe ever.
                        Run D has been addressed. Tito, Kendricks, Henley, Matlock, Jerrod Clark.
                        Typical results since Staley is win another game. 11-6 & 1-1 in the playoffs. I'm hoping for more.
                        Maybe we won't lead the NFL in injuries this year. That and Moore should help.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

By week 8! I do agree.

Comment

Working...
                          X