• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ve never understood this one-way street thought process. If we are getting the better of the deal, you’re sticking it directly to a rival. Why aren’t they both thinking the same thing about trading with Trader Joe, worried about helping the Chargers?

It depends on the traders who negotiate the trade, right? I like Joe’s odds against TT, for ex.
    Imagine Trader Joe vs. TT in a high stakes poker game...

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Easy, I haven't seen Alt ahead of Nabers on any major top 50 player rankings, and Nabers just scorched a 4.35 at his pro day. Alt is not the best non QB player in this draft after MHJ.
      C'mon man. These "experts" juggle these guys like hot potatoes. Up and down, up and down.
      In the end, it doesn't matter what those guys think. It only matters what Hortiz and Harbaugh thinks.
      They want to run the ball and protect the QB.

My personal want is for us to trade back with Minnesota. Having the #11 and #23 will net us two very good players.
      In no way can you convince me that Nabers > Fuaga and Edgerrin Cooper. It's impossible.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

looking @PFF, the suggestion is that Tyler Nubin is good value @37, and that the likes of Edgerrin Cooper, Junior Colson & Kris Jenkins are better gets @67/69 ??

PFF also calls Bralen Trice a top 50 talent, but lists him @69....

Jaylen Wright @71, Trey Benson @86, Jeremiah Trotter @88, Brendan Rice @95.... Ray Davis @102, Marshawn Lynch @105.

Beaux Limmer @106, Cade Stover @113, Cooper Beebe @123, Braelon Allen @129
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          looking @PFF, the suggestion is that Tyler Nubin is good value @37, and that the likes of Edgerrin Cooper, Junior Colson & Kris Jenkins are better gets @67/69 ??

PFF also calls Bralen Trice a top 50 talent, but lists him @69....

Jaylen Wright @71, Trey Benson @86, Jeremiah Trotter @88, Brendan Rice @95.... Ray Davis @102, Marshawn Lynch @105.

Beaux Limmer @106, Cade Stover @113, Cooper Beebe @123, Braelon Allen @129
          Edgerrin Cooper has had Top-30 visits with #22, 24, 25, and 26 teams. If Chargers move back to #23 then that means teams #22-26 are meeting with him. Now, maybe that means that all those successive teams have a 2nd round grade on him... but round 1 is the only time they are all bunched together.

I think you mean Marshawn LLoyd.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Edgerrin Cooper has had Top-30 visits with #22, 24, 25, and 26 teams. If Chargers move back to #23 then that means teams #22-26 are meeting with him. Now, maybe that means that all those successive teams have a 2nd round grade on him... but round 1 is the only time they are all bunched together.

I think you mean Marshawn LLoyd.
            Jenkins/60, Cooper/62, Colson/66
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I would be ok with it because I know they need to improve the o-line. The problem is I don't know what they think of the current o-line and I'm sure they are not sure until they get them in Aug 2. I'm guessing they are pretty happy w/ LT but RT might need improvement then I think they could find true RT later in the draft. I think #23 or #27 would be a good spot to pick up their future RT, IMHO.
              Are there any particular prospects you have in mind @RT with the #23 pick...?
              If you have us @#23... I assume you think we will trade back with the Vikings. Who is your #11 pick favorite?

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Jenkins/60, Cooper/62, Colson/66
                Maybe according to PFF. But actual NFL teams seem to have a higher grade on him.
                I think Edgerrin is a good Patrick Queen comp... who went in the 1st round.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm starting to see rumors about teams trading into the Top 5 for McCarthy, and if so? Good things will happen for the Chargers.
                  Exactly. If the 1st four picks are QBs, the Chargers are in position to get the best non-QB player of the draft, or trade the pick for a bounty if a team who desperately wants Bo Nix wants to jump ahead of the Giants.

Sean Payton is said to covet Bo Nix. If the first four picks are 1. Caleb 2. Drake Maye 3. Jayden D. 4. McCarthy, and the Broncos are desperate to move ahead of the Giants, do you trade with them? The Broncos currently have the #12 pick. They don't have a 2nd in this draft, but they have #76 in the 3rd, #121 in the 4th and three picks in the top half of the 5th. Then there are next year's picks.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Are there any particular prospects you have in mind @RT with the #23 pick...?
                    If you have us @#23... I assume you think we will trade back with the Vikings. Who is your #11 pick favorite?
                    Can I field that one...? At 23, I got Fautanu, Mims, and Guyton. At least one of those guys will be there.

If they truly feel they need to upgrade on Pip, its gonna have to be in the first. Maybe...just maybe, Suamataia at 37 would fit the bill...great physical tools...but needs some work.

They arent looking at the OTs at the top for the hell of it...and its not smoke. They dont really need to disguise what they covet, because barring the trade back dream, they likely are in the drivers seat for any none qb in the draft. No smoke needed...and looking at tackles doesnt scare anybody.

My opinion? If they have come to the conclusion that Pip aint it, it will be OT in the first, regardless of where we pick. Fans can talk about generational, cant miss talents all they want...Jim doesnt care. He is building a team. Jim will do Jim.
                    Dont say I didnt warn you, TPB...
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Oh man, you can upgrade Pip with a pick in any round. Seriously, dude is Sammy small school average.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Imagine Trader Joe vs. TT in a high stakes poker game...
                        ???

Is that different than imagining them playing a high stakes game of Parcheesi.or Monopoly?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Exactly. If the 1st four picks are QBs, the Chargers are in position to get the best non-QB player of the draft, or trade the pick for a bounty if a team who desperately wants Bo Nix wants to jump ahead of the Giants.

Sean Payton is said to covet Bo Nix. If the first four picks are 1. Caleb 2. Drake Maye 3. Jayden D. 4. McCarthy, and the Broncos are desperate to move ahead of the Giants, do you trade with them? The Broncos currently have the #12 pick. They don't have a 2nd in this draft, but they have #76 in the 3rd, #121 in the 4th and three picks in the top half of the 5th. Then there are next year's picks.
                          If the Broncos want to trade up to 5 for a QB -- it would cost them
                          2024: 1-12
                          2024 3-76
                          2024: a 4th or 5th rounder
                          2025: FRP
                          2025: SRP

Comment

Working...
                          X